From Vito Blog:

KingDL1

For whatever reason, leaving people (Dodge, Goldsmith) in the dark seems like a trend with RV. Maybe he's just too disorganized to set up a meeting or hasn't yet figured out how to send evites on his email program? But, really, how hard is to set a date/time for a very important meeting that you've known was going to occur since early August? No matter what the final decision is, timing is everything in this process. High school playoffs are wrapping up for most teams and the players are shifting their focus on college choices. Now is not the time to be indecisive.

There isn't a meeting set because he isn't going to be fired. All the Dodge haters out there are stuck with him for another year! :lol:

I am to the point where I really don't care one way or another...I just want to win some games...I just find some people on this board freakin' hillarious...I am talking about those who have all the answers...they really make me laugh!!!

Edited by BIG DAWG

There isn't a meeting set because he isn't going to be fired. All the Dodge haters out there are stuck with him for another year! :lol:

I am to the point where I really don't care one way or another...I just want to win some games...I just find some people on this board freakin' hillarious...I am talking about those who have all the answers...they really make me laugh!!!

I actually am starting to find it comical that so many people have trouble wondering why it is so hard to get former students or the residents of Denton interested in our football program because if you bring a coach back that is 5-31, you don't have to wonder why it is so hard, it becomes pretty darn obvious. :lol:

There isn't a meeting set because he isn't going to be fired.

As has been quoted several times, RV apparently has end-of-season meetings/evaluations with each coach on an annual basis. He stated such in his live chat session prior to the start of this season. So, regardless of whether Dodge's services are retained, a meeting is inevitable. If he's going to let Dodge go, it seems like the job should have been posted 30 days ago and, if he's going to keep him, wouldn't he want to end the speculation and reassure Dodge, the team and the kids that are currently being recruited?

It is my opinion that any further delay in an announcement favors keeping Dodge. However, it could also mean that a decision is still being pondered. I'm not sure which scenario is more frightening.

It is my opinion that any further delay in an announcement favors keeping Dodge.

My problem with this is that it's incredibly easy to make an announcement that Dodge is staying, business as usual, on w/ recruiting.

If you assume that the ASU game didn't make the decision one way or another, then there's no reason NOT to make that announcement, especially as damage control for your coach's less than confident rambling to the press (See Hawkins, Dan). Just announcing that Football Trilli is staying requires no paperwork, meetings with Dr. B, behind the scenes maneuvering, financial discussions, etc.... therefore, takes infinitely less time and effort. I would think THAT would be the quick call.

That being said, would anything surprise you here?

My problem with this is that it's incredibly easy to make an announcement that Dodge is staying, business as usual, on w/ recruiting.

If you assume that the ASU game didn't make the decision one way or another, then there's no reason NOT to make that announcement, especially as damage control for your coach's less than confident rambling to the press (See Hawkins, Dan). Just announcing that Football Trilli is staying requires no paperwork, meetings with Dr. B, behind the scenes maneuvering, financial discussions, etc.... therefore, takes infinitely less time and effort. I would think THAT would be the quick call.

That being said, would anything surprise you here?

I really like your new name for Todge. Football Trilli.

I hear ya.........If we had the time to give everybody their fair chance...............RV should plant their asses in the job based on the level of "best ideas". The expert with the most ideas gets to be head coach 1st........all the way down to "no ideas" and he can be Diet Coke Boy.