Dodge Really Needs To Go.

meangreenbob

I, like others in our section pay to watch D1A college football not HIGH SCHOOL football. After "three years " it is obvious to all that Mr. Dodge for whatever reason refused to learn, to study, to change and adapt to college football coaching. After three years the team makes the same mistakes and penalties and the won/loss record in and of itself warrants his dismissal.

Three years is a lot of time for someone to learn. It is not as if Mr. Dodge did not have a fair chance or honest opportunity. He did!

Time is of the essence.

I, like others in our section pay to watch D1A college football not HIGH SCHOOL football. After "three years " it is obvious to all that Mr. Dodge for whatever reason refused to learn, to study, to change and adapt to college football coaching. After three years the team makes the same mistakes and penalties and the won/loss record in and of itself warrants his dismissal.

Three years is a lot of time for someone to learn. It is not as if Mr. Dodge did not have a fair chance or honest opportunity. He did!

Time is of the essence.

Does it feel good to start a new thread with a more dramatic title?

We're getting better at beating a dead horse... Okay, for the fun of it... I'm in .

"We played a good game and finished another great season. These guys are champions! The score might have been bigger if we hadnt missed a few opportunities."....Darrell Dickey after the 2002 New Orleans Bowl.

I cant believe Geroge Marshall was that wide open and dropped the freakin ball? It could have cost us the game! I think Geroge Marshall should have been benched right then. Thank God we had Kevin Howard!

Dead horse beating complete... I'm out.

GMG!!!

Dear Fellow Mean Green Supporters:

It is not fun reading all over this board how people are lashing out. We are eating our own. Very sad.

This is relatively calm to what I've seen (and posted) on other boards. Not to mention, I don't see other Schools paying $180k per win for their Head Coach.

I'm glad someone finally brought this too light. I'm tired of everyone blaming Weston Squier for these loses.

Yeah! All the dude ever does is stand around on the sideline. I think he's just on the team to have a better chance at scoring with the chicks. I've never even seen him so much as turn his cap backward or hold a clipboard!

This is relatively calm to what I've seen (and posted) on other boards. Not to mention, I don't see other Schools paying $180k per win for their Head Coach.

No kidding. Care to peruse the OU meltdown after this weekend? They want everyone gone: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Six conference titles in 11 seasons, one national title, and probably $100 million dollars worth of trips to BCS bowl games apparently aren't enough to please them...and, some people here think expectations for Dodge are too high?

On the OU site, checkout threads like, "Should OU decline any bowl invitation?"

To say that Dodge has it tough here is ridiculous. Compared to what is expected of other coaches in other places, he's walking on sunshine, bruthah! I haven't been to a Notre Dame fansite yet today, but I'll bet it's pretty similar to what OU fans are espousing.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Oh, I'm with ya'll on the concept that taking the heat comes with supervising the kitchen. I'm just saddened that TD and others are catching so much $hit because 20-year-olds don't make plays. Some of those plays this season have been the type that can be corrected with coaching, and some haven't. This is like a fist fight at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

What I see is a team right on the verge of something very big.

We only graduate 1 guy playing on defense.

We have a freshman QB that makes plays.

Our offense comes back intact.

We get some scholarships back that we lost for academic reasons.

There is huge upside for this program.

Anyone care to remember what our team looked like right before we won 4 straight titles?

It looked a lot like this one.

Competetive, but somehow lost games they had a chance to win.

The kids still believe, they are still playing hard, and are just not finishing games right now.

Be patient one more year.

You will be glad you did.

It is not as if Mr. Dodge did not have a fair chance or honest opportunity. He did!

That is an opinion that you and I do not share. The FACT is that he was not prepared for the task at hand and was not given the resources to get the job done expeditiously. Having said that I am impressed with where he has this team and feel like it is too early to "pull the trigger".

I personally do not feel TD has had adequate time to develop his program. I acknowledge that it has been three years. Does anyone remember the crap that went on during the first year? That year was pretty much a throwout in my book. The team overcame that, then had players bail out, continuing the turmoil. You just can't turn a tanker on a dime. In some respects, to an outsider like me, it appears that he has had only one year to get down to business and build this team. I would really hate to see the rug jerked out from under him when it feels like he is about to accomplish what we want. Honor the man's contract, give him another season to finish this rebuilding job, and I think we'll see results.

I'm not a TD apologist; in fact, he was not my first choice (you could look it up). When he was hired, I got behind him and I'm still there. We owe the man another season; if it doesn't work out, he will have had adequate opportunity IMO.

What I see is a team right on the verge of something very big.

We only graduate 1 guy playing on defense.

We have a freshman QB that makes plays.

Our offense comes back intact.

We get some scholarships back that we lost for academic reasons.

There is huge upside for this program.

Anyone care to remember what our team looked like right before we won 4 straight titles?

It looked a lot like this one.

Competetive, but somehow lost games they had a chance to win.

The kids still believe, they are still playing hard, and are just not finishing games right now.

Be patient one more year.

You will be glad you did.

My sentiments exactly. Personally, I don't think that TD has lost the team, even with all the gut wrenching defeats. However, only the players and their parents know for sure.

stats are nice but it is the final scores that count. nice guys must win too.

You are right....wins count, that is why we have a score board. I wasn't big on TD from the getgo...you know, dennis Parker and all. Keeping TD another year if he fails again will make this admin and RV look extremely BAD....if they fire him and hire someone else....well it would be hard to do worse. five years of terrible football at UNT is just toooooooo long folks. We just can't hang our hat on wishful thinking and hope, we have to look at the facts and stats and playing calling, etc. If RD stays...great, I like him and we can find a place for him ....QB?, don't know...but if he leaves there are plenty of QB's who will like to take a shot at fame in our New Stadium. there is good new talent every year and UNT will start getting it with our without TD...thanks in a large part to the new stadium.