I Feel For Td

NT91

In another thread it was mentioned that it seemed like TD was coaching this game like it was his last shot. Indecisiveness during the time out about the FG, refusing to go to Lance until it was to late etc makes it seem like tonight might have been a make or break game, that might also explain why he sounded so disturbed after the game.

In another thread it was mentioned that it seemed like TD was coaching this game like it was his last shot. Indecisiveness during the time out about the FG, refusing to go to Lance until it was to late etc makes it seem like tonight might have been a make or break game, that might also explain why he sounded so disturbed after the game.

would agree if not for the fact he had the waterworks going after FIU as well. He's like a little girl's doll with a pull string after games lately.

He'd have no problem finding another job that pays highly. Texas H.S. head coaches can make more than 100,000/year. With this SLC experience and record, He'd have to be on top. Don't feel too bad.

better hope he lands at another wealthy one-high school district that wins all the time... because other than that, he's a .500 high school coach. (Yoe, Smith, etc.)

I'm with you sir.

I think he can win in 2010, but he has yet to prove it. Much like we could have easily won 5 more games this year, I still think Dodge will be a great coach, but we are paying for his learning curve.

I think its funny all the piss and vinegar going on, after last week most crying tonight felt we would lose out. Now they act like it was the next last straw so who was shocked that we shot ourselves in the foot again?

Defense looked good most of the game, but offense truly failed us tonight.

I think we are in a damned if we do damned if we don't situation, I doubt we will be able to get a proven Head Coach. But we may get a great OC or DC and let the dice roll again.

Edited by KingDL1

I mean the players make the difference....but coaches always get the blame... I really wish he would succeed after the Ball State game, cause there were huge differences in offense, defense, and special teams, vast improvement on all sides of the ball.

But I dont know, the last three years have been the worst I have ever seen. I really do feel for Dodge. If he coems back next year, I hope he can turn it around, the players and coaches have done alot

I dont.

The guy makes ~$300k to fail miserably at his job, and may get to do so one more year. Wish my job would pay me my full salary to blow up multi million dollar equipment, install known bad parts, & sleep for 4 of the 8 hours I'm required to work, then tell me I will probably get one more year to do it all over again.

• Upvote 1

I say we give him one more year. Let next season make the decision for us.

Oh my lord... how many seasons should we give him to prove some sort of progress?? And I am not talking about just showing progess that we are moving a tad bit away from the hole he put us in. We aren't winning any more games... He is doing what we hired him for. He can't retain the players he brings in, he can't coach a complete game, he can't game manage, he doesn't teach his players how to stop making the same mistakes, he can't make correct calls. I have no doubt he can be a solid coach... but not head coach. Not now. we need someone who can really move this thing in the right direction.

I dont.

The guy makes ~$300k to fail miserably at his job, and may get to do so one more year. Wish my job would pay me my full salary to blow up multi million dollar equipment, install known bad parts, & sleep for 4 of the 8 hours I'm required to work, then tell me I will probably get one more year to do it all over again.

Then you need to be a CEO, because if you are hired to turn a large company around it takes time, things are usually a mess in a case where a turn around is needed. But a CEO that shows progress is given time. At this point sad analogies about small scope jobs are really sad. I am not happy and maybe Dodge needs to go but really silly half baked analogies that don't apply?

Dodge has improved that is for sure we have been in a postilion to win at least 8 of our 11 games this year, and sadly only won two. But that is a vast improvement over last year. So a CEO may be safe, unless he did not meet a specific time-line. I don't know if Dodge had a 3 year window or more.

Then you need to be a CEO, because if you are hired to turn a large company around it takes time, things are usually a mess in a case where a turn around is needed. But a CEO that shows progress is given time. At this point sad analogies about small scope jobs are really sad. I am not happy and maybe Dodge needs to go but really silly half baked analogies that don't apply?

Dodge has improved that is for sure we have been in a postilion to win at least 8 of our 11 games this year, and sadly only won two. But that is a vast improvement over last year. So a CEO may be safe, unless he did not meet a specific time-line. I don't know if Dodge had a 3 year window or more.

Not a silly half baked analogy,IMO. RV is the CEO, not Dodge. RV has a UNT Football machine that's in bad shape: inefficient, minimal uptime, poor producer. Instead of hiring from a saturated market of quality Service Engineers with experience on that system, he hires a guy straight out of "school". This new guy has to learn on the job, pull out manuals & schematics, and contact vendors for minor issues; issues an experienced Engineer could solve fairly quickly. Now, the company loses confidence in this machine because of it's poor performance and even considers reducing funding for repairs/upgrades/etc. Sound familiar??? It does to me, I see it all the time. You CANNOT substitute anything for experience. Period.

• Upvote 1

Not a silly half baked analogy,IMO. RV is the CEO, not Dodge. RV has a UNT Football machine that's in bad shape: inefficient, minimal uptime, poor producer. Instead of hiring from a saturated market of quality Service Engineers with experience on that system, he hires a guy straight out of "school". This new guy has to learn on the job, pull out manuals & schematics, and contact vendors for minor issues; issues an experienced Engineer could solve fairly quickly. Now, the company loses confidence in this machine because of it's poor performance and even considers reducing funding for repairs/upgrades/etc. Sound familiar??? It does to me, I see it all the time. You CANNOT substitute anything for experience. Period.

Dodge is head of a program that can take years to change and build sorry but silly, take it how you want. CEO of GM assigns a new head of Chevy same thing just semantics.

As far as the experienced side I agree it is hard to beat experience, but if you went with the kid out of school wouldn't you expect it might take him longer to get settled in, since he has to learn the ropes.

Hey I agree but this is a thing that is hard to get by the tail or we would all win. But not everyone can so there is competition for great coaches, talent, just to win games.

Hey I am not pro-dodge or con I think some day he will be a hell of a good head coach, he just got in over his head. I kind of think we will be separating company with him in a week, so we should not argue.

Yes, the team has made improvements. Yes, we have nearly won several games this season. Noone is disputing that. However, the problem is some of the rediculous coaching decisions that are inexplicable. Tonights 2 TO fiasco when you have a chance to thrust the dagger, and if you miss with the dagger, you will have another chance because you still have all three TO's. Calling a time out, and then taking a delay of game, which has happened multiple times. Or how about 3rd and long from your own two, running the shotgun option and ending up taking a safety. These are coaching f ups. I want Dodge to suceed, but Im not sure it will happen here. I think the notion that Dodge will suceed but we are paying for his learning curve may be right.

Dodge is head of a program that can take years to change and build sorry but silly, take it how you want. CEO of GM assigns a new head of Chevy same thing just semantics.

As far as the experienced side I agree it is hard to beat experience, but if you went with the kid out of school wouldn't you expect it might take him longer to get settled in, since he has to learn the ropes.

Hey I agree but this is a thing that is hard to get by the tail or we would all win. But not everyone can so there is competition for great coaches, talent, just to win games.

Hey I am not pro-dodge or con I think some day he will be a hell of a good head coach, he just got in over his head. I kind of think we will be separating company with him in a week, so we should not argue.

Not trying to argue, I just see it differently. He may very well develop into a good FBS coach. Unfortunately. he has learned on the job at NT's expense. That expense goes way beyond the subject of money, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Saturated with quality prospects who will work for entry level wages?

Saturated with quality prospects who will work for entry level wages?

Entry level? Hardly. Yes we are at the bottom of the pay scale, but we are an FBS school. When the entire Tech Sector has shipped jobs over seas and others are shutting down due to poor business cycles, the market becomes saturated with high quality potential employees. You can be shrewd in your salary offerings. Hmm, 120 FBS schools equals 120 head coaching jobs available. 1000+ candidates ready to step right in. Sound familiar, doesn't it?

• Upvote 1

Not trying to argue, I just see it differently. He may very well develop into a good FBS coach. Unfortunately. he has learned on the job at NT's expense. That expense goes way beyond the subject of money, IMO.

Well it may all be over next week and we can move to the next head coach, it will make for a better and more interesting off season.

Entry level? Hardly. Yes we are at the bottom of the pay scale, but we are an FBS school. When the entire Tech Sector has shipped jobs over seas and others are shutting down due to poor business cycles, the market becomes saturated with high quality potential employees. You can be shrewd in your salary offerings. Hmm, 120 FBS schools equals 120 head coaching jobs available. 1000+ candidates ready to step right in. Sound familiar, doesn't it?

These 1000 are equally qualified? I guess since there are 120 I-A quarterbacks so Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are just as replaceable as the next guy. With your logic, why would the upper tier firms pay ten times the wage when they can pull from the vast applicant pool someone who is equally qualified and less expensive?