Here- Have Fun With These Numbers!

DeepGreen

The "out" is in there - Article 5.06 Right to Reassign.

RV could reassign Dodge to any other duty, coaching or non-coaching. Dodge's refusal to accept the re-assignment trigger the Termination for Just Cause. Termination for Just Cause takes the school off the hook for the rest of his salary.

So, to those of you who say he can't be bought out...he doesn't have to be.

The contract also contains a clause that says our payments are "reduce or ceased" in case he is fired "Without Cause" if he find other "comparable employment." I'd have made this clause strong by just saying that our responsibility to continue to pay the salary after termination for just cause ends when Coach Dodge has found new employment in any field. The wording of the current contract is weak, with words like "mitigation." Forget "mitigation." Just write a contract that says if we fire you and you gt a new job, we stop paying you.

Do not misinterpret this post. I've posted elsewhere that I'm not advocating the firing of Dodge. I'm just point out that, pursuant to former discussions on the matter of his employment, he can be reassigned. And, if he refuses the reassignment, he can be fired without being owed another dime by the university.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

TFLF, this is what I saw in the contract. Be aware I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on the internet.

* RV can reassign TD to any other duties. He will still recieve his base salary.

* UNT can "Terminate For Cause" if Dodge has a "repeated failure to fulfill" any of his duties in the contract.

* One of his duties is "develop programs and procedures with respect to the evaluation, recruitment of student athletes that... foster successful competition"

So who gets to decide what successful competition is?

TFLF, this is what I saw in the contract. Be aware I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on the internet.

* RV can reassign TD to any other duties. He will still recieve his base salary.

* UNT can "Terminate For Cause" if Dodge has a "repeated failure to fulfill" any of his duties in the contract.

* One of his duties is "develop programs and procedures with respect to the evaluation, recruitment of student athletes that... foster successful competition"

So who gets to decide what successful competition is?

His boss(es). The athletic director and administration. That's real fuzzy language. Way too subjective.

Again, some of these clauses can be stronger. But, the flip side is that you have to get someone to sign it. No coach, except the brainy guy up at Colorado, guarantees they can win a certain number of games. And, given the nature of things, I doubt any would want to be held to a certain number on paper.

Why didn't RV go after Randy Shannon when he had the chance?!?! The guy coaches for free for god's sake

Amen, or how about Jim Harbaugh? Stanford's not looking too bad either, and he's overcoming the academic requirements out there. He's built an oustanding program and has a team with a physical swagger about them. They are fun to watch.

Amen, or how about Jim Harbaugh? Stanford's not looking too bad either, and he's overcoming the academic requirements out there. He's built an oustanding program and has a team with a physical swagger about them. They are fun to watch.

Harbaugh I think interviewed for the job or was supposed to before taking the Stanford job