I Have Just One Question

emmitt01

Sorry dude

I would take the 11 def players that were comming back VS anything that TD has recruited,

On off lets see we had 3 good receivers, one of the best running backs in school history, two off linemen that are still playing

So get off this BS about what he had to have some guys......

His guys are now Jr. and I see very little out of them......

If dumb and dumber knew how to coach you would have some good players but they ran them off.........

PHS, you know I respect you, and I'm not sure I really even disagree, but you do sort of have an axe to grind, and your opinion hardly biased.

...but its good to see you still here taking an interest. Hope all is well.

KRAM - two questions for you? After watching this team go 4-27 where do you draw the line? At what point have you seen enough to know that it is not working?

Is that really two questions? Oh, well...

First, I don't draw lines in the sand over things such as football games. They just aren't THAT important in the overall scheme of things. They did that at the Alamo and you see where it got them. It's like I like to ask coaches and parents who are screaming about some call I made or didn't make on the soccer field. I like to ask them that if it is THAT important to get that worked up over then surely you can recall the score of the third game you played two years ago....what was that? Haven't had one mad coach or parent be able to answer that question in over 25 years of refereeing. And, amazingly enough, I have had some come back the next week or two and tell me they thought about what I said and it made a lot of sense to them NOW!

I tend to think a lot of things ARE working with this team and program. But, you have to try to see the positives as well as the things you feel are a bit amiss...if all you look at is the W/L record, well, yes, you will more often than not be sorely disappointed in just about any team you follow in any sport. Now, that being said, I certainly think TD deserves another year (at least) to see what his "work in progress" can become. And, "no" I am not simply ignoring the W's and L's. I do not like losing any more than any one else on this board does. I tend to feel the "hole" was a lot deeper when TD got here than some folks think, and it takes time to dig out. Plus, I do think TD was a bit misguided in bringing so many of his HS coaches with him when he came to UNT. That, probably set the time line back a bit. But, that too is "water under the bridge" and changes have been made. Did I think we'd see more wins than we have this year so far...Yep! can UNT still put up some W's before the season ends...YEP!

And with that...see you at Fouts for the WIN over the Hilltoppers this Saturday! GO MEAN GREEN.

First, I don't draw lines in the sand over things such as football games. They just aren't THAT important in the overall scheme of things. They did that at the Alamo and you see where it got them. It's like I like to ask coaches and parents who are screaming about some call I made or didn't make on the soccer field. I like to ask them that if it is THAT important to get that worked up over then surely you can recall the score of the third game you played two years ago....what was that? Haven't had one mad coach or parent be able to answer that question in over 25 years of refereeing. And, amazingly enough, I have had some come back the next week or two and tell me they thought about what I said and it made a lot of sense to them NOW!

I tend to think a lot of things ARE working with this team and program. But, you have to try to see the positives as well as the things you feel are a bit amiss...if all you look at is the W/L record, well, yes, you will more often than not be sorely disappointed in just about any team you follow in any sport. Now, that being said, I certainly think TD deserves another year (at least) to see what his "work in progress" can become. And, "no" I am not simply ignoring the W's and L's. I do not like losing any more than any one else on this board does. I tend to feel the "hole" was a lot deeper when TD got here than some folks think, and it takes time to dig out. Plus, I do think TD was a bit misguided in bringing so many of his HS coaches with him when he came to UNT. That, probably set the time line back a bit. But, that too is "water under the bridge" and changes have been made. Did I think we'd see more wins than we have this year so far...Yep! can UNT still put up some W's before the season ends...YEP!

And with that...see you at Fouts for the WIN over the Hilltoppers this Saturday! GO MEAN GREEN.

So for you, you would be okay and argue that we should keep Dodge here if the following went like this:

2009 - 2-10

2010 - 3-9

2011 - 4-8

2012 - 4-8 but 6 out 8 losses are by one point.

2013 - 5-7

2014 - 6-6

Don't know...2014 is such a long time. Like I said...I guess you read it...lines in the sand are not my cup of tea. Ask me again as we get closer to 2014. My crystal ball looks a little brighter than yours by the way.

Edited by KRAM1

First, I don't draw lines in the sand over things such as football games. They just aren't THAT important in the overall scheme of things. They did that at the Alamo and you see where it got them.

Wow, so the history books are all wrong? The battle of the Alamo was really fought over a disagreement about a football game? This board is so enlightening and educating.