Improving Ain't Wins...

untcampbell

First to clarify, even those few of us who count themselves in the blindly optimistic camp...aren't happy.

I am not sure this says anything about improvement, when most measure improvment by wins and losses, but:

Top 10 (paycheck) games:

2007 OU #8 10-79, 2008 LSU #7 3-41, 2009 Alabama #4 7-53 (record: 7-0)

Mid-major games

2007 SMU 31-45, 2008 Rice 20-77, 2009 Ohio 30-31 (record: 5-2)

SBC games

MTSU: 2007 28-48 (-20), 2008 13-52 (-39), 2009 21-37 (-16) (record: 3-3)

ULL: 2007 29-38 (-9), 2008 30-59 (-29), 2009 34-38 (-4) (record: 4-2)

FAU: 2007 20-30 (-10), 2008 13-46 (-33), 2009 40-44 (-4) (record: 1-4)

Couple of things that come to mind: Last year was a freaking disaster, huh?

I underestimated FAU simply based on 0-4 when they came in here, but they came within 2 points of beating BCS Wyoming (how good would we feel about coming within 2 of anyone right now?). They also looked decent against S Carolina and lost by 2 to ULM, who is now 3-0 in conference and played respectably (?) against Texas and AZ State.

Again, no moral victories here, but progress? Looks like it.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to spreadsheet this so that it was easier to read the three-year numbers but,

GMG

No, this is progress.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....228b0d829.html

Look how far they came in a week.

And this also serves as a lesson for all those out there that think that throwing money at the coaching problem is the answer. How much does Sherman make at A&M?....2mil?

And for those who want to use Patterson as an example of paying a coach what he is worth (a little over a mil), Patterson did not start out being paid that amount.......he went about EARNING IT!

Being corrected by Tasty is the worst of all.

First he corrects, then taunts with that stupid MJ dancing queen pointing you down like Eric Dickerson turning around and pointing at our DB while backing his way through the last 15 yards of an 80 or so yard run vs NT at Texas Stadium, circa 1982.

Or the money I could've saved if I had switched to Geico.

Heh (in shrieking MJ voice),

GMG

Being corrected by Tasty is the worst of all.

First he corrects, then taunts with that stupid MJ dancing queen pointing you down like Eric Dickerson turning around and pointing at our DB while backing his way through the last 15 yards of an 80 or so yard run vs NT at Texas Stadium, circa 1982.

Or the money I could've saved if I had switched to Geico.

Heh (in shrieking MJ voice),

GMG

I actually do a football spike and a crotch grab whenever I finish typing a correction to someone else's mistakes.

It's definitely an excessive celebration.

I actually do a football spike and a crotch grab whenever I finish typing a correction to someone else's mistakes.

I like to run ten to twelve yards in a straight line.

Edited by Green P1