Espndallas.com

jdennis82

always looking for a reason to dislike the worldwide leader, i'm sort of hoping they choose to ignore NT on this site, but if they do choose to cover NT it may provide some additional local interest. i guess we'd have to make national headlines to be featured so a bowl birth or a conference hoops championship may be what finally proves their stance with our university.

UNT alum and former Mean Green beat writer Tim MacMahon will be covering the Cowboys and Mavericks for ESPNDallas.com. Congrats to Tim (who some crazy people on here believe was forced out of the DRC by RV several years ago, when in fact, he received a promotion to the DMN). With newspapers dying, ESPNDallas represents a huge opportunity and great career move for Tim. It will be great to see UNT represented on the World Wide Leader. Here is a link to Tim's first column. The more comments his columns generate the better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/columns/story?id=4505649

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

Another former UNT beat writer, Richard Durrett, is also on ESPNDallas. ESPN is basically cherry-picking all the best sportswriters from newspapers all over the country. If you look at the ESPNDallas staff writers, almost all of them used to work at The Dallas Morning News. This could be the final nail in the coffin of the DMN as the sports section is one of the most profitable sections of the paper.

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

This could be the death nail of the DMN as the sports section is one of the most profitable sections of the paper.

Perhaps. But, it is more likely that it will be the death knell instead.

And, I'd like to thank everyone who made this moment possible:

-Mrs. Strawn, my 7th grade English teacher, who encouraged me to memorize the poetry of dead, English writers.

-Mrs. Whipple, my 11th grade English teacher, who made me stay after class when I hadn't done my homework.

-Miss Lynch, my 12th grade English teacher, who taught me to have passion about literature.

-Professor and author Jack Welch, my freshman composition instructor, who taught me the importance of form and grammar.

-Professor Eugene Wright, my Shakepeare professor, who taught me the importance of Middle English in the scheme of the development of the English we now speak in America.

-The University of North Texas for bestowing a Literature degree upon me.

-And, Lorri Brokaw, who on our first date told me not to end my sentences with prepositions because it was unbecoming for such a handsome lad. She and Miss Lynch were the first to show me that good literature and good legs were not mutually exclusive. Meow.

All of these and more have made it possible for me to bring to you this rare and fastidious piece of grammar smack.

Another former UNT beat writer, Richard Durrett, is also on ESPNDallas. ESPN is basically cherry-picking all the best sportswriters from newspapers all over the country. If you look at the ESPNDallas staff writers, almost all of them used to work at The Dallas Morning News. This could be the death nail of the DMN as the sports section is one of the most profitable sections of the paper.

No one from the FWST?

-Mrs. Strawn, my 7th grade English teacher, who encouraged me to memorize the poetry of dead, English writers.

-Mrs. Whipple, my 11th grade English teacher, who made me stay after class when I hadn't done my homework.

-Miss Lynch, my 12th grade English teacher, who taught me to have passion about literature.

-Professor and author Jack Welch, my freshman composition instructor, who taught me the importance of form and grammar.

-Professor Eugene Wright, my Shakepeare professor, who taught me the importance of Middle English in the scheme of the development of the English we now speak in America.

-And, Lorri Brokaw, who on our first date told me not to end my sentences with prepositions because it was unbecoming for such a handsome lad. She and Miss Lynch were the first to show me that good literature and good legs were not mutually exclusive. Meow.

All of these and more have made it possible for me to bring to you this rare and fastidious piece of grammar smack.

Let's not be too proud of ourselves. It was not an improper use of grammar, just a confused idiom.

Edited by forevereagle

You win NTMESCAN.com's prestigious Post O' Da' Week!!

Congrats!

Tell 'im what 'ees won Johnny!!

Johnny?

What's that?

Ioannis?

That his name?

Oh.

Well can he tell him what he's won?