I think the Greek festival at Hillcrest and 635 is next weekend. If you want great food, olive skinned women, and sexy fun times galore... Wait a week.

But for anyone who wants ground up animal intestines, stout women with moustaches, men in leggings and feathered caps, and a lingering legacy of genocide... Party on. This is your weekend! :P

I kid, I kid. A person can certainly enjoy both.

But ask yourselves- If German cuisine is delicious and nourishing... Why did 300,000 Greeks starve to death during the occupation during World War 2?

As a part-Lebanese member of the Mean Green Nation, I will support, reinforce, and endorse this proclamation. Dolmas, Baklava, Tabbouleh. yes.

One of the things I've always found interesting is that many (if not most) Greek restaurants are actually owned and operated by Lebanese people, and many (and I believe most) pizza parlor-style Italian restaurants are owned and operated by Albanians.

It's like these two nationalities of expatriates both had big meetings, debated whether or not they could effectively convince Americans that their own national cuisine was delicious and non-threatening, and ultimately decided to just pick a nearby neighbor country and open up restaurants in their names, instead.

It's sad, really, because Lebanese food (obviously?) has a more middle eastern style to it, and the unique dishes and subtle differences in overlapping dishes are both delightful. But every Lebanese restaurant I've seen launched near my residences of the past few years has gone out of business within a year. And the Greek restaurants I know owned by Lebanese families all do booming business.

I actually saw a yard sign (like the election campaign/political ones) advertising the Lebanse Festival in Lewisville the first week in October. So that one's coming up soon, too. Having been there before a few times, I highly recommend it.

Greek people are very nice and humble.

You're exactly half right.

There's no such thing as a humble Greek man. Many of us are occasionally self-effacing and frequently self-deprecating. But NONE are humble. It's not in our blood, and it's certainly not how males in the culture are raised to think.

We are, however, some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

Lebanese cuisine has always been fascinating to me. It really doesn't have an identity of its own, rather it takes a little bit from each of its neighboring countries (ie, those that have ruled it).

My cousins make some ridiculously good raw Kibbeh, which is a very Lebanese dish and some of my favorite Lebanese fare.

Hadn't noticed the Lebanese-owned Green restaurant trend, but it doesn't surprise me. Much of my family came over in the late 1800's and went straight to work in MS opening up restaurants and a general store serving up all kinds of Mediterranean dishes.

Didn't know about the Lebanese Festival in Lewisville. Good info.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Addison's Oktoberfest is going on this weekend at Addison Circle Park. Come on out and enjoy steins full of Spaten, schnitzel, and sauerkraut!

If I have to be there all weekend, so should you. Or something...

More information available here!

I'll be there. Also you can get a hotel at a place like Springhill Suites (Mariott chain) for $77. With te hotel room, you get 2 tickets to the festival and a coupon for a free beer stein. And if you use that beer stien at the festival, they charge you half price for beer. A very good deal! And the hotel is about 200 yards from the festival, so you can crawl home , if needed.

Swinging by the Pourhouse forthe game on my way to Addison.