The Mean Green Of The Future

KRAM1

First, I have been to a lot of so called great football stadiums and I can honestly state that the stadium I watch a game is a minor consideration in my enjoyment of the game. Now where I set in the stadium may be, paying premium prices to be in the OU or UT end zone in seats that wouldn't accommodate the average pygmy does have a negative effect. NT is not going to be playing in a big six conference any time soon, and most that think NT's program is a joke will not change their opinions. Because those opinions are derived from a type of herd mentality that believes winning and hype are superior to loyalty or allegiance to their University.

Let me tell you what has a negative effect.

Tuesday night towards the end of practice at Fouts, around 9:30 p.m., my 5 year old F4 tells me she's gotta go #2, and there's not a single restroom open anywhere in the stadium that I could find, and I checked every damn restroom door there was. Luckily, I've worked inside Fouts in the past and knew by chance where I could get into the visitors' locker room. Holy....Freakin...$hithole, BATMAN! Has anyone here on this board been under the Eastside stands in the visitors locker room lately? From the bottom of my heart, I'm so embarrassed to think we put any visiting team and their coaches in that place? What they all must think of and say about North Texas???? And to think, of all the teams,OF...ALL...THE...TEAMS...TO...DO...THIS...TO... we put our future hero's of this great nation, the players from the Naval Academy there, and will do the same this year when Army comes to visit? I..I...(sigh)...I'm telling you, it makes me sick. How we have ever gotten any named team(Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, Oregon St, Navy, Army) to agree to come and play us there is simply amazing, especially getting them to return, is even more amazing.

Rick

Tuesday night towards the end of practice at Fouts, around 9:30 p.m., my 5 year old F4 tells me she's gotta go #2, and there's not a single restroom open anywhere in the stadium that I could find, and I checked every damn restroom door there was. Luckily, I've worked inside Fouts in the past and knew by chance where I could get into the visitors' locker room. Holy....Freakin...$hithole, BATMAN! Has anyone here on this board been under the Eastside stands in the visitors locker room lately? From the bottom of my heart, I'm so embarrassed to think we put any visiting team and their coaches in that place? What they all must think of and say about North Texas???? And to think, of all the teams,OF...ALL...THE...TEAMS...TO...DO...THIS...TO... we put our future hero's of this great nation, the players from the Naval Academy there, and will do the same this year when Army comes to visit? I..I...(sigh)...I'm telling you, it makes me sick. How we have ever gotten any named team(Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, Oregon St, Navy, Army) to agree to come and play us there is simply amazing, especially getting them to return, is even more amazing.

Rick

Hey, Rick...how about we do something about that? Could the folks here on GMG.com get together and try to fix it up at least a little...maybe paint the thing? New carpet....I don not know what we could do as I have never been in the thing, but from your description it sure sounds like it could use a bit of "fixin' up". I hear a bunch of complaining on here, but I know that GMG.com folks are real fans...maybe we can come together and help pitch in to fix the place up a bit...especially for Army and the like. Could turn it into a Saturday work day and have a sort of tailgate while we are doing it. Think it's possible? I'd volunteer to help if we find a day that works...maybe even a Sunday afternoon when all the Saturday events are "over" for the guys with families, etc. And the ladies, of course...they are usually much better at this decorating thing...just saying...as I know I have little to no creativity when it comes to this stuff.

Is this even remotely possible????

GO MEAN GREEN!

Rick

I'm picturing the place to resemble the room of the guy on the move "Seven" - sloth, with all of the hanging air fresheners. I would just advise them to NOT look in the box in the corner. :scared::nuke:

Kram, from what Rick told me over the phone about this incident, we would need some volunteer plumbers to go along with the "scrape and paint brigade". Again, after Rick described this place to me, I honestly don't know why the health department hasn't shut that part of the stadium down.

I'm wondering if this volunteer project might run into liability issues with the Athletic Department.

Otherwise, it sounds like a great idea.

Kram, from what Rick told me over the phone about this incident, we would need some volunteer plumbers to go along with the "scrape and paint brigade". Again, after Rick described this place to me, I honestly don't know why the health department hasn't shut that part of the stadium down.

I'm wondering if this volunteer project might run into liability issues with the Athletic Department.

Otherwise, it sounds like a great idea.

Silver Eagle...you have a point...I think we would definitely need Athletic Dept. OK...as for what we did, we could perhaps find volunteers in the community with skills needed to do some of the work. Would take some effort on several folks part and an Athletic Dept. OK, but could perhaps work. BUT, the key is getting folks to volunteer which I am finding these days is not an easy thing.

No sir, we must win first and foremost. WIN, WIN, WIN, and keep WINNING. WINNING get's people excited and on board. We must WIN (at least 1). :)

nope. winning 25 straight sbc games did not have us average 20,000 in those champion years. only when we had local or name opponents that fans wanted to see did we average over 20,ooo in those games even in losing years.