Conference Wins

Guest GrayEagleOne

Guest GrayEagleOne

Who do you see North Texas beating this year? I think that they are capable of a win against five of the eight conference opponents so with the new attitude I'll go out on a limb and say that we win all five of those. They are:

Middle Tennessee - I think that they'll really miss Craddock and we catch them at home

Florida Atlantic - Yep. They lost a lot from last year and Smith and Gent were only a little above average

Western Kentucky - It'll take a couple of years for them to get up to speed in the conference

Louisiana - Except for offensive line, inexperience everywhere

ULM - Have Jackson, Morgan, Thomas and McCall coming back but not much else

Who do you see North Texas beating this year? I think that they are capable of a win against five of the eight conference opponents so with the new attitude I'll go out on a limb and say that we win all five of those. They are:

Middle Tennessee - I think that they'll really miss Craddock and we catch them at home

Florida Atlantic - Yep. They lost a lot from last year and Smith and Gent were only a little above average

Western Kentucky - It'll take a couple of years for them to get up to speed in the conference

muts fans will be placed on suicide watch if they lose to the Mean Green. :unsure:

If we beat MTSU, it's going to be a very good year.

I think we can beat FAU, UL-pickem, WKU....so, that's 4. Throw in Army and a 5 win season sounds about right...if I'm being optimistic.

Next year is the year to look forward to. This year, we need to show signs of significant progress and hopefully build some momentum for 2010.

Edited by TIgreen01

Should win:

1. Western Kentucky

2. ULM

3. UL-L

Winnable:

4. Arky State

5. FIU

6. FAU

Possible, but very unlikely:

7. MUTS

Ain't gonna happen:

8. Troy

Guest GrayEagleOne

If we beat MTSU, it's going to be a very good year.

I think we can beat FAU, UL-pickem, WKU....so, that's 4. Throw in Army and a 5 win season sounds about right...if I'm being optimistic.

Next year is the year to look forward to. This year, we need to show signs of significant progress and hopefully build some momentum for 2010.

MTSU has a very good corps of receivers but who's going to get the ball to them? Joe Craddock was 3/4 of their offense and he's gone. His backup had a poor completion rate in limited snaps. They have a pretty good running back but we have three that are better. All three of our backs averaged nearly two yards better than Tanner so that doesn't speak that highly of their offensive line. They have one very good DB. They have one good linebacker returning; we have two. The rest of their defense is good but not spectacular. We have to be much improved on defense but I think that we will. Much depends on our defensive line but this game is very winnable.

I consider wins over any conference opponents within the realm of possibility, but I have to say that we don't seem to match up well with MTSU at all. I think the closest we've come in the last three years is 20 points. Even though ASU may be one of the two most talented teams in the Sun Belt, that game seems more winnable simply because we've played them very close the last two years.