Kick-off Cookout

KRAM1

I agree with the comment about the low turnout. Maybe the weather had something to do with it or the time of the event, but those who did miss the event missed a good time. I really do feel a bit for the folks who work so hard to put these events on...I can imagine what RV and Coach Dodge thought when they looked out over the 25-30 folks lined up in front of the stage to hear them speak. Yes, there were plenty of other folks under the tent staying cool or in the locker room area picking up their season tickets, parking passes and Mean Green Club gifts, but come on folks...UNT fans complain all the time about wanting to be "big time" and then they turn out in 10's to the season kick-off event. That's just too bad...I had a great time and talked to lots of positive people and met some new Mean Green fans...got to meet and talk to the current treasurer of the UNT Parents Association...his family even bought four TANK ARMY T-shirts that I was peddling from my car like some "drug salesman" since the dept. wouldn't allow us to sell at the event...BTW...thanks to those GMG.com folks who purchased T-Shirts either through pre-order or from seeing the shirt on me at the event...and yes, to those also who had their arm twisted to buy a shirt or two from yours truly.

Folks, if you want to be BIG TIME, you better start acting like it years before you ever make it there...the MEAN GREEN fan base sure didn't act like it today by the small turnout.

Good chat from RV and Coach Dodge...when I spoke briefly to Coach Dodge after he had spoken and in the cool of the locker room he made a comment that I found very positive...he said it was "credibility time"...I think that says a great deal about where he thinks this team and this program is headed. The player who attended were positive and looked ready to do some hitting. It was also great to be eating a Syracuse Brat in the area that will be the end zone of the new stadium...good brat, of course, but even better knowing where I was sitting...had lunch with Greenjoe and his always lovely wife and EagleMBA and his lovely wife...you guys are lucky fellas for sure.

Anyway...those that made it out had a great time, if you couldn't make it this year make plans to attend next year...it is a fun couple of hours.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I agree with the comment about the low turnout. Maybe the weather had something to do with it or the time of the event, but those who did miss the event missed a good time. I really do feel a bit for the folks who work so hard to put these events on...I can imagine what RV and Coach Dodge thought when they looked out over the 25-30 folks lined up in front of the stage to hear them speak. Yes, there were plenty of other folks under the tent staying cool or in the locker room area picking up their season tickets, parking passes and Mean Green Club gifts, but come on folks...UNT fans complain all the time about wanting to be "big time" and then they turn out in 10's to the season kick-off event. That's just too bad...I had a great time and talked to lots of positive people and met some new Mean Green fans...got to meet and talk to the current treasurer of the UNT Parents Association...his family even bought four TANK ARMY T-shirts that I was peddling from my car like some "drug salesman" since the dept. wouldn't allow us to sell at the event...BTW...thanks to those GMG.com folks who purchased T-Shirts either through pre-order or from seeing the shirt on me at the event...and yes, to those also who had their arm twisted to buy a shirt or two from yours truly.

Folks, if you want to be BIG TIME, you better start acting like it years before you ever make it there...the MEAN GREEN fan base sure didn't act like it today by the small turnout.

Good chat from RV and Coach Dodge...when I spoke briefly to Coach Dodge after he had spoken and in the cool of the locker room he made a comment that I found very positive...he said it was "credibility time"...I think that says a great deal about where he thinks this team and this program is headed. The player who attended were positive and looked ready to do some hitting. It was also great to be eating a Syracuse Brat in the area that will be the end zone of the new stadium...good brat, of course, but even better knowing where I was sitting...had lunch with Greenjoe and his always lovely wife and EagleMBA and his lovely wife...you guys are lucky fellas for sure.

Anyway...those that made it out had a great time, if you couldn't make it this year make plans to attend next year...it is a fun couple of hours.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Win and they will come. It is hard to get into the game with the product we are putting out there. Being big time goes both ways.

I heard over 200 runners signed up originally. Hank said they were pleased with the 5K turnout, especially with the rain and run in Corinth at the same time, but next year they expect to have over 1000 runners. I didn't think the crowd was too small considering the morning downpour weather coming from Dallas and the lack of wins the past 4 years. I was near the large tent when the speeches started and I'd say probably 300 people were outside, more inside. There was no model but some drawings of the suites and upper stadium event areas were shown in the locker room, and later RV took people up to the board room to see the lastest stadium color renderings...to be published on MeanGreenSports tomorrow.

Were there any new stadium renderings released, like the ones described in the podcast?

Yes.......

"Part two, which will show all of the latest renderings from the architects, will run Sunday on MeanGreenSports.com."

RV showed these latest renderings (full color from different angles) to about 35 fans up in the board room at the AC toward the end of the cookout and answered many questions. They really show what a fine facility it will be.

With the event being held in the grassy area/field just north of the atletic complex, there was more area therefore the density of people looked less than in past on the veranda. By adding the 5K run, several jump houses/dunking booth and the band, it was obvious more planning and the desire for a larger event was intended. Now that the stadium is a reality vs. dream, momentum will certainly build. All we need now are 4-5 wins to feel that the UNT FB train is back on track! Rick and his staff are forging ahead with expectations of success. Currently, there are plenty of available seats on the aforementioned train so jump on and enjoy the ride!!

With the event being held in the grassy area/field just north of the atletic complex, there was more area therefore the density of people looked less than in past on the veranda. By adding the 5K run, several jump houses/dunking booth and the band, it was obvious more planning and the desire for a larger event was intended. Now that the stadium is a reality vs. dream, momentum will certainly build. All we need now are 4-5 wins to feel that the UNT FB train is back on track! Rick and his staff are forging ahead with expectations of success. Currently, there are plenty of available seats on the aforementioned train so jump on and enjoy the ride!!

Good to hear we're getting a smarter crowd!