Tyler Stradford

gangrene

Fall practice starts in just a few weeks and, unless I missed it, we're still awaiting a decision from the NCAA regarding Stradford's eligibility for this season. A couple of college football magazines have already penciled him in as a starter and he had a few big plays in the spring game. My question is this - Does the NCAA have a deadline for rendering decisions on hardship waivers? I'd certainly like to know his eligibility before practices begin (I know Tyler and the coaching staff must be even more anxious).

Obviously, his eligibility status will have a huge impact on how much time he gets to work with the first team in practices...or at least it should.

Fall practice starts in just a few weeks and, unless I missed it, we're still awaiting a decision from the NCAA regarding Stradford's eligibility for this season. A couple of college football magazines have already penciled him in as a starter and he had a few big plays in the spring game. My question is this - Does the NCAA have a deadline for rendering decisions on hardship waivers? I'd certainly like to know his eligibility before practices begin (I know Tyler and the coaching staff must be even more anxious).

Obviously, his eligibility status will have a huge impact on how much time he gets to work with the first team in practices...or at least it should.

RV and Dodge both said at the mixer last Thursday that we should know within two weeks of then. Dodge said OU coach Stoops was helping promote the transfer with the NCAA so he wouldn't have to sit a year.

RV and Dodge both said at the mixer last Thursday that we should know within two weeks of then. Dodge said OU coach Stoops was helping promote the transfer with the NCAA so he wouldn't have to sit a year.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a lot of things were discussed at the mixer. I guess I'll just have to leave the office early and get my butt up there next time. I really hope the NCAA approves his waiver request.

I would hope that having Stoops on his/our side would really help things. I don't understand how it takes so long to get a ruling on something like this. Having him available would be a huge addition to our receiving corps next season. He would be someone who could help us to stretch the field. Something this team desperately needs.

I would hope that having Stoops on his/our side would really help things. I don't understand how it takes so long to get a ruling on something like this. Having him available would be a huge addition to our receiving corps next season. He would be someone who could help us to stretch the field. Something this team desperately needs.

It is taking this long cause the don't care about us... The request is sitting on some person's desk collecting dust, and they'll get to it when they start to clean their desk off in anticipation of the new football season starting and they accidentally find it underneath their bribes from usc...

It is taking this long cause the don't care about us... The request is sitting on some person's desk collecting dust, and they'll get to it when they start to clean their desk off in anticipation of the new football season starting and they accidentally find it underneath their bribes from usc...

Well, after reading through a bit of legalese on the official NCAA site, it does appear that they operate in much the same manner as our government does.

We need this guy bad to have a deep ball threat. Stoops assisting is a class act. Dodge would have not assisted Stoops, I guarantee you (if he was in the position to do so) just ask the SLC boys who have left the program.

There is a considerable difference between someone leaving Oklahoma...and going to a school like NT...than someone leaving NT and going down the street to SMU.....but then those posters who are looking for any reason to run down Coach Dodge will do so....every post on this thread was positive until this one.

There is a considerable difference between someone leaving Oklahoma...and going to a school like NT...than someone leaving NT and going down the street to SMU.....but then those posters who are looking for any reason to run down Coach Dodge will do so....every post on this thread was positive until this one.

Everyone who sat down to talk to John Gacy (those that lived) until the police has glowing things to say about him too.