Legalize Marijuana ?

As I have said before, alcohol should be illegal. The only reason it isn't is because we need to justify to ourselves that it is ok to use this drug. Well, that and alcohol's long history in our society. Ditto for Tobacco. Diet Coke and Bacon? I'll assume you were just trying to make a point.

Ya, I've never seen a teen pot user progress to speed, cocaine, or Herion. That just doesn't happen, right? These things have absolutely no connection? Google gateway drugs.

I believe in societal standards. When these standards begin to slip. it is a slow slide into anarchy.

Diet coke contains saccharin, a known carcinogen. Heart disease is the number one killer in America...take away bacon and perhaps it slides back to number 2 and Canada takes its rightful place as the fattest nation in the world.

I've also seen plenty of cases of a kid using speed, cocaine or herion who has never smoked marijuana. I would also bet that every kid who has used speed, cocaine or herion has also drank milk.

As to your standards...I can't speak to those...they're yours. But when marijuana is legalized it isn't as if some rasta is going to pin you down and make you toke until you see colors you never knew existed. The same people who are smoking marijuana now will continue to smoke marijuana...their standards haven't changed one iota.

You're making huge hyperbole your argument...you're better than that.

Diet coke contains saccharin, a known carcinogen. Heart disease is the number one killer in America...take away bacon and perhaps it slides back to number 2 and Canada takes its rightful place as the fattest nation in the world.

I've also seen plenty of cases of a kid using speed, cocaine or herion who has never smoked marijuana. I would also bet that every kid who has used speed, cocaine or herion has also drank milk.

As to your standards...I can't speak to those...they're yours. But when marijuana is legalized it isn't as if some rasta is going to pin you down and make you toke until you see colors you never knew existed. The same people who are smoking marijuana now will continue to smoke marijuana...their standards haven't changed one iota.

You're making huge hyperbole your argument...you're better than that.

We will never agree on this. When you compromise one standard, it is so much easier to take the next step, then the next, and the next.

Heart Disease has a whole lot more to do with genetics (in people who regularly exerise) than it does diet. But that's a whole other subject.

Yes, I do know the history on prohibition. That's why it was a minor point and had a wink on the end.

Edited by UNT90

I say legalize all of it, then regulate drugs like alcohol. Tax the hell out of it.

Keeping Drugs illegal is a joke of an argument, because I have never met anyone who had a problem getting their drugs no matter what it was. Controlling it makes way more sense, and taking the profit out of the criminals hands should reduce violent crime. How many people get killed a year fighting (both sides) a drug war we have been sliding back wards on for years. Plus drug deals gone bad. The government can shift the money they spend on fighting to regulation and rehabilitation, and the taxes can help pay for it.

How much tax money goes into fighting drugs, paying countries off to help stop production and so on. We are not winning, not even close, more people do drugs now then 25 years ago thanks mostly to Mad Mothers. Teenagers over time have swapped alcohol for drugs, alcohol has been made so hard to get with no real profit. I personally would rather my kids drink then do drugs.

And to your question...me. Fairly regularly...(2-5 times per month on average).

Didn't see this earlier. This should recuse you from the discussion. Of course you want it legalized, you have a huge self-interest.

Much like the armed robber wants robbery to be legal. :D

Didn't see this earlier. This should recuse you from the discussion. Of course you want it legalized, you have a huge self-interest.

Why...it might make it harder to get...and probably more expensive.

Yes make it legal and yes tax it like cigs....

It is harmless and when is the last time you saw on the news an accident involving mary jane? Yes it does happen and yes it should not be abused but let's face it. There are a million problems with Alcohol. If you want to ban a substance ban that....it is much worse for you.

Oh yes mary can be produced in a non smoking form....

. There are a million problems with Alcohol. If you want to ban a substance ban that....it is much worse for you.

OK, come on...we must stop this crazy talk about banning alcohol. You take away my beer and I'm really going to hacked. What's a tailgate event without beer, what's a ballgame without beer, what's a good meal without beer and on and on and on. Beer is a health food that all should embrace. I do believe God was going to write an 11th commandment that was to go something like "Thou Shalt Have Beer" until Mrs. God got mad and took away the remote and his last 6-pack!

This talk about the possibility of banning alcohol makes me thirsty...I need a nice pilsner or Heffe right NOW!

I've never heard a decent argument for keeping it illegal.

What's a decent argument for legalizing it...besides taxing it?

although a corporation in the business of producing weed would be an automatic contender for naming rights to our new stadium...a match made in heaven.

Edited by Green Crazy

I like a couple on the board used to smoke a goodly amount of Marijuana, especially during my time at Bruce Hall and living on Hickory Street...

Plae-Lo-Dee and Kid Flossy Fresh, indeed. Tenacious D would never approve of your heathen ways.

If we are outlawing based on potential volatility, I think the first thing I'd nix is the famed smirnoff ice/carlo rossi/jack daniels drinking progression.

What's a decent argument for legalizing it...besides taxing it?

although a corporation in the business of producing weed would be an automatic contender for naming rights to our new stadium...a match made in heaven.

I think the crime thing is the biggest non-stoner concern.

• Downvote 1

Certainly a typical weed smoker does not need to be in jail for just smokin' weed or having a little around. Basically any of the laws that apply to drinking should apply to smoking weed. I don't buy the gateway drug argument. If that were true then probably tobacco or alcohol is gateway drug with the most impact.

Plae-Lo-Dee and Kid Flossy Fresh, indeed. Tenacious D would never approve of your heathen ways.

If we are outlawing based on potential volatility, I think the first thing I'd nix is the famed smirnoff ice/carlo rossi/jack daniels drinking progression.

The D had been consulted Based on Tenacious Three International Guidelines.... the suggestion was movement to Hickory Street.

Plae-Lo-Dee and Kid Flossy Fresh:

Recycling representatives extraordinaire!

By the way, your drinking progression deserves applause and a small amount of concern.. you start of poor but finish strong... we here at the Three approve of your style, but perhaps we should fine tune the delivery....

Edited by hickoryhouse

Or you could recuse yourself for having no idea what marijuana actually is/does. From reading your posts I can tell you haven't a clue. All you've shown yourself to know is that it's classified as a drug, meaning it has to be as dangerous as heroin.

Or you could recuse yourself for having no idea what marijuana actually is/does. From reading your posts I can tell you haven't a clue. All you've shown yourself to know is that it's classified as a drug, meaning it has to be as dangerous as heroin.

That's right--all non-stoners are recused from commenting in this thread! B)

Haha. Silly Rabbit, it wouldn't be robbery if it was legal. They want to get away with it.

2 demerits for you.

I promise you, I have a much better understanding of what marihuana is/does than most on this board. Apparently some can't tell when someone is using sarcasm to make a point.