10 Reasons To Oppose Stimulus Package

I have it on good authority that groundbreaking for the new White House will begin this summer and be open for the first campaign speech of 2011. It's just plain embarrassing to have a house that's 200 years old when our allies are working out of such new, shiny digs.

I didn't even think about that. Look what they are doing in freakin' Sudan:

presidentialpalacesudan.jpg

I just hope we don't get left in the dust after the Third World War when the world's powers have to realign.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a source close to Obama that says he's considering naming Malia Ann Obama as the new Secretary of the Treasury. I think this would be disasterous...considering her size and age and lack of experience. Sure...she'd be a good fit in Agriculture...but Treasury? In this time of economic crisis? Scetchy move.

I have every faith that Obama will make the best decision possible - even if his own daughter is involved. She has been showing great aptitude and has already led her class to a few wins - including the school stock market challenge championship where her team made the most money. Remember, she is dominant where she is right now and is one of the most decorated students to come out of Sidwell Friends Academy. We were all excited to find out about her before the inauguration; why turn on her now just because of misgivings about her father?

I have every faith that Obama will make the best decision possible - even if his own daughter is involved. She has been showing great aptitude and has already led her class to a few wins - including the school stock market challenge championship where her team made the most money. Remember, she is dominant where she is right now and is one of the most decorated students to come out of Sidwell Friends Academy. We were all excited to find out about her before the inauguration; why turn on her now just because of misgivings about her father?

I'm still excited to have Malia on board with this thing...but the pundits had here projected in Agriculture despite her successes at Sidwell in the financial realm for a reason. It just stinks of nepitism...I mean here was Geither...sure he had his misgivings but he showed promise and he left the program because he didn't think he would the chance to fairly compete for his job. Throw in names like Daschell and Killefer and it just seems like what was a once highly thought of incoming class is now jumping ship. That tells me that there is something wrong with the program...and I'm not pro-individual...I'm pro-USA...and if Obama isn't the right man to run MY country...I think its time we found someone who is.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

I'm still excited to have Malia on board with this thing...but the pundits had here projected in Agriculture despite her successes at Sidwell in the financial realm for a reason. It just stinks of nepitism...I mean here was Geither...sure he had his misgivings but he showed promise and he left the program because he didn't think he would the chance to fairly compete for his job. Throw in names like Daschell and Killefer and it just seems like what was a once highly thought of incoming class is now jumping ship. That tells me that there is something wrong with the program...and I'm not pro-individual...I'm pro-USA...and if Obama isn't the right man to run MY country...I think its time we found someone who is.

Look - what's done is done. Obama apologized for what happened early on with that class and it became obvious that, despite their initial excitement about the new administration, they were still used to how things worked before him. His aggressive meeting schedule and demanding structure of accountability probably chased them off, because, let's face it, they are there first to develop as politicians and that is what Obama, unlike Bush, is trying to prepare them for. If we have to lose a few guys early, it will be that much better in the end when we have a White house full of guys all pulling in the same direction towards one common goal.

Look - what's done is done. Obama apologized for what happened early on with that class and it became obvious that, despite their initial excitement about the new administration, they were still used to how things worked before him. His aggressive meeting schedule and demanding structure of accountability probably chased them off, because, let's face it, they are there first to develop as politicians and that is what Obama, unlike Bush, is trying to prepare them for. If we have to lose a few guys early, it will be that much better in the end when we have a White house full of guys all pulling in the same direction towards one common goal.

Boy...that's really throwing these guys under the bus, don't you think? These guys are just politicians...and there is an inherent risk with every 40-60 year old white male (man, do I remember those days)...but its expected and something you work through as a president...I mean if 42 others before him can do it so can Obama. We were excited about these guys when they were appointed, yet we can so quickly discount them and question their "accountability" when they leave the administration when they feel it isn't moving in the direction they were promised when they accepted their nominations?

If you want to talk about "accountability", where is Obama's in all of this? I just don't get how he continues to get a free pass for allowing so many politicians to leave, for pencilling in his own children for important positions they may not be ready for and continuing to rely on the arrogant notion of "Hope" as the answer and savior from all of our problems.

I just can't get behind Obama until I see some results with his new-fangled initiatives and programs. Sure, there is evidence of them working elsewhere in the world...but we're USA and it's unfair to compare us to other countries. Say what you want about Bush's traditionalist approach to running the country, but he kept us safe while providing us with a few, good lasting memories.

His legacy may be tarnished by basically taking off the last two years of his administration...but it was Obama's choice to decide not to use what Bush left in his Cabinent and try and restock on his own...it certainly wasn't bare when he took over. Results are the only thing that can now legitimize an Obama administration...I can't just rely on "Hope"

It amazes me that after all this time, people still don't get you.

If you want to talk about "accountability", where is Obama's in all of this? I just don't get how he continues to get a free pass for allowing so many politicians to leave, for pencilling in his own children for important positions they may not be ready for and continuing to rely on the arrogant notion of "Hope" as the answer and savior from all of our problems.

At the end of the day, we know Obama knows his feet are to the fire here. This is his program and he gave up a ton of opportunities to do this. He could just as easily go back and take a nice Senate seat and continue his previous success, but he is here for a reason. Obama has already apologized to some mistakes and no one is working harder to fix the rest of these items than he is. Just give the man some time - he needs your support!

Gee, Quoner...where is that sentiment from some of the folks here when they spew "negativity" all over Dodge. Let me see, seems to me he has admitted to some early mis-steps, is working his tail off (along with his coaches) to "fix" some early problems/mistakes made, he knows his feet are "to the fire", and needs our support...what about giving him some time?

No, Obama has not had two "seasons" yet, but it could be said of Obama that he has had time in the Senate already to show something too...which he has not. Hmmmmmmmmm...throw Dodge under the bus with this logic, but give Obama support. Just seems sort of ironic to me...not pointing fingers at you Quoner regarding Dodge, but there are some folks out there........

Gee, Quoner...where is that sentiment from some of the folks here when they spew "negativity" all over Dodge. Let me see, seems to me he has admitted to some early mis-steps, is working his tail off (along with his coaches) to "fix" some early problems/mistakes made, he knows his feet are "to the fire", and needs our support...what about giving him some time?

No, Obama has not had two "seasons" yet, but it could be said of Obama that he has had time in the Senate already to show something too...which he has not. Hmmmmmmmmm...throw Dodge under the bus with this logic, but give Obama support. Just seems sort of ironic to me...not pointing fingers at you Quoner regarding Dodge, but there are some folks out there........

Whoa - I hadn't even thought about that. I just hope we all learned something about both sides here.

Maybe we can really find some common ground in both areas. So, who do you think has a better season this year?

Whoops - I'll start a new poll.

Edited by Quoner

Again I call for this thread to be LOCKED right now.

Isn't this the forum where all the crap that's inappropriate for the other forums ends up? What's so lockable? Bringing football into a political discussion? Quoting posts from the football thread nearly verbatim, but inserting White House and Obama in place of stadium and Dodge? I've seen lot's of threads that need locking, but I'm not clear on what your motivation for this one is. The original topic has been beaten to death. Given the fact that the greatest economic minds in the world have never been able to agree on government involvement in economy, I don't think we're going to win any Nobel prizes talking about it here.

Why should it be locked? That makes no sense at all. No one is "throwing rocks" at anyone personally here, and there is no name calling going on that I can tell. There is a call for "support" for "OUR" president, Mr. Obama and a call for support for "OUR" Coach, Mr. Dodge, using the same "logic"...so, why lock it up? Seems to me to be an interesting parallel to ponder, were you wanting to take it in another direction?

Why should it be locked? That makes no sense at all. No one is "throwing rocks" at anyone personally here, and there is no name calling going on that I can tell. There is a call for "support" for "OUR" president, Mr. Obama and a call for support for "OUR" Coach, Mr. Dodge, using the same "logic"...so, why lock it up? Seems to me to be an interesting parallel to ponder, were you wanting to take it in another direction?

Figures - the leap was just too much for folks.

Back to the topic at hand, I've got a question for the tax cut people who favor the trickle down theory. You state that the wealthy do not sit on their money, but rather invest it therefore creating jobs and growing the economy. My question is with whom they invest and whose economy they grow. Examples abound of outsourcing by large companies, generally the target of wealthy investors. The companies send their cash to overseas production plants, thus increasing GNP, but doing nothing for GDP. How does this help those people in our own country waiting for those trickle down jobs and dollars? Not everybody can be a significant shareholder.

This is admittedly a result of my wandering mind while sitting in Macro 1110 this morning, so it is not meant to snark or challenge. I most assuredly do not have the answers.

It's time for the elimination of these threads. They are too dangerous. How many examples do we have to see? I read the internet all day and I've seen it over and over again. It won't get better until we complete eradicate the site of these dangerous threads.

Retro - think anyone will get it?

Why do I even ask such questions?