We Shouldn't Have Fired Dickey

shaft

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When DD was here, our offense sucked, even though we had talent. Our defense sucked, even though we had talent.

Now, with TD our offense sucks, but we don't have as many mature talented players. Our defense sucks, but we do not have as many mature talented players.

I think that says it all.

Let's see what Todd Dodge does with seniors and juniors of his own choosing before we say he was a horrible hire.

If we still suck at that time, then we fire him.

When DD was here, our offense sucked, even though we had talent. Our defense sucked, even though we had talent.

Now, with TD our offense sucks, but we don't have as many mature talented players. Our defense sucks, but we do not have as many mature talented players.

I think that says it all.

Let's see what Todd Dodge does with seniors and juniors of his own choosing before we say he was a horrible hire.

If we still suck at that time, then we fire him.

See guys, it's so simple.

Yes, the BOR signoff is the next step. Also, the bond market has been really bad until just lately:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n1.4a38405.html

NT80,

Please do not take this as an attack, but you keep alluding to this meeting where the BOR will sign off on the stadium. So, they want to do it, but the economy will put this project off for the foreseeable future. Dallas Green said that Dr. B has stated nothing will happen until the alumni commit to the other $30 million. A big project in downtown Denton was put on hold because Wells Fargo would not commit, and they were a partners on this project with Trammel Crow and the City of Denton. Jerry Jones having trouble getting a loan for $350 million in costs overrun at the new stadium. The auto industry is evidently going to be rescued and record foreclosures in our area. The bond market may have improved, but the door is just barely cracked. I just do not see how you think the athletic department is going to come up with the money to get this project off the ground. And corporate sponsors in the near future, forget it. NASCAR, the sport that depends the most on corporate sponsorship, has said no to testing next year on NASCAR tracks, which will save teams 4 million dollars a years. This is a big deal for that sport. The main reason was many teams are having trouble securing sponsorships for next year. And now, I believe, the alumni are going to use the quality of the product on the field as reason to hold back as well as their retirement accounts dwindling. Tell me why you still think we will have a stadium in 2011 or 2012. Thanks!

Edited by Green Dozer

While I may not agree with his stance...I do like the way he has both arranged and presented his argument...both here and on his blog. I look forward to more contributions to more of our most important discussions.

Welcome to the board.

While I may not agree with his stance...I do like the way he has both arranged and presented his argument...both here and on his blog. I look forward to more contributions to more of our most important discussions.

Welcome to the board.

He clarified everything. It's just a matter of who sucks less with Juniors and Seniors.

Why was this missed?

you keep alluding to this meeting where the BOR will sign off on the stadium. So, they want to do it, but the economy will put this project off for the foreseeable future. Dallas Green said that Dr. B has stated nothing will happen until the alumni commit to the other $30 million. A big project in downtown Denton was put on hold because Wells Fargo would not commit, and they were a partners on this project with Trammel Crow and the City of Denton. Jerry Jones having trouble getting a loan for $350 million in costs overrun at the new stadium. The auto industry is evidently going to be rescued and record foreclosures in our area. The bond market may have improved, but the door is just barely cracked. I just do not see how you think the athletic department is going to come up with the money to get this project off the ground. And corporate sponsors in the near future, forget it. NASCAR, the sport that depends the most on corporate sponsorship, has said no to testing next year on NASCAR tracks, which will save teams 4 million dollars a years. This is a big deal for that sport. The main reason was many teams are having trouble securing sponsorships for next year. And now, I believe, the alumni are going to use the quality of the product on the field as reason to hold back as well as their retirement accounts dwindling. Tell me why you still think we will have a stadium in 2011 or 2012. Thanks!

As the article stated, the bond market is better now than a couple weeks ago. Projects are getting financed and happening again. I've heard nothing about the other $30 million or whatever needed before starting construction. That would not make sense if you could get the whole project financed and bank the other donations until payments were to be started. As part of the whole student fee and stadium process the BOR must approve the student fee at it's normal upcoming meeting (may include stadium project too?) and send it on to the Texas Legislature for their final approval. I don't know the timeline of when bonding and approvals need to happen but it was last reported groundbreaking was to be late spring or early summer 2009. That could make it ready for late fall 2010, probably for 2011 season.

We do have a slight tendancy to complicate life. We also worry and churn way too much about stuff we cannot control. Somehow we need to lighten up and let this matter take its own course. Time will tell as they say. Oh, btw, I found some really good "chill pills" at my local pharmacy (not placebos). If anyone interested, let me know!! I also have unpredictable moments of uncontrollable laughter. Good stuff!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am going to defend RV here so lets get that out in the open. You may not like him personally or like some of his decisions but I challenge any of you to say that he is not doing his absolute best to improve the athletic dept at UNT. He has done many positive, great things to date and worked his tail off to successfully sell the benefits of a new stadium. If you are not aware, that was a HUGE accomplishment. The fact that the FB team is struggling and the economy just fell into an unprecedented abyss were not a part of his plan. If I am wrong, please correct me but I feel and have seen that his every decision/move has been intended to benefit UNT. I know its easy and human nature to focus on whats not going perfectly but let's thank him and say job well done for making the new stadium project a reality.

As the article stated, the bond market is better now than a couple weeks ago. Projects are getting financed and happening again. I've heard nothing about the other $30 million or whatever needed before starting construction. That would not make sense if you could get the whole project financed and bank the other donations until payments were to be started. As part of the whole student fee and stadium process the BOR must approve the student fee at it's normal upcoming meeting (may include stadium project too?) and send it on to the Texas Legislature for their final approval. I don't know the timeline of when bonding and approvals need to happen but it was last reported groundbreaking was to be late spring or early summer 2009. That could make it ready for late fall 2010, probably for 2011 season.

Well, you are the only one I know reporting projects are getting financed and happening again. Many projects are just having to start, as part of the financial arrangements they made before this crisis and to keep the note from being called. I am in the construction equipment business, and all my Caterpillar dealer friends report very sluggish sales, yes, even now in Texas. My sales are off 60% from January. Finally, I just do not see where this alumni comes up with even half of their part, sorry. Anyway, lets leave it at that and thanks for the reply.