Jub Talking About Nt Now

untcampbell

I got in the car right when Jub was saying his goodbyes. Care to expound on how Jub spun this? I doubt it will be top ten worthy.

You didn't really miss much. It was pretty much of the same ol blow hard NT talk given by George. I love the guy and all but he's a homer to the fullest. If you listened to Jub Jub last week on the Hardline then it was pretty much the same talk.

He said, she said from Green Mean and untcampbell:

I agree the talk was pro-Dodge. Jub inferred that people at NT, and maybe across college football, aren't used to seeing things done "right," i.e. being proactive against drug use and not waiting for tragedy to happen. There was a glimmer of hope for you anti-Dodge guys though...Jub also inferred that if results don't start to show, Dodge may not be given time to prove that doing it the "right" way is, well, the right way.

My take: sometimes doing things right takes time.

I just praise the "character" of coaches and players. If these men performed like many on the board would prefer, they would ALL quit. These are men that will live better lives through the adversity through which they will persevere. Makes a crappy story for people who have never lived through hell and gotten to the other side, who have never lived in a completely negative atmosphere with few things going there way, who have no vision but the darkness of the tunnel, who can't envision and will themselves to the other side, but it will shape the way these men live the rest of their lives...POSITIVELY.

I hate where we are right now as a team. But I will stand up for these men, grateful they don't quit as many hope, proud they do their best and confident their best will be enough in the future.

I am Scott Campbell, and I approve of this message (and anticipate absolutely no comment in return).

I just wonder, from an outsider, if the drug test would have been given if your records for the past 2 years would have been reversed?

I too, applaud him for doing this.

I guess if things were going well, there would be no "suspicion" of drug use, however.

He said, she said from Green Mean and untcampbell:

I agree the talk was pro-Dodge. Jub inferred that people at NT, and maybe across college football, aren't used to seeing things done "right," i.e. being proactive against drug use and not waiting for tragedy to happen. There was a glimmer of hope for you anti-Dodge guys though...Jub also inferred that if results don't start to show, Dodge may not be given time to prove that doing it the "right" way is, well, the right way.

My take: sometimes doing things right takes time.

I just praise the "character" of coaches and players. If these men performed like many on the board would prefer, they would ALL quit. These are men that will live better lives through the adversity through which they will persevere. Makes a crappy story for people who have never lived through hell and gotten to the other side, who have never lived in a completely negative atmosphere with few things going there way, who have no vision but the darkness of the tunnel, who can't envision and will themselves to the other side, but it will shape the way these men live the rest of their lives...POSITIVELY.

I hate where we are right now as a team. But I will stand up for these men, grateful they don't quit as many hope, proud they do their best and confident their best will be enough in the future.

I am Scott Campbell, and I approve of this message (and anticipate absolutely no comment in return).

I just wonder, from an outsider, if the drug test would have been given if your records for the past 2 years would have been reversed?

I too, applaud him for doing this.

I guess if things were going well, there would be no "suspicion" of drug use, however.

Edited by Got5onIt

Whether or not he did it for the right reasons, (the best interest of the players OR he was giving himself more excuses) you have to question why he let it get outside the team doors. Families don't do that. So either he wanted it to get out or he is a plain naive and a clueless person in college rules.

They're doing all they can to, in some way, prop up Todd Dodge. So, they've thrown the players under the bus. Real classy.

There's not a college football program in American that doesn't have at least 15 kids smoking grass on it. Every other coach just let's the NCAA do their random testing, deals with the negative results that come it (privately) and leaves it at that.

But, not Todd Dodge.

With his ship sinking, his locker room lost (as well as, possibly, some of his coaching staff), Dodge goes commando to find scapegoats for his inability to coach. RV allows it. Jub-Jub, the mouthpiece, goes out to try and spin it positively.

The list of NCAA football players caught with marijuana or failing tests is too long to compile. There's no point in it anyway. In most jurisdictions, possession has been lowered to the level of a traffic ticket. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

There are suspensions (SEE Texas and Oklahoma and their past handings on marijuana users). Occassionally, a kid is kicked off the team. Usually not.

In the end, the whole thing is just a ridiculouos ruse trying to show Todd Dodge as some sort of disciplinarian. Hey, go test every student at UNT...I'll bet you get the same percentage of kids who test positive. Only, no one else on campus is trying to throw them under the bus for poor performance. Then, to try to dress it up as "we just want to help them"...pathetic.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Dodge has lost control of the team and it has nothing to do with "street drugs." It has to do with the fact that he doesn't know how to put together a game plan for FBS-level college football.

Again...and again...and again...it's just another example of Todd Dodge not having clue one about what it's like to coach at this level. He can't handle the hiring. He can't handle to gameplanning. He can't handle the press. And, he can't handle the culture of players who didn't grow up in lilywhite Southlake.

Cut him loose, today, please and get us a real college football coach. Please. Let the embarrasment on and off the field stop. Make it stop, RV. Just make it stop.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

With his ship sinking, his locker room lost (as well as, possibly, some of his coaching staff), Dodge goes commando to find scapegoats for his inability to coach. RV allows it. Jub-Jub, the mouthpiece, goes out to try and spin it positively.

That's some conspiracy theory. Do you actually have some evidence to back it up?

Cut him loose, today, please and get us a real college football coach. Please. Let the embarrasment on and off the field stop. Make it stop, RV. Just make it stop.

You might want to call out to our new president to get a change....I doubt our AD is going to remove Dodge after only two years when it was his hire - he can't even give a "statement" about this situation. Any other thing that happens he is on this board posting.

That's some conspiracy theory. Do you actually have some evidence to back it up?

This football program is in complete shambles. Everybody seems to see it.

I have learned that most rumours one way or another are generally true or atleast partly. Reality is a virus.

Edited by Green Mean

They're doing all they can to, in some way, prop up Todd Dodge. So, they've thrown the players under the bus. Real classy.

There's not a college football program in American that doesn't have at least 15 kids smoking grass on it. Every other coach just let's the NCAA do their random testing, deals with the negative results that come it (privately) and leaves it at that.

But, not Todd Dodge.

The list of NCAA football players caught with marijuana or failing tests is too long to compile. There's no point in it anyway. In most jurisdictions, possession has been lowered to the level of a traffic ticket. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

There are suspensions (SEE Texas and Oklahoma and their past handings on marijuana users). Occassionally, a kid is kicked off the team. Usually not.

In the end, the whole thing is just a ridiculouos ruse trying to show Todd Dodge as some sort of disciplinarian. Hey, go test every student at UNT...I'll bet you get the same percentage of kids who test positive. Only, no one else on campus is trying to throw them under the bus for poor performance. Then, to try to dress it up as "we just want to help them"...pathetic.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Dodge has lost control of the team and it has nothing to do with "street drugs." It has to do with the fact that he doesn't know how to put together a game plan for FBS-level college football.

Again...and again...and again...it's just another example of Todd Dodge not having clue one about what it's like to coach at this level. He can't handle the hiring. He can't handle to gameplanning. He can't handle the press. And, he can't handle the culture of players who didn't grow up in lilywhite Southlake.

You know, Lonnie, I feel your pain. However, I think this conspiracy theory of yours is a real reach. I just don't buy it. First, if a car load of players had been killed in a car wreck (i.e. Andrew Smith) and drugs or alcohol were found to be involved, then fans like you would be calling for Dodge's head because he must have known there was a drug problem, but chose to ignore it because of the shape his program is currently in. He would be blamed because he put the program over that of young men's lives. We can only speculate what kind of drugs were involved. Was it just weed? What if it had been meth, cocaine, or heroine? If his actions save one young man's life, whether now or in the future when he is through with football, it will make this season a success. Sorry it is not up to UT or OU standards for you. Again, I have been as frustrated as you are a lot of the time, just go through my posts. But to say he would do something like drug testing at the expense of young men is just to make himself look better or look like he is in control is just plain ridiculous.

I'm glad that there are some homers out there. There are so many haters of this school and program in the dfw that it is refreshing to have some homer support in the media. We have far less homers than most schools so I appreciate the any we can get.

You know, Lonnie, I feel your pain. However, I think this conspiracy theory of yours is a real reach. I just don't buy it. First, if a car load of players had been killed in a car wreck (i.e. Andrew Smith) and drugs or alcohol were found to be involved, then fans like you would be calling for Dodge's head because he must have known there was a drug problem, but chose to ignore it because of the shape his program is currently in. He would be blamed because he put the program over that of young men's lives. We can only speculate what kind of drugs were involved. Was it just weed? What if it had been meth, cocaine, or heroine? If his actions save one young man's life, whether now or in the future when he is through with football, it will make this season a success. Sorry it is not up to UT or OU standards for you. Again, I have been as frustrated as you are a lot of the time, just go through my posts. But to say he would do something like drug testing at the expense of young men is just to make himself look better or look like he is in control is just plain ridiculous.

:clapping::thumbsup:

(Yes, I did just agree with Green Dozier. Very good post.)

I've never listened to the ticket. I looked up the website. What the hell's a jub-jub?

Here in Kuwait we have dub-dub's.....that's the sound the freakishly huge dinosaur-lizards make when you run them over....no that doesn't answer your question!

Edited by GREEN COUG

Yes, that's the point, it's just plain ridiculous. And, it no theory. Having studied sports law from the guy who wrote the textbook on sport law, Ray Yasser, I can tell you that what Todd Dodge has done was ridiculous. And, that the AD stood by and let it happen was even more ridiculous.

Nothing will come of this because, legally speaking, nothing can come of it. Everyone involved knew that nothing could come of it legally. All that could have possibly come from it is to prove that, yes, college student indeed will smoke dope on occasion.

Every university already has in place policies on drug use. Courts and legislatures have already defined how and when drug tests can be administered and what the consequences will be. There is no secret here. In short, no issue. It has already been long ago resolved.

What happened here is that a coach without control of his locker room, at odds with some coaches, and completely lost on the field, had 86 players take a drug test. Allegedly, the purpose was "to help them if they needed it."

To you it's brilliant, fine. To me it is what it is - a coach sinking, not understanding the ramifications of what he's done legally, and offering up something other than on the field results to distract from the real issue - whether or not he can handle being a college football coach at an FBS school. Evidence, on and off the field, so far show that he isn't capable. And, throwing 15 player under the bus with an unnecessary and unprecedented drug test doesn't help him either.