Is The Radio Show Still On Tonight ?

saysojoe

Man I love me some Gundy. I've only been to 3 OSU tailgates/games but I've somehow gotten 2 high fives from the MAN.

If you ever get to talk to Gundy, can you ask him why he went for 4th and 6 from his own 30, with 3 timeouts left and under 3 minutes, down 4 points instead of punting? And if he answers you, can you also ask him why on that 4th down play, he decided to pass the ball to a WR that was 2 yards BEHIND the line of scrimage, some 8 yards behind the first down marker.

If you ever get to talk to Gundy, can you ask him why he went for 4th and 6 from his own 30, with 3 timeouts left and under 3 minutes, down 4 points instead of punting? And if he answers you, can you also ask him why on that 4th down play, he decided to pass the ball to a WR that was 2 yards BEHIND the line of scrimage, some 8 yards behind the first down marker.

I've been to Stillwater 3 times in my life, but I do consider myself to be good enough friends with the Gundster to answer your questions. 1. He was going for broke. If it works he's a ballsy genius. 2. I would assume that one of the reads on that play was a route beyond the first down marker and you have to admit that they had been getting some significant yards after catch on short and underneath routes all day long. Geez I hate UT.

I've been to Stillwater 3 times in my life, but I do consider myself to be good enough friends with the Gundster to answer your questions. 1. He was going for broke. If it works he's a ballsy genius. 2. I would assume that one of the reads on that play was a route beyond the first down marker and you have to admit that they had been getting some significant yards after catch on short and underneath routes all day long. Geez I hate UT.

Well, I only was able to watch the last 8 minutes on TV, but had heard updates throughout the second half. I guess the reason it didn't make much sense to me was that they had held UT to 7 points in the second half up to that point. Besides, if you don't make it, you still have to hold them.

It is not very inviting forum to get up there and ask a question. Can't put my finger on it, but you just do not feel so moved when you are there. I know George has to tow the company line, but couldn't his questions be just a little more tough, instead of warm and fuzzy tales of "how were you recruited", "how was Riley recruited", the hurricane questions last year, etc. I thought just maybe George was going to go after him on the spread, why maybe ours is faltering, and others flourish. No, by the time George got through, you would think that Dodge invented it. Again, just observation, not trying to be critical of George.

Have you ever worked on a coach's show? I remember Hayden Fry was mad just because of footage of him missing a single tackle when he was a player at Baylor. Off the air, he made it completely clear nothing negative about him - even as a joke - would ever be allowed on the show. (Mercer's book has a toned down version of the story.) Have you ever seen Brad Sham seriously question ANY of the Cowboy's coaches during their coach's shows? During the awful last few seasons at A&M, if you saw the coach's show you'd think they were on the verge of a National Championship.

A coach's show is suppose to be about the warm fuzzies, that is why you do the show!

You and Brad called me from there last week and I specifically asked for someone to ask about the chances of us ever having a play on short yardage from under center? So I assume no one asked?

People, don't make me come up there. It's a long ways from home just to come to a radio show, but if I come I will be asking a question. Don't make me come up there to do your fandomonium. Next week, someone who lives close by attend the show and step up and take advantage of an open mic for crying out loud?

Rick

Be carfeful FFR, don't get to close to the coaching staff ala Mendoza!