Special Announcement To The President's Club

VideoEagle

Oh so true.......! That's how she will use the Office of Advancement and more...

In my opinion, she should get on the 50 yard line this Saturday evening during half time and challenge the press box side of the stadium to step up to the plate now that the students have done so.

Good idea. Again, this is an opportunity for a LEADER to step up. What better time than during the homecoming game to challenge the alumni to get it in gear.

gk

In my opinion, she should get on the 50 yard line this Saturday evening during half time and challenge the press box side of the stadium to step up to the plate now that the students have done so.

That side of the stadium is the only side that has EVER stepped up. I agree, now is the time to do more, as we are so much closer to being the program we all have wanted it to be for ages, but let's not the time to get in the face of the Alumni and few die-hards who HAVE supported this program, come hell or high-water and through thick and thin. ...The Alumni will do our part, but it isn't right to get in our face after what we've all been through and what we've done to date.

Get in the face of the alumni WHO AREN'T AT THE HOMECOMING GAME. Those are the people who should have a vested interest and who we have something to legitimatly market to them. Those are the folks we need to reach out to and challenge.

That side of the stadium is the only side that has EVER stepped up. I agree, now is the time to do more, as we are so much closer to being the program we all have wanted it to be for ages, but let's not the time to get in the face of the Alumni and few die-hards who HAVE supported this program, come hell or high-water and through thick and thin. ...The Alumni will do our part, but it isn't right to get in our face after what we've all been through and what we've done to date.

Get in the face of the alumni WHO AREN'T AT THE HOMECOMING GAME. Those are the people who should have a vested interest and who we have something to legitimatly market to them. Those are the folks we need to reach out to and challenge.

Good points Scott!

I agree that Dr. B is not anti-athletics, but I also believe she manipulates her statements to cover herself either way with a mostly apathetic but sometimes hostile anti-athletic portion of the faculty. Case in point at the Rice tailgate was a difference in the way RV approched the stadium issue and the subtle difference when she approached it. RV's address indicated it was ready to take off and we all need to get on board now. Dr. B's was we will have a stadium sometime someday. I can't blame her for being politically correct with the faculty she heads up, but never mistake her support for that given by Norval and Barbikay Pohl. Dr. B may get the glory from this, but make no mistake as to whom laid the groundwork for all of this.