95.9 "the Ranch" Comments About Stadium Vote This Am

UNT90

Sorry it took so long to post this, but was away from my computer. While scanning the radio about 9 am, I cruised by 95.9 "The Ranch" just in time to hear them replay the audio from the 6 pm WBAP news story from yesterday. Afterwards, the disk jockeys added their own opinions. "Rebel", the female on the morning show stated that UNT didn't need a new stadium because the stadium that they have is a fine stadium. One of the males mentioned that his high school stadium was better than Fouts. "Rebel", who obviously is clueless about this issue, then responded that UNT should put the money into additional parking or other faciities. The male DJ pointed out that "rebel" played sports when younger and was suprised that she was against improved athletic facilities. Rebel responded that she played softball and that women sports never received proper funding and that she would like to see the money go to women's athletics before a stadium is built. Probably the most ignorant, irresponsible response that I have heard from any public outlet concerning this issue.

This is not WBAP. This is a station that plays "Texas" Country music, which is widely popular among college students. I hate to call on the students again, but could a student from this board please correspond with this wildly misinformed.....DJ and provide her with some facts (like we were rated the #1 university in Title IX compliance in a study completed by Penn St. University, you will no doubt have to tell her what Title IX is). I think this would mean much more coming from a student then an Alum. Didn't have time to get a number for 95.9, but just google 95.9 The Ranch and it should get you there.

Sorry it took so long to post this, but was away from my computer. While scanning the radio about 9 am, I cruised by 95.9 "The Ranch" just in time to hear them replay the audio from the 6 pm WBAP news story from yesterday. Afterwards, the disk jockeys added their own opinions. "Rebel", the female on the morning show stated that UNT didn't need a new stadium because the stadium that they have is a fine stadium. One of the males mentioned that his high school stadium was better than Fouts. "Rebel", who obviously is clueless about this issue, then responded that UNT should put the money into additional parking or other faciities. The male DJ pointed out that "rebel" played sports when younger and was suprised that she was against improved athletic facilities. Rebel responded that she played softball and that women sports never received proper funding and that she would like to see the money go to women's athletics before a stadium is built. Probably the most ignorant, irresponsible response that I have heard from any public outlet concerning this issue.

This is not WBAP. This is a station that plays "Texas" Country music, which is widely popular among college students. I hate to call on the students again, but could a student from this board please correspond with this wildly misinformed.....DJ and provide her with some facts (like we were rated the #1 university in Title IX compliance in a study completed by Penn St. University, you will no doubt have to tell her what Title IX is). I think this would mean much more coming from a student then an Alum. Didn't have time to get a number for 95.9, but just google 95.9 The Ranch and it should get you there.

You should have heard the crap they were saying on 89.1. Stupid alternative Christians...

http://www.959theranch.com/pages/2016149.php

817-787-1959

Director Of Programming -

Mike Crow - Mike@TheRanchRadio.com

ON AIR -

Mike Crow - MikeCrow@TheRanchRadio.com

Heywood - Heywood@TheRanchRadio.com

Rebel - Rebel@TheRanchRadio.com

Kevin McCoy - Kevin@TheRanchRadio.com

Tom Bigbee - Tom@TheRanchRadio.com

Jenna Lee - Jenna@TheRanchRadio.com

Julie Austin - Julie@TheRanchRadio.com

Bobby Sanders - Bobby@TheRanchRadio.com

Tony Russel - Tony@TheRanchRadio.com

Stu Stewart - Stu@TheRanchRadio.com

That would be 89.7. Don't lump the stupid alternative Christians with the sugar-free hits of Camp Sweeney's KPFC.

Ah, so confused. I got jumbled because stupid KICK 99.1 kept calling the new fee "muy mal" and then refused to play my request for "La Camisa Negra" by Jaunes.

Isn't 92.5 Texas Country also? I do not listen to much radio these days other than The Ticket....but what the hell kind of format/music do they play in Texas Country radio stations?

It was for a couple of months, then phased back into playing the same tired classic rock they've always played.

Texas Country is non-Nashville country, for the most part. Also known as Americana. Artists like Randy Rogers, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Chris Knight, The Hangdogs, Owen Temple, Fred Eaglesmith, Joe Ely, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Ryan Adams, Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Jerry Jeff Walker, James McMurtry, Rusty Weir.........

It is NOT Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney......

95.3 was true greatness until recently and now they seem to play the same dog s--- as everyone else, except on the weekends when John Murphy is the DJ.

I haven't tried 95.9 yet.

Somebody send her an email with attachments of photos of the deterioration, cracks, rust, poor the infamous from FFR that shows the field being over 150 feet away from the stands. Need someone to get some photos of the ramps into the stadium that are completely non ADA compliant. The poor conditions inside the locker rooms. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Send that to her and ask her to point out what part of the stadium is "very nice" that they interviewed student referred to...

Somebody send her an email with attachments of photos of the deterioration, cracks, rust, poor the infamous from FFR that shows the field being over 150 feet away from the stands. Need someone to get some photos of the ramps into the stadium that are completely non ADA compliant. The poor conditions inside the locker rooms. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Send that to her and ask her to point out what part of the stadium is "very nice" that they interviewed student referred to...

Just don't let her know about our state-of-the-art waterless urinals. With the amount of water we're saving, tearing down Fouts could cause a drought.

On a plus side, it seems alot of local media outlets are picking up on this story, though sometimes negative. And the critics say that a new football stadium would not lead to greater recognition......

It's why I was never really in favor of the argument. While I believe in it, it's a subjective point. The main point should have always been the poor condition of Fouts Field.

If they can keep kicking off "News Stories" (in lieu of "ads") that are one sided/slanted about how they portray themselves as victims of a new stadium that they dont want, followed by us running around doing damage control to get all the facts out, then why dont we get ahold of George at the Ticket to put out a POSITIVE FAVORABLE story piece about a new Stadium? He's got to know more than anyone what poor conditions Fouts is in... If someone would email him, I'm sure he'd throw out some info/stats/reasons why this should happen... (although, I'm guilty of not knowing when he's on the air...) Anyone know? or know his email?

Edited by trud1966

I bet flooding a small station most people don't care after a throw-away segment will make them handle it pretty well, give equal time and not encourage additional editorial behavior at all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go protest the vile language they use on the Howard Stern Show.

You might also add pictures/links to the following new facilities at North Texas:

Women's Softball Stadium

Women's Soccer Stadium

Women's Volleyball Stadium (renovated)

Women's Locker Rooms, indoor batting cages, academic support, etc....

since she thinks money should be spent on women's facilities.

P.S. I approve of all of the above facilities and think our women's sports deserve the best facilities possible also.

Oh, and Quoner, just because you choose not to listen to "The Ranch" doesn't mean other students don't.

Edited by UNTLifer

You might also add pictures/links to the following new facilities at North Texas:

Women's Softball Stadium

Women's Soccer Stadium

Women's Volleyball Stadium (renovated)

Women's Locker Rooms, indoor batting cages, academic support, etc....

since she thinks money should be spent on women's facilities.

P.S. I approve of all of the above facilities and think our women's sports deserve the best facilities possible also.

Oh, and Quoner, just because you choose not to listen to "The Ranch" doesn't mean other students don't.

I think you pick and choose your battles when you protest things. There are bigger stations weighing in on this that would welcome the information - and some that will just have DJ's tossing off whatever they think. I'm not critiquing the musical genre of the station, just if there is a need to take on a small station rather than some of the other outlets that will make more of a difference. KPLX and KXCS are both in the top 20 country stations in the US - if they said this, I would see a lot more value to going after them, but that is just my opinion.

I think you pick and choose your battles when you protest things. There are bigger stations weighing in on this that would welcome the information - and some that will just have DJ's tossing off whatever they think. I'm not critiquing the musical genre of the station, just if there is a need to take on a small station rather than some of the other outlets that will make more of a difference. KPLX and KXCS are both in the top 20 country stations in the US - if they said this, I would see a lot more value to going after them, but that is just my opinion.

Those stations have the same basic demographic for support of WBAP. Over 40 crowd. College kids listen to "Texas" Country. Just go and look at the Thursday night lineup of live music at the Rocking Rodeo. This station has much more influence than WBAP.

Edited by UNT90

Those stations have the same basic demographic for support of WBAP. Over 40 crowd. College kids listen to "Texas" Country. Just go and look at the Thursday night lineup of live music at the Rocking Rodeo. This station has much more influence than WBAP.

If only there was a way to calculate the listening audience and demographic breakdown of radio stations besides the Thursday night lineup at the Rocking Rodeo: http://www.radiodailynews.com/5-1%20dallas-fortworth.htm

You can buy a 30 second spot yourself for a whopping $296 if you'd rather refute things that way.

If only there was a way to calculate the listening audience and demographic breakdown of radio stations besides the Thursday night lineup at the Rocking Rodeo: http://www.radiodailynews.com/5-1%20dallas-fortworth.htm

You can buy a 30 second spot yourself for a whopping $296 if you'd rather refute things that way.

It's about the demographic. Maybe Im wrong, and maybe most of the students that listen to this kind of music are already for the stadium (greeks), but I would be willing to bet my next paycheck that more students heard the comments on 95.9 than WBAP. (Safe bet, as it can NEVER be proved!!!!)