Where Do The Students Go To Vote?

greenjoe

Guest GrayEagleOne

Online voting scares me. Are there safeguards to prevent voter fraud? For instance, could a student use another's ID and vote for him? With or without his permission?

I know that it works both ways but I don't even want to see the good guys win fraudently.

If we had known for sure over the summer that we'd be letting the students vote, a bunch of us Alums could have registered for 1 class, and gotten to vote. I've been thinking of Grad school anyway.

I'm with you... I would have taken a class... I'm not too far from having another degree with the amount of hours I graduated with the first time around.

If we had known for sure over the summer that we'd be letting the students vote, a bunch of us Alums could have registered for 1 class, and gotten to vote. I've been thinking of Grad school anyway.

Dang, that would have been a great idea! Well...I'm voting yes so now we know it's at least 2-0.

You guys should have thought of this sooner...some of the distance learning classes are only for part of the semester, so some start later than the beginning of the regular semester. Hindsight...

And the method used to keep euid info, single votes, etc. secure was tested over 3 or 4 semesters before it was put into place, and before then, SGA members were in constant contact with schools that were already using online voting. It's probably even more secure than "regular" voting has recently become (though I can't speak for podunk towns where the dead still vote, a la Black Sheep).