Will We Cover

StealthEagle84

The spread on the game is 21 points. Please tell me we can stay within three TD's in a conference game. If we can't, boy we've fallen a long way..........

Sorry Stealth Eagle... even this Mean Green homer doesn't think we will cover the spread. What in the first 5 games suggests that we can? For use to cover, we would have to have a remarkable 1 week turn around in nearly every aspect of the game. I'll be at the game anyway.

The spread on the game is 21 points. Please tell me we can stay within three TD's in a conference game. If we can't, boy we've fallen a long way..........

We couldn't come within 4 TDs last week... at home... to the previous perennially worst team in the conference, and the current worst offense in the country.... so i don't understand your point.

We can't fall any further after the FIU disaster. I felt like i was kicked in the nuts by Big Brown last week.

Will We Cover?

No.

Down by 18 early in the fourth quarter we'll kick a field goal on 4th and 2 at the 6.

The lay down and die strategy will encourage the opponent to make the game look like a blowout.

Not to mention just before the half with eight seconds to go, we go for a field goal that , uhm we missed. Why not take a shot in the end zone? Why? WHY? WHY?

Twice.

North Texas led 3-0 and 10-7, then our special teams took over and insured that wouldn't happen again. Thank you Mr. Drake.

I don't know what is MORE amazing this year, that our defense is actually worse this year or that our special teams are worse this year. Our special teams are so bad it is laughable.

Not to mention just before the half with eight seconds to go, we go for a field goal that , uhm we missed. Why not take a shot in the end zone? Why? WHY? WHY?

Holy Smokes! That was unbelievable!

We get a gift in their end of the field with 24 seconds before half time, actually RUN two plays and have to burn a timeout after each, and then attempt a field goal with 8 seconds without first taking a shot at the end zone. Seriously, what the heck was that?

I am still a Dodge supporter, but tonight was some of the worst playcalling I have ever seen.

How many times on third down must we throw a completion short of the first down line before we decide to throw the ball long enough to actually gain the first down. There's a damn good reason they are all giving up that short pass to North Texas, it's because it rarely gets the first down.

Holy Smokes! That was unbelievable!

We get a gift in their end of the field with 24 seconds before half time, actually RUN two plays and have to burn a timeout after each, and then attempt a field goal with 8 seconds without first taking a shot at the end zone. Seriously, what the heck was that?

I am still a Dodge supporter, but tonight was some of the worst playcalling I have ever seen.

How many times on third down must we throw a completion short of the first down line before we decide to throw the ball long enough to actually gain the first down. There's a damn good reason they are all giving up that short pass to North Texas, it's because it rarely gets the first down.

This and the 4th and 4 field goal had me almost out of my mind.

The pre-half playcalling is this same chickenshit playcall bullcrap we saw at Rice in a very similar situation.

I saw a lot from the players last night that confirmed my belief that this is still a talented, capable team. But this sort of decision making just frustrates me to no end. Oh, and the 1 yard pass to Micah on a 3rd and 2. How can you throw a pass that's too short to cover TWO YARDS on a 3rd down?!? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?? From how quickly the ball came out and Vizza's focus on Mosley, I'm pretty sure the play was designed for him to be the primary option.

Argh.