Soccer Vs. Fau

Keith7

I will go back to some of my earlier comments...this team has a chance at the conference crown this year...young or not...call it waht you will, but the team appears to be getting it together for a nice run. A bit more scoring would be nice. Wouldn't it always, however??? GO SOCCER!!!! The REAL Football!

I will go back to some of my earlier comments...this team has a chance at the conference crown this year...young or not...call it waht you will, but the team appears to be getting it together for a nice run. A bit more scoring would be nice. Wouldn't it always, however??? GO SOCCER!!!! The REAL Football!

But you called them young -and then you didn't - and now you are again.

I'm confused.

and scared.

and cold.

Yes, and I retain the ability to confuse and amaze! The team is young...you can call it whatever you want....but, win they do! And a shot at the conference crown they do have!!!!

The conference tournament is here this year too, and we all know how well we play at home..

Actually, we are playing some of our worst soccer of the year right now.....we are just doing enough to get by. Until sunday, we had allowed an avg of 2 goals per game since conference started, and key players are going long stretches without any significant impact on the game. ULM was a complete butt-whipping in all phases. FIU has given all teams fits this year in spite of their record, so that game I actually think was a better effort. The two prior conference game wins could easily have gone the other way, save for a few critical breaks. We are not in sync offensively in spite of scoring three goals in two conf games. In my very humble opinion, we should have posted at least 6 goals vs. ULM, five vs LaLa, 5 vs FLA and 2-3 vs. FIU. Problem is in finishing and ball movement. We are not running the offense the way Hedlund wants it (per his media interviews), and I think that is why the key offensive players numbers are down. They are working against themselves and the team.

We do have young players, but Denver, WKU, MTSU all are starting very young players. In this sport, young players are in vogue, their fitness level, competitive game skills, speed and quickness are very often higher than returning Jr or Sr players, due to the excessive summer club seasons they are still playing. "Young" should be an advantage in this sport.

Last thing and this one I think is very important. We have multiple player injuries, some nagging, some severe. I count 3 severe, and 5 with nagging or missed game injuries. Most have come from flagrant foul circumstances. On the La roadtrip alone we took nearly 40 fouls and only handed out 8. We have one yellow card this season, for mouthing. We must begin to step up to a physical style of play. We cannot finish healthy this year at this rate. We have got to start pounding the opposition when field position is not critical. It is affecting our offensive play, like it or not. They will not back off until we dish it back.

We do not play well on the road, we must win the next two on the road...then we have a chance to run the table at home.