Pathetic & Embarrassing

MeanGreen61

It doesn't get any lower than this. I'm going to reserve most of my post until I calm down, but I will say this. Scoring 20 points in a game should get you a victory. The team was not prepared to play especially coming from an off week. I think we all believe that Coach DeLoach is a good DC, so after looking at the first 4 games what does that tell us? There is a serious lack of talent on defense. This program/team will go no where in the future until the front 7 is addressed (as many have noted before).

As mad as I am and as bad as this was - Dodge does not need to be fired like many are posting. He deserves his time to try and build a program. It takes time to recover from where we were. Do I need to remind everyone of the lowest 7ot scoring total in the history of college football or the 35 pt shut out at Homecoming to a bad MTSU team? We truly were that bad a few years ago and had that little overall talent. We still are bad but there is some talent. Is just most of our talent is very young. I will still give TD until his 1st recruiting class goes through, but we better address the DL or it will continue to be more of the same in the future until a move will have to be made.

There are no excuses for today. It is what it is and that is embarrassing.

so let me see Rice has twice now turned around programs with 1st and 2nd year coaches, Tulsa is still rolling, buffalo improved to 5-7 in 2nd year.

Why can Dodge not turn the program around and at least make it respectable in the 2nd year?

This team has gotten worse since year 1, in particular the offense.

Do I need to remind everyone of the lowest 7ot scoring total in the history of college football or the 35 pt shut out at Homecoming to a bad MTSU team?

Of course, THAT YEAR, we still managed to beat SMU by 18.

Then we lost the next year to them by 14.

Anyone want to guess what the NT-SMU score would be this year?

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing - it sucks. However, you will have trouble hiring a coach (even an up and coming cordinator) if a coach believes 2 years is his time frame to turn a program around or he's gone. Why would someone come to NT for that?

I'm not calling for for Dodge's head. I think you have to give a coach until his first recruiting class graduates.

However, last year, I heard a lot of "Man, we suck because the talent isn't there". And I thought that was unfair.

I agree our talent level isn't the same as it was in the glory years, HOWEVER, those "untalented Dickey recruits" where able to beat SMU one year, and then most of the same crew plus Dodge's first class have a -32 point shift in the score next year?

I just don't like it when fans dog pile the players to support the coaches. In twenty years, those coaches will more than likely be long gone, but they players are Mean Green forever.

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing - it sucks. However, you will have trouble hiring a coach (even an up and coming cordinator) if a coach believes 2 years is his time frame to turn a program around or he's gone. Why would someone come to NT for that?

Well for starters, when Dodge came here and brought litterally all high school coaches with him, that was a mistake. Now he needs to listen to some of the other college coaches and bring on some more experienced college coaches.

I'm not calling for for Dodge's head. I think you have to give a coach until his first recruiting class graduates.

However, last year, I heard a lot of "Man, we suck because the talent isn't there". And I thought that was unfair.

I agree our talent level isn't the same as it was in the glory years, HOWEVER, those "untalented Dickey recruits" where able to beat SMU one year, and then most of the same crew plus Dodge's first class have a -32 point shift in the score next year?

I just don't like it when fans dog pile the players to support the coaches. In twenty years, those coaches will more than likely be long gone, but they players are Mean Green forever.

Cerebus, your avatar just absolutely makes me want to cry. That avatar reminds me of why I'm an NT football fan. I love that NT uniform so much!

I don't know whats worse..... Watching/listening to UNT lose every week, or the fact our style of play means the games they're loosing last 4 hours.

It kind of reminds me of when they came out with a study a couple of years ago finding that men who were married lived longer; someone commented that it may just seem longer.

Cerebus, your avatar just absolutely makes me want to cry. That avatar reminds me of why I'm an NT football fan. I love that NT uniform so much!

Now that's something I can agree with. As many have said on posts before, let's get back to a traditional green helmet and traditional uniform! As I wipe the tear from my eye, I miss the green helmet.

Can we start the recovery process by bringing that uniform back?

I’d give anything to have our old uniforms back. That’s the one of two complaints I have about the Dodge tenure. We deserve all of the SLC comments with our current uniforms. Our current uniforms are pathetic.

The other complaint is the number of High School coaches on our staff. I truly believe that we can turn this ship around if Dodge would just weed out some of the high school coaches.

I was at the game last night. We lost the game because Rice simply better than us. You could see that the size and speed of their players was superior to ours. However, we got embarrassed in large part due to our special teams play.

Special teams need to be addressed immediately.

The other thing is it seems that our opponents figure out our offense in the 2nd half and adjust. I’m not sure if that’s a product of us just getting a hole and having to take higher risk chances or what but that also concerns me.

It doesn't get any lower than this. I'm going to reserve most of my post until I calm down, but I will say this. Scoring 20 points in a game should get you a victory. The team was not prepared to play especially coming from an off week. I think we all believe that Coach DeLoach is a good DC, so after looking at the first 4 games what does that tell us? There is a serious lack of talent on defense. This program/team will go no where in the future until the front 7 is addressed (as many have noted before).

As mad as I am and as bad as this was - Dodge does not need to be fired like many are posting. He deserves his time to try and build a program. It takes time to recover from where we were. Do I need to remind everyone of the lowest 7ot scoring total in the history of college football or the 35 pt shut out at Homecoming to a bad MTSU team? We truly were that bad a few years ago and had that little overall talent. We still are bad but there is some talent. Is just most of our talent is very young. I will still give TD until his 1st recruiting class goes through, but we better address the DL or it will continue to be more of the same in the future until a move will have to be made.

There are no excuses for today. It is what it is and that is embarrassing.

I believe that several of us (myself included) were asking "where's the beef" during this last recruitment season. :rolleyes: