What Questions Do You Have To Ask Yourself When...

eulessismore

Mine (I get 2 since I started the thread, hey, ask as many as you want):

1. Does the return of Eddrick Gilmore outweigh the loss to Tulsa, since I really thought we'd lose to Tulsa, and never considered the possibility we'd see Gilmore this season?

2. Would one of those witch supply places in New Orleans sell us "beat LSU" potion, or does LSU have Marie Laveau in their corner?

I wouldn't consider the Gilmore/Tulsa thing a swap. Tulsa was an ass whoop, and I lost a lot of energy watching that.

Gilmore will probably not see the field this week, and it wouldn't surprise me if it takes several weeks for him to crack the rotation. This is not a statement against his ability, but rather his game shape, etc...

I look forward to his helping us out in Belt play, whenever that might be.

Guest GrayEagleOne

1. Will the return of Agbottah, Stickler, Mosley, Nurudeen and Menard help narrow the score against LSU?

2. Will Rice still be unbeaten when we visit Houston?

3. Will we outdraw SMU at the next homegames for each? (We all have this thing for SMU)

1. Will the return of Agbottah, Stickler, Mosley, Nurudeen and Menard help narrow the score against LSU?

2. Will Rice still be unbeaten when we visit Houston?

3. Will we outdraw SMU at the next homegames for each? (We all have this thing for SMU)

I was somewhat surprised that SMU didn't draw better for their first home game against Texas State; after all, TSU played Baylor tough for most of their game last year. They hung tough against SMU longer than expected. As for how that relates to us, I'm wondering if we're looking at the "should we schedule FCS teams in the future" question from the wrong perspective. I think we've played more games against what is now Texas State at San Marcos than any other program, and much has been written here about how much effort is going into upgrading their facilities. Overall, they seem to be on the improve. Would they not be a worthy regional opponent for us? Probably not a guaranteed win, but perhaps a rivalry worth cultivating?

......but perhaps a rivalry worth cultivating?

Definitely! We need to cultivate more Texas rivalries with teams that will actually do a home and home. Screw A&M, Texas, and TCU if they don't want to Fouts and loose.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I was somewhat surprised that SMU didn't draw better for their first home game against Texas State; after all, TSU played Baylor tough for most of their game last year. They hung tough against SMU longer than expected. As for how that relates to us, I'm wondering if we're looking at the "should we schedule FCS teams in the future" question from the wrong perspective. I think we've played more games against what is now Texas State at San Marcos than any other program, and much has been written here about how much effort is going into upgrading their facilities. Overall, they seem to be on the improve. Would they not be a worthy regional opponent for us? Probably not a guaranteed win, but perhaps a rivalry worth cultivating?

At one time we had played more games against Texas State than anyone else but I think that New Mexico State may be one ahead by now.

I have no problem playing Texas State since they should be the next Texas team in Division 1-A. I hope that we can help them get in the Sun Belt because the WAC would prefer not to take a 1-AA directly into their conference and independent would be a tough way to go. Besides, if no new USA split/expansion or whatever is imminent, a 12-team Sun Belt would cut a lot of travel costs and give us a closer (and old) rival.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Questions I ask myself in this situation:

Is the beer in my cooler still cold?

Are the opposing team's cheerleaders hot?

Should I pay the ten bucks for the orange lot parking?

Should I indulge the kid and get her that giant foam finger at Voertman's?

How did I ever live as a student of a school with no football at all?

I LOVE IT! One question I've always wondered why it's never asked, and another question I would never have dreamed up!