Good grief! I think Obama made the wrong choice for VP. Should have picked Hilary. Biden is nothing but a freakin, screaming loudmouth.

If you think you have heard the bashing of America so far, just wait till tomorrow night. Let me save you the time and give you the cliff notes. "America is a bad, terrible place right now, but I'm gonna "CHANGE" all of that".

Rick

GO GET ON THE DEBATE TEAM NOT THE FOOTBALL TEAM :rolleyes:

He got even more lost without his sheep.

This isn't the football board, I.I.I.

Biden always seemed kinda loony to me as well...

The thing that has disappointed me the most about what liitle I have watched of this convention is that no speaker I have heard (and I said I have not watched too much of it, so OK I am out front with it) has said anything about how Obama will do things, what his real plans are (a bit of detail I mean not jut grand comments), they jsut want to bash Bush and McCain. It gets old. Biden is an attack dog at best and that's why he is on the ticket. You can almost count on the fact that his big mouth will get him in trouble and the campaign will have to do "damage control" more than once. But, everyone knows that. Let the fun begin.

We will probably see some of the same next week from the Republicans. Why can't they tell us what THEY stand for, what they want to do and why, how they will "right the ship" (If they think the ship is listing) instead of just telling us why the "other guy" is bad? This is why I don't watch this crap much any more. No substance at all, just political garbage. The LIE meter needs to be out and on screen. Probably was, but probably broke from over use after the first day of the convention. Too bad, it needed to be up at the Republican convention too.

Buckle up...here we go!

Anybody know ANYTHING about other candidates? Colbert had the Libertarian dude on a day or two ago, but I missed it. Being registered in AZ now means my vote counts about as much as being registered in TX when Bush ran...I like the idea of a 3rd party getting some votes so they can pull in public funds (the only way you can choose how your tax dollars are spent) and possibly be in the debates. With more voices ringing from the podiums (podia?), there may actually be a bit of change in campaigning.

If you think you have heard the bashing of America so far, just wait till tomorrow night. Let me save you the time and give you the cliff notes. "America is a bad, terrible place right now, but I'm gonna "CHANGE" all of that".

Rick

You don't think "CHANGE" is coming with the guy? Gordo on the ticket says he is full of Hope and change.

I have a friend named Hope, too. Freakin' small world.

Dude...me too! Really cool girl...we had a little 2 week relationship/trist sorta thing which basically involved seeing some of the most beautiful places in Texas. I need to get back in touch with her...

I don't see how a few more % points or a sprinkling of 3rd-party legislators would create "radical" change. If anything, it may lead to a long, gradual change that could lead to a true "multi-party" system after about a dozen or so election cycles.

Let the games begin! If you are anywhere near most public universities, I can imagine you would be threatened if you said you were not going to vote for Obama. Remember, university profs are all for "free speech" as long as your free speech agrees with their free speech. If not, look out! OK, don't everyone jump me for that snide remark. I know that is a gross generalization...just wanted to help get the "games" going so we can "ejoy" the sport of politics. Heck, no candidate ever seems to want to give you any real concrete ideas as to how they would "fix" things, they just want to tell you why the other candidate is BAD! UGH! Tells me neither one has any idea of how to fix things...well, at the risk of getting figuratively killed here by the members of the "Takings Coalition" among us, I offer these these five items as the FIVE GREAT REFORMS wanted by the "Leave Us Along Coalition" folks:

1. MAKE ALL PENSIONS INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND PORTABLE;

2. MAKE HEALTH INSURANCE INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND CONTROL COSTS THROUGH COMPETITION;

3. GIVE PARENTS REAL CHOICE IN EDUCATION;

4. COMPETITIVE SOURCING (let government at all levels compete with the private sector for every service than can be handled by private industry; and

5. TRANSPARANCY IN GOVERNMENT AT ALL LEVELS.

My thanks to Grover Nortquist for the list. Check out his book "LEAVE US ALONE". Pretty interesting IF you can read it with an open mind and keep your emotions out of it.

Hey, if Obama would sign a written pledge to do these five things, even I might vote for him. Short of that, NO WAY!

Why is the response to criticism of the Democratic Party usually snide or full of anger?

You've noticed that as well. It's because they (particularly their leadership) are elitist and feel like they are superior to working class Americans. They are the liberal rich who pander to the poor with platitudes like "change" and "hope", and will not abide anyone who dares to challenge their empty suit candidate.

1. MAKE ALL PENSIONS INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND PORTABLE;

2. MAKE HEALTH INSURANCE INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND CONTROL COSTS THROUGH COMPETITION;

3. GIVE PARENTS REAL CHOICE IN EDUCATION;

4. COMPETITIVE SOURCING (let government at all levels compete with the private sector for every service than can be handled by private industry; and

5. TRANSPARANCY IN GOVERNMENT AT ALL LEVELS.

Hey, if Obama would sign a written pledge to do these five things, even I might vote for him. Short of that, NO WAY!

:lol:

The liberal counter-proposal:

1. WE STEAL YOUR MONEY THROUGH PAYROLL DEDUCTIONS YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, AND IF YOU'RE LUCKY YOU'LL GET 22% OF IT BACK WHEN YOU'RE OVER THE AGE OF 75.

2. ALL DOCTORS, NURSES, AND MEDICAL STAFF WILL WORK FOR THE STATE. YOU GO WHERE WE TELL YOU TO GO.

3. YOUR CHILDREN ARE SAFE IN GOVERNMENT HANDS.

4. THE ONLY GOOD PROGRAM IS A GOVERNMENT-RUN PROGRAM.

5. LEAVE US ALONE! WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOES IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Edited by UNTflyer