Mean Green Premium

UNTflyer

Does the Premium upgrade allow you to get the K-State game on line streaming??

Thanks in advance. Can't make the game but thought about joining the premium if can be seen on line.

AS far as I know only the K-State website is broadcasting it

I know the Pourhouse was trying to see about the legality of buying the feed from Kstate on the computer and broadcasting it.

They also were wondering how the quality would be and if they were delaying it

Will it have the K-state game on this saturday?

Thanks in advance. Can't make the game but thought about joining the premium if can be seen on line.

There was no mention of this during the coach's show, nor in the game notes for this week. It does not appear that the game will be on K-State's Premium service either. Looks like I'll be listening to George and Hank on my radio.

AS far as I know only the K-State website is broadcasting it

I know the Pourhouse was trying to see about the legality of buying the feed from Kstate on the computer and broadcasting it.

They also were wondering how the quality would be and if they were delaying it

K-State's schedule says they're only streaming the Pre-game show and a half-time ceremony for their ring of honor.

No, according to the site the first live event is Sept. 26, a women's soccer game against UL La. It looks like there is only one football game available on Mean Green Premium, ULM vs. North Texas on Oct. 18.

As I understand it Mean Green Premium has to get permission from the host team to tap into their video feed so if they grant it you can get streaming video on Mean Green Premium. KSU has NOT granted the right so it won't be shown. SMU was similar last year, but you could pay them $10. for that game and get on their network which I did and watched from Maui. Don't know if the KSU site might offer something similar. I watched Ark. St. and FIU last year on Mean Green Premium, I attended all the other games except SMU as mentioned above. Two things you have to put up with is the delay from the radio call to the video or else listen to their audio with their home announcers. I chose the latter. Except for our home games Mean Green Premium, has no control of the video feed it receives. I thought ASU was fine, but FIU must have had a student working their camera as he constantly lost the ball and showed much more of their cheerleaders than the game itself. Come to think of it that might have been a plus. I also watched several road BB games on it, and I feel it is worth the price as long as you go in understanding their limitations. Also enjoyed the press conferences and the the Insider to keep current.

I do not believe KSU is streaming video, just an audio feed. There is NO TV for this game that I can find.

My biggest problem with the MG Premium video feeds of the football and bsketball games is the quality of the picture. In viewing the small frame, the quality is great but the pic is too small to enjoy. In full screen mode, the picture is terrible. I'm going to see if the quality improves this year, otherwise I'll just cancel the subscription.

Harry,

Do you know someone with the media staff over at the university that can tell us whether the Premium programming has been upgraded? After all, Broadcasting is a huge deal at UNT.

It's now "Powered by Jump TV".

http://www.jumptv.com/

JumpTV (www.jumptv.com), (TSX/AIM:JTV), is a world leading broadcaster of live and on-demand sports video over the Internet. In the last twelve months, JumpTV streamed more than 15,000 live and exclusive sporting events – comprised of top college (NCAA), professional and Hispanic sports coverage – to millions of fans globally. JumpTV also delivers a broad offering of internet services to its partners including web hosting, live event video streaming, ticket management and e-commerce.

Edited by UNTflyer