Another Tailgate Q.

Cowtown

There are several in my crew that have finally nutted up and joined the MGC. We will most likely carpool up together which means we will have parking passes to spare.

Anyone ever get an answer as to if we show our extra parking pass can we set up shop in the adjacent parking spot? I figure we can hang the extra parking passes from the tent to show the hall monitors what we are up to.

Seems like I read someone tried to do this last year, not sure what the outcome was.

Let me know.

Thanks,

MC

It all depends on how nazi-ish the parking gods are going to be this year. Last year I was able to get extra spots by bringing another car in, waiting about 10 minutes, then moving that car somewhere else. It was a pain, but well worth it. That said it might be different with the MGC parking.

Then how the hell do they expect you to tailgate?? Literally out of your tailgate?

This is why my excitement for tailgating at Fouts Field has diminished over the past three years. They (her, you know who I'm talking about) won't budge on keeping everybody parked in a "Carnival Style" = no space for a tent.

I loved the orange lot four years ago. First Come; First Served no problem with setting up.

Carnival Style parking?????????? it's a FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then how the hell do they expect you to tailgate?? Literally out of your tailgate?

It is festival/carnival style meaning once the two facing parking rows are are full you tailgate in the lane between.

Edited by KingDL1

So if you are like me and arrive at 11:00 AM for breakfast tailgate you have to WAIT before the whole row is full, which at that time, is going to take awhile.

Still Blows!

The last few home games of last season they had us park by the RVs and as we filled in the second side we started flooding into the lane from the stadium working toward the pit.

Guest JohnDenver

Did you hear the interview with the AD?

Instead complaining to complain [sic], give him a call on gameday to sort it out.

Then call me and let me know how that worked ;)

Are you referring to our Bruce Hall invasion photos? If you are...I don't recall any fishnets, but I did pull a swimming cap over my face. The Royal Order and Army of the Roach...there were Speedos and togas involved in some of our pranks, as well. Oh, and kilts.

It's called tailgating for a reason. I remember pulling in a couple of years ago and most of the empty parking spaces were taken up by folks tents, chairs, grills, etc... I know that the decision to go to "festival parking" was not a popular one and could have been handled better, but they have to plan for the day when the parking lot will be consistently full.

Now, I do think that you should be able to use as many spaces as you have passes for.

It just seems like Rick V, who did such an awesome job getting tailgating for us, is letting Ms. Power Trip screw up even more of the good stuff he had going.

I've talked to her twice about the tailgating policies and her excuse is to make sure there is enough parking for all who attend on game day. I see where she is coming from but that doesn't help me and "THE OTHERS" who think along the same lines.

It just makes me too stressed out so I have chosen to forgo that route and tailgate with the students this year. I'll see how that works out?

This is like the umbrella rule last year for the Arkansas game. It's clod and rainy and we walk up to the gate with umbrella's only to be turned back. Man was I pissed off, there were MAYBE 3000 people in the stands, my umbrella was not going to be in the way of anybody instead I got soaked because I was unaware of the UNT umbrella rule.

Ooohhh wait...there was one with fishnets but I don't think the swimming cap was involved...our Bruce Hall Truth or Dare night led to me having the drag queens on B200 put me in drag.

Hickory--there wasn't really tailgating back then. Do I know you?

Edited by JesseMartin