Tulsa Closed Their Scrimmage

MCMLXXX

Bet it won't last.

LOL, especially since the cause for closing the practices was partially attributed to stuff talked about on our message board last year.

This brings up a good point. Message boards are a great place for fans to get to gether & discuss things. And as innocent as it seems, discussing specific things that go on during practice can get picked up by anyone "lurking" on an open board.

In fact, there was an instance where some coaches were quoted as stating that they have several p[eople scouring the message boards looking for both their opponents discussions, as well as the stuff mentioned on their on fan sites.

In this day & age of openess, closed practices will become the norm.

LOL, especially since the cause for closing the practices was partially attributed to stuff talked about on our message board last year.

This brings up a good point. Message boards are a great place for fans to get to gether & discuss things. And as innocent as it seems, discussing specific things that go on during practice can get picked up by anyone "lurking" on an open board.

In fact, there was an instance where some coaches were quoted as stating that they have several p[eople scouring the message boards looking for both their opponents discussions, as well as the stuff mentioned on their on fan sites.

In this day & age of openess, closed practices will become the norm.

It really just depends on what schools close and which one's don't. Petrino is allowing Hog fans the ability to come out and watch practice for the first two weeks, including scrimages and they are installing a completely new offense. So far, up to today they have not gone back on their original plans and are allowing folks to come and watch.

And as innocent as it seems, discussing specific things that go on during practice.....

I fully understand how some things could be critical or sensitive in nature. We currently have one troll here who continues to give out sensitive information, including specifics about injuries. However, our mods are pretty good here at GMG.com about keeping on top of it.

Rick

I fully understand how some things could be critical or sensitive in nature. We currently have one troll here who continues to give out sensitive information, including specifics about injuries. However, our mods are pretty good here at GMG.com about keeping on top of it.

Rick

Rick, my news about Rucker wasn't sensitive. It was a fact. An injury is not sensitive, its not anything but information that eventually comes out. My post to the board just came before Vito's post, so that makes it sensitive? Quit smoking your weed while playing that their guitar. It makes your head fuzzy.

So when did giving out factual injury information become critical? What is wrong with asking a training staff member what is wrong with a player when someone goes down? For gosh sakes, this is August. I will change my avatar just for you Rick.

Rick, my news about Rucker wasn't sensitive. It was a fact. An injury is not sensitive, its not anything but information that eventually comes out. My post to the board just came before Vito's post, so that makes it sensitive? Quit smoking your weed while playing that their guitar. It makes your head fuzzy.

So when did giving out factual injury information become critical? What is wrong with asking a training staff member what is wrong with a player when someone goes down? For gosh sakes, this is August. I will change my avatar just for you Rick.

Part of the problem with your Rucker post was stating the nature of the injury which violates HIPPA laws. You will notice that Vito, nor any other reporter, has stated the exact nature of the injury other than it was a shoulder injury.

Aside from violating the law, nope, nothing wrong with it.