Unt Fall Camp Underway

Harry

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'll say it again, and I've said it from day one....watch out for Draylon Ross.

It will be interesting to see how Rucker progresses. A 6'6 WR is a huge advantage. Wonder how fast he is and what his verticle is??? Could be a big weapon to have in the red zone.

I don't know his vertical but his 40 speed was listed at 4.56.

Offense way ahead of schedule. You could tell who put in some major league time this summer. Several drops by WR's people are raving about. The steady group of Stickler, Casey, Dibrell, and both Breece and Rod looked the part. Rucker is fairly polished for a young receiver. Rucker played in the slot tonight.

OL is going to be very competitive and interesting to see who comes out on top. Let's face, Juco's are brought in to play, but will they be able to pick up the system and be comfortable in a two point stance. Major league competition in the secondary.

Very good opening practice. Pads on Friday is a can't miss.

If anyone attends practice....here are some of the new players numbers. You have to guess since the Ath. Dept. hasn't updated the roster on the official site:

John Shorter---18

Desmond Brigham---1

Kenny Barrett--81

Forrest Rucker---89

Nate Jenkins---79

Gabe Hollivay---69

Brandon Akpunku---47

I hope I'm right on those......

Rucker is going to be really fun to watch. With him and Sam Roberson we have really tall and athletic WRs.

If anyone attends practice....here are some of the new players numbers. You have to guess since the Ath. Dept. hasn't updated the roster on the official site:

John Shorter---18

Desmond Brigham---1

Kenny Barrett--81

Forrest Rucker---89

Nate Jenkins---79

Gabe Hollivay---69

Brandon Akpunku---47

Rucker is going to be really fun to watch. With him and Sam Roberson we have really tall and athletic WRs.

Thanks for the updates. Is practice everyday this week open and what time does it start?

John Shorter---18

Desmond Brigham---1

Kenny Barrett--81

Forrest Rucker---89

Nate Jenkins---79

Gabe Hollivay---69

Brandon Akpunku---47

Thanks for the information. Will to Win and I were out there last night and had trouble putting names to numbers, except for Hollivay, Jenkins, and Rucker. They kind of stand out.

Deloach was really getting after the defense, and I think they will work far better as a unit this season.

The offense looked very sharp for the first day, but that could change next week when the pads go on.

Nice article. Good comments on the skill positions and Draylen Ross. Too bad about Fentriss. I really wanted to see him in this offense, but if we had to lose a player, at least it is at our deepest position. Sounds like Rodge needs a RS year to mature physically, which would be a good thing allowing another year between him and Vizza. Nice comments on the RB's too.

Nice article. Good comments on the skill positions and Draylen Ross. Too bad about Fentriss. I really wanted to see him in this offense, but if we had to lose a player, at least it is at our deepest position. Sounds like Rodge needs a RS year to mature physically, which would be a good thing allowing another year between him and Vizza. Nice comments on the RB's too.

just a thought here - Rodge will be backup by the time Sun Belt games start.

John Shorter---18

Desmond Brigham---1

Kenny Barrett--81

Forrest Rucker---89

Nate Jenkins---79

Gabe Hollivay---69

Brandon Akpunku---47

89 is a great college end number