Untflyer

emmitt01

My assumption is that you would have to be part of the UNT network. Generally this is only possible if you have an email from UNT. That would pretty much limit it to recent and current students or faculty and staff.

These are settings that can be controlled by the group mod.

I'm guessing you're right, and that the group is not global.

These are settings that can be controlled by the group mod.

I'm guessing you're right, and that the group is not global.

At this time, we are restricting membership to those in the North Texas network. It is "Students for a New Stadium". But I appreciate the support. We are just a couple members away from 600

Any particular reason someone should not create a global group? something that alumn/fans/current students can join...

Because we are so close to having a referendum placed before the students, we felt that a facebook group focused on getting the correct information out was needed. What we didn't want were non-interested parties (fans and students of other schools) mucking up the campaign. We kept the group semi-closed to get members only from the UNT network.

Good Idea, but it is sad that our hopes of a new football stadium as amounted to a new group being posted on facebook, nonetheless I joined and sent invites to over 150 friends....

What has athletic officials been doing this entire time that nothing significant has developed....This is probably more of a step forward than anyone at UNT has done so far....

Can't believe that this will go to the students for another vote after it was attempted before in 7 years ago, can't believe it, 7 years is way too long. Nothing developed in those 7 years.

Hands down Huge failure on the part of the Athletic Department.

Because we are so close to having a referendum placed before the students, we felt that a facebook group focused on getting the correct information out was needed. What we didn't want were non-interested parties (fans and students of other schools) mucking up the campaign. We kept the group semi-closed to get members only from the UNT network.

Good concept.

I joined the group, but am no longer a student. I also invited others to join, although most of them are alums as well.

Even though I know I can't vote, I wanted to have it as a group that I belonged to so more people could see it. I figured the same for my friends that have also graduated that joined the group.

I am 100% behind your group, but I will leave the group if you want it to only be students. I figured, the more marketing of the message you are putting out there, the better.

And the creator of the group isn't even a student.

I was just reading some of the anti-stadium comments and it got my blood boiling. The ignorance of the comments is astounding. These people have absolutely no idea of what they are talking about, yet they will be the ones to vote.

Here are some of the comments that drove me crazy:

From "Samantha"

If you think your facilities are sub par then do a fund raiser like other departments. You can't fill your stadium because no one wants to come, a fancy one is not going to change that. As to the fact that all students pay for the library, bus system, and rec center, well, students are encouraged to use those free services. Every student is allowed access to those services at all times. What does an upgraded stadium do. Do we receive a service there? no. Are allowed access anytime? No. Do all students use it? no. A new stadium does not make the college experience better for all of us it makes it cushier for you.

If there wasn't a stadium already I'd be all for building one, but you have one that works just fine. All of the public access areas are fine, it holds all of the fans with plenty of extra room and there is plenty of space for the food and concession stands which wraps up the needs of the fans. As to the other areas you're complaining about, those are not public access are they? Those other services (library, rec, buses...) are there specifically for the students and they can use it anytime not just to come and watch football. This is not high school, football is not everything. Students should not come here because of a stadium they should come to learn, since this is college which is what the rest of us are here for. That reason that you need a new stadium to get new fans has nothing to do with the school. You just want more people cheering for you.

and "Kristin"

Please, it goes both ways. Have a decent team (one that at least tries) and you will build up enough support from the students to get a stadium that can expand of that decent team. (not that we have much of a say in the matter either way) I came from an area that had a crappy everything compared to everyone else and we did pretty well in just about all are extra-curriculars because we tried, not because we got all the awesome people because we had pretty stuff. I see what you are saying and that does have a leg to stand on however, that leg needs a body first and without a team that can create that body, the leg isn't worth much... but you do still have that leg. I do believe we will have a great team one day and that team will have a great field. I just hope is starts with this coming year with Dodge being able to get his tactics in a little better.

Let me put it this way, I have faith the team will prove me wrong. I just can't agree to this new field, personally, until that happens.

"One that, at least, tries" ---- grrrr... :angry: I bet she's been to ZERO games. I wonder if she ever tries to study for her tests or tries to make a good grade and ends up with a "C" instead?? Some would say she must not have tried very hard...and they would be just as ignorant as she is.