10 Items You Think Make You Look Cool

I loved #4, although I think they should have lumped the beanies with little hat brims in with the Castro hat. If I never saw another hipster rocking one of those two I think I'd be alright.

Gotta disagree...kinda a fan of the Castro...although I am part hipster (not the ball hugging jean, neon sunglass wearing emo type who thinks Bright Eyes really speaks to him...rather the vintage lacoste v-neck sweater, aviator sunglass wearing really wants a sleeve tattoo and thinks Elliott Smith really speaks to him type).

Also...my girlfriend has an iPhone and she came in town a few weeks ago and we drove up to Boston...an absolute lifesaver trying to figure out those ridiculously conceived roadways. I guess any internet phone can do that...but I love Apple and have no problem with people who rock the iPhone. Now if they have a bluetooth...totally different story

WHY YOU’RE NOT COOL: You know why the Communist Cuba Military can get away with wearing them? Because they carry automatic weapons. You most likely carry a compilation book of Charles Bukowski poems. The tiny bill and camoflauged coloring make you look like a retarded son of a army ranger who had a pair of scissors and access to his father’s closet. I realize you want to tell the world you’re a non-comformist, but unfortunately being a non-conformist means you’re conforming to non-conformism. You might want to ponder that at that next record release party for a band no one’s heard of that you’re pretending to like.

Gotta disagree...kinda a fan of the Castro...although I am part hipster (not the ball hugging jean, neon sunglass wearing emo type who thinks Bright Eyes really speaks to him...rather the vintage lacoste v-neck sweater, aviator sunglass wearing really wants a sleeve tattoo and thinks Elliott Smith really speaks to him type).

Also...my girlfriend has an iPhone and she came in town a few weeks ago and we drove up to Boston...an absolute lifesaver trying to figure out those ridiculously conceived roadways. I guess any internet phone can do that...but I love Apple and have no problem with people who rock the iPhone. Now if they have a bluetooth...totally different story

stop. being. serious.

and I too would love to sport a sleeve... if I could just get a job that didn't require me to look so fresh and so clean clean (ie, not corporate america).

In other news, Crocs are also an epic FAIL.

stop. being. serious.

and I too would love to sport a sleeve... if I could just get a job that didn't require me to look so fresh and so clean clean (ie, not corporate america).

This seems as good a spot as any to put in a plug for my new favorite website: http://failblog.org/

stop. being. serious.

I've got said job...maybe I'll start this weekend.

Failblog is such greatness

They left the nation's saddest example of uncool off the list, perhaps out of sheer pity for the fools. The poor desperate wretches that felt so rejected by society that they needed to purchase "cool in a can".

Harley Davidson should be sued for taking advantage of these feeble and week minded of society by promoting "We're not selling you a motorcycle, were selling you a lifestyle."

OK, so nitwits can invest in a bike, buy some black leather clothing, get a few tattoos, maybe an ear piercing or two, and presto, they're cool.

So all you really have to do is give up a wad of cash and cast aside your individuality and you can conform with all the other pretend-bikers in the yippee little pretend-biker bars.

29773-004.jpg

Really, really, you're not selling out, you're buying a lifestyle! This is as important to your image as those disco outfits, oversize perm. platform shoes and big jewelry were in the late 70's.

Edited by ADLER

Chain wallet?

They left the nation's saddest example of uncool off the list, perhaps out of sheer pity for the fools. The poor desperate wretches that felt so rejected by society that they needed to purchase "cool in a can".

Harley Davidson should be sued for taking advantage of these feeble and week minded of society by promoting "We're not selling you a motorcycle, were selling you a lifestyle."

OK, so nitwits can invest in a bike, buy some black leather clothing, get a few tattoos, maybe an ear piercing or two, and presto, they're cool.

So all you really have to do is give up a wad of cash and cast aside your individuality and you can conform with all the other pretend-bikers in the yippee little pretend-biker bars.

29773-004.jpg

Really, really, you're not selling out, you're buying a lifestyle! This is as important to your image as those disco outfits and oversize perm big jewelry were in the late 70's.

Agreed...the only motorized two wheeled vehicle for me...Seafoam Green Vespa!

Vespa-Scooter.png

Couldn't we just say Affliction Shirts in general, regardless of physicality? Maybe throw "Tap Out" in there as well...

I second the motion. Is there a reason that I'm not aware of as to why all Affliction/Tap Out shirts must be purchased 2 sizes too small?

These days the MMA douche is beginning to outnumber the Texas douche....

I second the motion. Is there a reason that I'm not aware of as to why all Affliction/Tap Out shirts must be purchased 2 sizes too small?

These days the MMA douche is beginning to outnumber the Texas douche....

I was beginning to think the same thing - but lately there's been a Texas douche resurgence. I counted 14 at the Saturday night Roughriders game (8 with two or more Texas clothing items), there was one at a Twins home game yesterday and I am hearing reports of many more at the Rangers game tonight. It only seems like there are less Texas douches because there just aren't as many places to look.

I was beginning to think the same thing - but lately there's been a Texas douche resurgence. I counted 14 at the Saturday night Roughriders game (8 with two or more Texas clothing items), there was one at a Twins home game yesterday and I am hearing reports of many more at the Rangers game tonight. It only seems like there are less Texas douches because there just aren't as many places to look.

If I only had the energy I'd get a blog up and running in which readers could submit their own douche encounters. Ever since BaD Radio discussed the rules a year or two ago I can't go out in public without seeing 3 or 4, (I do have to admit however that I play the role of North Texas douche from time to time). You don't know how excited I get whenever I spot the elusive Baylor douche. Even spotted a Tarleton douche at a firework stand last weekend. Sadly I never seem to be around anyone who understands why I'm constantly pointing them out.

If I only had the energy I'd get a blog up and running in which readers could submit their own douche encounters. Ever since BaD Radio discussed the rules a year or two ago I can't go out in public without seeing 3 or 4, (I do have to admit however that I play the role of North Texas douche from time to time). You don't know how excited I get whenever I spot the elusive Baylor douche. Even spotted a Tarleton douche at a firework stand last weekend. Sadly I never seem to be around anyone who understands why I'm constantly pointing them out.

We've been doing douche-spotting on TY Sports for a long time. It was even my halloween costume. Just clink the link in my sig and search "douche" and there will be a bounty of material.

Sometimes we even share our findings with Bob... :ph34r: