Uta= Unbelievably Tainted Athletics

DallasGreen

They've had the best wheelchair basketball team in the country for quite some time, but I don't either of those squads could stay on the same court with Memphis. I'm interested to see if the Mavs can give anywhere near the game we gave Tigers last year.

Congrats to the laughing stock of college basketball and their home court "stage" review. Not only did you clobber NT on the stage, you pulled off a bid without facing a talented SFA team. Enjoy it while you can 'cause like NT you'll be one and done in the NCAA. As an NT alum I'm sad to be passed by by an SLC team but with our admins and students I can't say we don't dserve what we have gotten-------- a lot of nothing. Just lies and promises of "potential".

WTF.

Seriously, WTF.

I miss the crazier version of Dallas Green that made t-shirts of Ponies getting violated by Eagles and just ranted about SMU only. This UTA thing is dangerous territory.

Congrats to the laughing stock of college basketball and their home court "stage" review. Not only did you clobber NT on the stage, you pulled off a bid without facing a talented SFA team. Enjoy it while you can 'cause like NT you'll be one and done in the NCAA. As an NT alum I'm sad to be passed by by an SLC team but with our admins and students I can't say we don't dserve what we have gotten-------- a lot of nothing. Just lies and promises of "potential".

Wow. A classy post like this really deserves some kind of snappy rejoinder. However, I'm tired from all the celebrating and will only take the time to post our schedule and results this month. You may note that we defeated SFA by ten points on 1 March. They were the number 1 team in the SLC at the time and until we beat them, they were undefeated at home. Note also, we defeated Lamar and Sam Houston State in the tournament and they were the number 2 and 3 teams in the regular season standings.

Talking smack about our basketball venue (where we have won 18 of the last 20 games) is not particularly original or entertaining. I hope we will get an arena soon and I'm pretty sure we will get it before you get a new football stadium or baseball team. ;)

March 1 at Stephen F. Austin W 75-65 18-10 (7-8)

March 8 at Texas State L 97-86 18-11 (7-9)

March 13 at Lamar W 81-75 19-11 (7-9)

March 14 at Sam Houston State W 72-66 20-11 (7-9)

March 16 at Northwestern State W 82-79 21-11 (7-9)

March 21 at No. 3 Memphis 9:55 PM ET

Edited by Duck_Mav

Thanks to all the classy guys on this board who have made their posts! Like just about any board, you have a few nuts, but you are loaded with good sports and sportmen. Thank you for your good wishes at this time for Scott Cross and our team. Me, I set-aside my local prejudices when the time comes and root for all Texas teams. That's my default position and rule of thumb.

We all know what it means to go against #1 seed Memphis and their towering giants. But, hell, we are IN. That's what freakin' counts. Forever more, we don't have to read all the sports reports writing, "never made the NCAA tournament in school history." The MONKEY IS OFF OUR BACK. That's over...finished.

The publicity is fabulous in the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram today. The Morning News has a picture of Scott Cross at the top of their front page cutting the nets. Absolutely beautiful. We Maverick fans are just soaking this up. You guys have been there (twice, I think), so you know the elation.

Bless Scott Cross, and bless every member of our squad. Play hard on Friday; you have nothing to lose.

Thanks to all the classy guys on this board who have made their posts! Like just about any board, you have a few nuts, but you are loaded with good sports and sportmen. Thank you for your good wishes at this time for Scott Cross and our team. Me, I set-aside my local prejudices when the time comes and root for all Texas teams. That's my default position and rule of thumb.

We all know what it means to go against #1 seed Memphis and their towering giants. But, hell, we are IN. That's what freakin' counts. Forever more, we don't have to read all the sports reports writing, "never made the NCAA tournament in school history." The MONKEY IS OFF OUR BACK. That's over...finished.

The publicity is fabulous in the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram today. The Morning News has a picture of Scott Cross at the top of their front page cutting the nets. Absolutely beautiful. We Maverick fans are just soaking this up. You guys have been there (twice, I think), so you know the elation.

Bless Scott Cross, and bless every member of our squad. Play hard on Friday; you have nothing to lose.

That's why it's called March Madness. In basketball (unlike in football) you get down to business between the lines and the last team standing is the victor.

Best of luck to the Arlington version of UT...can't say the same for the Austin one. :lol:

Why even respond to a loser post like this? This guys a douche. Go Mavs!!

Wow. A classy post like this really deserves some kind of snappy rejoinder. However, I'm tired from all the celebrating and will only take the time to post our schedule and results this month. You may note that we defeated SFA by ten points on 1 March. They were the number 1 team in the SLC at the time and until we beat them, they were undefeated at home. Note also, we defeated Lamar and Sam Houston State in the tournament and they were the number 2 and 3 teams in the regular season standings.

Talking smack about our basketball venue (where we have won 18 of the last 20 games) is not particularly original or entertaining. I hope we will get an arena soon and I'm pretty sure we will get it before you get a new football stadium or baseball team. ;)

March 1 at Stephen F. Austin W 75-65 18-10 (7-8)

March 8 at Texas State L 97-86 18-11 (7-9)

March 13 at Lamar W 81-75 19-11 (7-9)

March 14 at Sam Houston State W 72-66 20-11 (7-9)

March 16 at Northwestern State W 82-79 21-11 (7-9)

March 21 at No. 3 Memphis 9:55 PM ET

You know what you are probably right

thank you UNT Athletic Department.

For what? :blink:

Read more slowly next time...he was referring to the last line of Duck_Mav's post, the one about how they will have a new basketball venue before we get a football stadium. Playmaker was basically saying, sarcastically, thanks to our athletic department which has yet to deliver on the promise of a stadium.

DallsGreen...SAD VERY SAD that you feel you had to post such a "bunch of pity party"! No class at all...why hammer UTA for going to the Dance???

I say, way to go UTA...nice job...I will hope beyond hope that UTA beats Memphis. I am sorry some folks just have to be so negative. UTA had a great year...I do recall they beat UNT on "the stage"....as UNT fans, we should wish them well and congratulations on a nice season. SO>>>>>

Congratulations on a NIce Sean, Mavs and good luck at THE DANCE. I'll be pulling for a MAVS win! :clapping:

For those interested in this stuff (and possibly out of the area), here are a couple of nice articles appearing in today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/536217.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/arlington_new...ory/536132.html

Here is a super column by Jim Reeves at the S-T. It was on the front of the sports section. Scott Cross is a compelling story.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/column...ory/533372.html

UTA played a solid first half. Memphis is up 45-31 at the break, but the Mavs kept it between 8-12 thru most of the opening stanza. A bounce here or there and they could only be down 7-8 right now. Even if the Tigers blow'em away in the 2nd(which I suspect will happen) - this is a good showing by UTA.

• 3 weeks later...

UTA played a solid first half. Memphis is up 45-31 at the break, but the Mavs kept it between 8-12 thru most of the opening stanza. A bounce here or there and they could only be down 7-8 right now. Even if the Tigers blow'em away in the 2nd(which I suspect will happen) - this is a good showing by UTA.

Thanks, it ended up 87-63, so we beat the line by one point. UT did a little better, but were also crushed. Memphis had awesome talent, but as we all saw, they had a problem with free throws at the end in the finals against KU. Hopefully, next year UNT and UTA will both go dancing, and maybe with a little luck, neither of us will have to play Memphis again for a while.

Thanks, it ended up 87-63, so we beat the line by one point. UT did a little better, but were also crushed. Memphis had awesome talent, but as we all saw, they had a problem with free throws at the end in the finals against KU. Hopefully, next year UNT and UTA will both go dancing, and maybe with a little luck, neither of us will have to play Memphis again for a while.

I am very proud of Scott Cross and the Mavericks. They did a hell of a job. As a DMN columnist wrote, the score wasn't indicative of the attack and never-give-up Mavs. They played hard, with heart, the whole way, which made the game entertaining. The Memphis fans said on their board after the game, the Mavs didn't lay down like some other 16 seeds did.

Yeah, Memphis was a hell of a squad...a bunch of future draft picks. They nearly won the whole thing, except for choking at the line in the final minutes of the championship game...but that's the game.

Side note for those who are still old fashioned and believe college sports should resemble the educational institutions they represent: number of players Calapari has graduated: zero.

I believe UNT and UTA are in the 30-40% range for graduation rates in their men's programs. I think those are respectable figures, considering transfers and what-not.

Hope we play you guys again this upcoming season, which would be in the Super Pit.