South Alabama Close To The Ap Top 25

SUMG

I believe you, but do you think the panel would second guess if, say, they got blown out by a team that lost in the next round (sorry, don't have the bracket/names in front of me)

Like say UNO blows'em out by 25? Probably a bit shaky, but I'd guess they'd still get in.

On the ESPN Ticker this morning it had WKU as one of the last Four Out alongside Kentucky and the 2 others I can not remember. If USA and WKU meet in the finals then the Belt will get 2 bids. If USA makes the finals then Belt will get two.

I believe you, but do you think the panel would second guess if, say, they got blown out by a team that lost in the next round (sorry, don't have the bracket/names in front of me)

I think they are in, only if they lose in the championship game... that's just the way the ncaa see this league, what else is new. They are one of those "on the bubble" teams.

Edited by filmerj

I think they are in, only if they lose in the championship game... that's just the way the ncaa see this league, what else is new. They are one of those "on the bubble" teams.

i agree. in my opinion, USA has a grand advantage because their path should take them straight to the championship game. [the benefit of being the #1 seed]

so if they lose before the Championship game, I don't see them getting into the NCAA tournament.

Most projected brackets I see have USA in the 8 or 9 seed range. Folks, they are in.

I think it would be a travesty...but if UNO beats USA I could easilly see the NCAA snubbing the Jags. Win one and its a lock.

As for WKU...they need to make the championship game for an at large...and even then I think they're looking at a 13 or 14 seed.

Schools formerly known as mid-majors always need to keep their cornholes covered when the NCAA starts handing out at large bids. And, the trend is getting worse not better.

Number of non-BCS at-large bids:

2005..... 9

2006..... 8 (This is the year 11th seed, non-BCS George Mason made it to the Final Four. Expectations were for more, not less, at-large bids for non-BCS schools)

Schools with sub-40 RPI ratings that were shafted by the NCAA committee:

2004.....#38...LSU..................18-10

2005.....All teams with RPI's of 1-40 made the NCAA tournament.

2006.....#21...Missouri State...20-8

............#30...Hofstra.............24-6

............#39...Creighton.........19-9

2007.....#30...Air Force...........22-8

............#36...Missouri State....21-10

............#38...Bradley.............20-12

Edited by Buford_Julep

The Chair of the Selection Committee is the AD of George Mason this year.

Besides Mr. O'Connor, the Commissioner of the Horizon League, the AD of Utah, the Kent State AD, the UC-Riverside AD, and the UT San Antonio AD on the Committee. So 6 of the 10 committee members are from non Power league schools.

Edited by CMJ