Vito Confirms, Drake To Have Surgery Tomorrow

Harry

There is a pretty interesting story behind how Drake wound up having surgery this far after the season for an injury that occurred on Oct. 27. For the complete story, see tomorrow's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle.

October 27th? Wow, I could have sworn it only happened on February 13th, 2008? Could this be the reason we rotated 7 O linemen for the final 4 games of the season?

Rick

He didn't break any news... it's not news when you have no idea what and to whom his report is concerning. It is annoying.

He's not being nice, pleasant or as forthcoming as most would want, but that doesn't make him less right.

My take on his post was it's obvious he knew something the first time he posted. I'm not questioning credibility, but I am questioning motives.

He knows what he knows, it's just the way he posted that kind of set everyone off. "I know something you don't and I'm not telling" is a kind of childish way of doing it. Divulging some sort of tangible information while keeping sources hidden is an art. Obviously he hasn't mastered it yet, as all he managed to do was annoy people. You can't really indicate something with a statement so broad it could encompass just about anything or anyone.

He said a player was missed diagnosed. There, in fact, was a player misdiagnosed. He didn't say who it was, which doesn't make his statement any less true, or his personality any more palatable. I don't care about a player being misdiagnosed until I find out who it is and how bad it is. Revealing half truths isn't a way to release information to people, because they don't care about it. Add in the editorial and sensationalizing teasing manner in which he did it and people tend to wonder just what is this guy trying to prove?

(and the demand for an apology from people who questioned a first time poster - WTF? man you have to expect some of that!)

It's like a comedian telling inside jokes: They aren't funny unless you know the rest of the story. Except in this case: you aren't a source unless you can tell you're audience the rest of the story.

Edited by MeanMag

October 27th? Wow, I could have sworn it only happened on February 13th, 2008? Could this be the reason we rotated 7 O linemen for the final 4 games of the season?

Rick

That sir is brilliant. Well done and so observant, nobody saw that. Kudos to you.

Vito, your quick to the draw. Well done.

Edited by nautique