Scout.com Rates

eulesseagle

When was the last time a school took 13 players in one class to play DB or WR

The number one recruiting class in the country took 13: http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...08&School=2

You recruit according to need. We are progressing from a low-scoring run-based offense to a high-octane passing offense that requires more receivers.

And if you watched any of our games last year, I'm sure you saw that we needed speed in the defensive backfield.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Good thing the 3 credit scoring agencies don't work the same way.

*chuckle*

No, MTSU seems to beat us every year, but it always comes down to the coaching to really determine who had the best recruiting results.

But did they really beat us every year................because most of our * star * (ed) signees were (and are) Texas High School Football (gol' darn, I like the sound of those 4 words); anyway, they were products of the best damn high school football in the USA!

Yes, in deed, most of our signees were products of THSF and, uh, sorry, MUTS, but yalls were/are not.

Remember all those years when yall won those ridiculous "sexy" titles by some Southern Dummy media-types?, You know, back in those days when yalls "caca 'stanketh not" and all that other hullaballooley? Well, just who was it that kept beating yall when things were on the line? (OK, darn it, I give DD his due with those wins); BUT...........just who was it that kept winning those important matchups? Well.. wasn't it the team in green (the ones with all our players not as highly ranked as yalls Tennessee plow boys who somehow are born with "media-produced" 2 stars before they even play their first game of pee-wee football)...........

............ yet it was still the team in green that seemed to prevail all those years, right?.

...now, lets see what we, ie, UNT can do with some pedigreed classes (such as this year's class according to some recruiting services) and hopefully we continue such on an annual basis (instead of just one nicely ranked class to live our next 4 years on).

It's All Green &...It's All Good!(right FFR)?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I am a big fan of the the phrase "It's Al Green and it's all good." He is such a great singer.

:lol:

Well, old school R & B Al Green is a favorite of many but it was that other phrase which was coined by Mean Green Super Fan FFR. Fellow Parker County-ite "Fire-Fighter" just lets me borrow that phrase from time to time, that's all.

GMG!

Agreed. Anyone who doesn't love the Reverend is nobody I want to know.

TTG, Reverend Al wrote one of my favorite Glen Frey solos of all time (well, maybe my own all time list for Frey, that is) with Green's "True Love." I have a super karaoke CD+G disc of that Frey hit with background vocals that sound almost like Frey's original hit.

Sorry, now back to topic...

HOW 'BOUT THOSE MEAN GREEN! :D

Guest 97and03

Just remember all that offense is great but if you look at last year we needed to stop a few people. Defense wins championships and RV and TD need to be sure that DeLoach gets what he needs. When you score in a hurry the big guys have to play more and they get tired.

Two words - Alonzo Horton.

Plus the crop of athletes the staff brought in to play CB and Safety...Very impressive.

Agreed but we need some more folks to stop them before they get into the secondary. Not good news when corners are your leading tackerlers and not Linebackers. We scored a lot of points in some games last year and it turned out in most to not be enough. The greatest addition to the Mean Green this year is not a player but Coach DeLoach.