Espn Bottom 10

StealthEagle84

Yeah...yeah...yeah..., enough already. We know, our season was terrible. We dont need to be on any list to remember that? I know we deserve most of what they are saying right now. BUT, with a new defensive coordinator comes renewed hope. I could be jumping the gun a little, but on the slightest chance that Deloach comes back and ressurects this defense... think about what we could be seeing next season? Could there be another Brad Kassell, Cody Spencer, or Chris Hurd in this group? Toby Nwigwe, Colt Mahan, Craig Robertson, etc... there is big-time talent on this defense. I say it can be done if Deloach says it can be done? Do we have another Darrell Daniels, Adrian Awasome, or even a Even Cardwell out there?... It might be a bit much to expect the second coming of Brandon Kennedy, but I see Eddie Gilmore and Kail Krider with a lot of talent. Joesph Miller had a monster year at DT and could be huge as a senior under Deloach. My point is that we could be on the verge of seeing something very special in these players, they just need someone who can convince them they are better than the guy across from them...no matter the jersey?

Count me in for more money if RV manages another miracle and gets our guy. (yes, I know Coach Dodge really hires the DC, but RV got Todd Dodge to come here, and most of us didnt think that would happen?) Now let's get Deloach back here and get on with this thing! I know we are all tired of talking about it, so why do we? Simple; we got used to winning, bowl games, and New Orleans vacations. Three straight years of losing is enough. We've paid our dues.

Get Coach D back here, and dont look back.

GMG!!!

Yeah...yeah...yeah..., enough already. We know, our season was terrible. We dont need to be on any list to remember that? I know we deserve most of what they are saying right now. BUT, with a new defensive coordinator comes renewed hope. I could be jumping the gun a little, but on the slightest chance that Deloach comes back and ressurects this defense... think about what we could be seeing next season? Could there be another Brad Kassell, Cody Spencer, or Chris Hurd in this group? Toby Nwigwe, Colt Mahan, Craig Robertson, etc... there is big-time talent on this defense. I say it can be done if Deloach says it can be done? Do we have another Darrell Daniels, Adrian Awasome, or even a Even Cardwell out there?... It might be a bit much to expect the second coming of Brandon Kennedy, but I see Eddie Gilmore and Kail Krider with a lot of talent. Joesph Miller had a monster year at DT and could be huge as a senior under Deloach. My point is that we could be on the verge of seeing something very special in these players, they just need someone who can convince them they are better than the guy across from them...no matter the jersey?

Count me in for more money if RV manages another miracle and gets our guy. (yes, I know Coach Dodge really hires the DC, but RV got Todd Dodge to come here, and most of us didnt think that would happen?) Now let's get Deloach back here and get on with this thing! I know we are all tired of talking about it, so why do we? Simple; we got used to winning, bowl games, and New Orleans vacations. Three straight years of losing is enough. We've paid our dues.

Get Coach D back here, and dont look back.

GMG!!!

Take a look at our OOC schedule --three certain loses ( LSU,KSU,& Tulsa--one maybe in Rice @ Houston--remember they beat SMU which we lost to by 2 TDs). We didn't exactly waltz through the SBC either--whippings by both FL schools, Lafayette, Troy, and MTSU were all sound butt kickings. Take Off the green colored glasses--we are 4-8 at the very best while SMU will be 8-4 and in the hunt in C-USA, but we find it much easier to lose than most and tend to give a three or four year plan rather than expecting results NOW!!!

Edited by DallasGreen

Take a look at our OOC schedule --three certain loses ( LSU,KSU,& Tulsa--one maybe in Rice @ Houston--remember they beat SMU which we lost to by 2 TDs). We didn't exactly waltz through the SBC either--whippings by both FL schools, Lafayette, Troy, and MTSU were all sound butt kickings. Take Off the green colored glasses--we are 4-8 at the very best while SMU will be 8-4 and in the hunt in C-USA, but we find it much easier to lose than most and tend to give a three or four year plan rather than expecting results NOW!!!

I don't know if you realize this, or not, but SMU has their season ticket packages up and ready for next year.

The only for sure loss on there is LSU. Its not like K-State is a stellar program anymore. They got drummed by Nebraska 73-31. Tulsa is good but I feel we can score plenty of points against those guys. Rice, we can win for sure. And I don't get into the "they beat so and so by 2 TDs who beat us" kind of crap. Lets use the same scenario above for example. K-State beats Texas 41-21, who beat Nebraska, who beat K-State 73-31. Explain that one wise ass. College football is week to week. Each game is its own. People get hurt, different venues, weather conditions, starting QB gets in a bar fight and gets suspended, etc. And I'm with UNTLifer on this one, go get some SMU tickets and watch us kick their ass in a few years when we play again.

Edited by StealthEagle84

The only for sure loss on there is LSU. Its not like K-State is a stellar program anymore. They got drummed by Nebraska 73-31. Tulsa is good but I feel we can score plenty of points against those guys. Rice, we can win for sure. And I don't get into the "they beat so and so by 2 TDs who beat us" kind of crap. Lets use the same scenario above for example. K-State beats Texas 41-21, who beat Nebraska, who beat K-State 73-31. Explain that one wise ass. College football is week to week. Each game is its own. People get hurt, different venues, weather conditions, starting QB gets in a bar fight and gets suspended, etc. And I'm with UNTLifer on this one, go get some SMU tickets and watch us kick their ass in a few years when we play again.

Absolutely LOVE this post!! :clapping:

Absolutely LOVE this post!! :clapping:

ME TOO! What's this crap about SMU being 8-4 with a new coach and not much recruiting to speak of and NT is desitined to suck for years to come. Why does anyone think the 02 defense can't come back? Was DD's recruiting and talent so much better back then?...no. Why sell the current kids short, no reason to think there is not a whole lot more talent on this team to bring up to speed. BTW, I don't wear green colored glasses or drink green kool aid...I don't P in my Post Toasties either! <_<

Let's see....

1)Admit a defensive problem and correct the root problem (Mendoza)?....check

2)Admit we were woefully slow in the defensive backfield and recruit specifically to correct this problem?...check

3)Admit we were woefully slow on special teams and recruit specifically to correct this problem?...check

4)Realize the need to bring in a defensive coordinator who knows NT defenses and has proven he can help win here?....check (Did I mention he won when our offense was run, run, run, punt? Gee, what could he do with an offense?)

5)Admit we were in serious need of a kicker and recruit specifically to correct this problem?...check

6)Satisfy Dallas Green?...Well, some things you just can't do

Let's see....

1)Admit a defensive problem and correct the root problem (Mendoza)?....check

2)Admit we were woefully slow in the defensive backfield and recruit specifically to correct this problem?...check

3)Admit we were woefully slow on special teams and recruit specifically to correct this problem?...check

4)Realize the need to bring in a defensive coordinator who knows NT defenses and has proven he can help win here?....check (Did I mention he won when our offense was run, run, run, punt? Gee, what could he do with an offense?)

5)Admit we were in serious need of a kicker and recruit specifically to correct this problem?...check

6)Satisfy Dallas Green?...Well, some things you just can't do

7) Recognize we need a new stadium that can energize the public and draw the attention of out of town, out of conference opponents that may allow us to play football teams at home that will bring in a good gate like Navy, bring in and help sign recruits, and satisfy DallasGreen....sure wish I could put a CHECK on this one!!

8) anyone??

Edited by GreenExes

7) Recognize we need a new stadium that can energize the public and draw the attention of out of town, out of conference opponents that may allow us to play football teams at home that will bring in a good gate like Navy, bring in and help sign recruits, and satisfy DallasGreen....sure wish I could put a CHECK on this one!!

8) anyone??

8. Get some real recognition and favorable press.

9. Move into a conference with more that 1 bowl tie in and some more respect...and some more respect.

9. I think DallasGreen may be a code name for AustinOrange.

Since NT lost to #2 and #3 ending up at #7 seems pretty generous to me.

I see that the SMUt pony board has their own Bottom 10 listed. I can't figure out how to post a link but go over there. There seems to be the continuity of a little rival that some on this board will not agree exists. Yes SMUt is a bit "miffed" or is that "muffed" that they finished below NT. :lol:

Edited by GreenExes

8. Get some real recognition and favorable press.

9. Move into a conference with more that 1 bowl tie in and some more respect...and some more respect.

9. I think DallasGreen may be a code name for AustinOrange.

Hey look JF, they are beginning to unravel your secrets!! Run for the hills...I mean Hill Country!!

Yup. Remember when MTSU was supposedly a "guaranteed loss"? Let's hope that this comeback is an even bigger one. We've had times when we went from Power 16 to Bottom 10 to Conference Champs, so let's not be too negative right now, shall we?

The beginning of our huge Sun Belt run...pretty much everybody expected us to get destroyed by them. Outside of UNT, that is.

Not that first year in 2001. We were 0-5 coming off a loss to Monroe and the MuTS were 5-0 with although it was Vandy it was still a win over a BCS team. We won and started the conference win streak with that game but I'm pretty sure we were expected to lose that game.

Ok without the Cowboys playing today I've been really bored and must not be paying too close of attention I realized the post I was replying to agreed with me.

Edited by NTPhiKap99