Deloach Headed This Way

flyeater

Hope this is for real.

You and me both. We had some pretty good players during his tenure here...but I sincerely believe the man knows what he is doing (no offense to RM), and our success on D was at least in part to his efforts.

#71 Total defense (379.73)

#75 Scoring defense (27.27)

#84 Rusing defense (182.82)

#29 Passing defense (196.91)

#42 Total defense (302.18)

#40 Scoring defense (22.55)

#35 Rushing defense (127.36)

#67 Passing defense (226.82)

#9 Total defense (290.62)

#3 Scoring defense (14.8)

#26 Rushing defense (118.92)

#12 Passing defense (171.62)

1. Butch LaCroix resigns as CB coach. (Hated to lose him, but, IMHO, I don't think his heart is in coaching anymore)

2. Mendoza is let go as DC.

3. Only one position is posted as open on the UNT.edu website.

4. Dorrell is fired at UCLA with DeLoach on staff as secondary coach.

5. Neuhisel (sp?) is hired, and hires a young "up and comer" from USC to coach the secondary.

6. Dodge interviews DeLoach.

7. DeLoach is stated to be "heading back to Texas."

8. DeLoach, connecting this back to #3 above, was secondary coach at UNT prior to becoming DC. Kept secondary duties when elevated to DC, and UNT just so happens to currently need a DC and secondary coach.

If he's not coming back, I'll be shocked!

If this is happening, then I have never been this excited about NT football.

1. Butch LaCroix resigns as CB coach. (Hated to lose him, but, IMHO, I don't think his heart is in coaching anymore)

5. Neuhisel (sp?) is hired, and hires a young "up and comer" from USC to coach the secondary.

8. DeLoach, connecting this back to #3 above, was secondary coach at UNT prior to becoming DC. Kept secondary duties when elevated to DC, and UNT just so happens to currently need a DC and secondary coach.

Good call!

It does all seem to be falling into place or at least appears to be falling into place.

I'm not expecting a 180 in a year... but does the Dodge/DeLoach combo really put us in a REALLY good position to be the next Boise State/Hawaii especially when you consider our recruiting, or am I wearing seriously green glasses?

This is gonna KICK ASS!

Edited by yyz28

now all we need is a Booger, Buckles, Kassel, Spencer and we will be back in the game!

Those guys were talented, but Deloach was able to put them in position to make plays and get the most out of them... something Mendoza failed to do. As good as the above players were at North Texas, none have become NFL stars. Deloach deserves ALOT of credit for how good those UNT defenses were.

DeLoach coming back here would be incredible. Those players were great, but I don't remember them being too highly ranked by the recruiting services except for Buckles, Spencer and maybe a few others. He made the most out of the players we had here. Chris Hurd is a great example that comes to mind. Craig Jones, the d-end McIver I believe, Don McGee, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on. This would be absolutely huge for us!

Wonder why is bio is still up on UCLA's site. That's weird, if a secretary sez he's gone. Guess it'll be down soon.

Butch LaCroix and Ron Mendoza's bio's are still on the MeanGreensports.com and neither are still employed at NT.

Guest 97and03

#71 Total defense (379.73)

#75 Scoring defense (27.27)

#84 Rusing defense (182.82)

#29 Passing defense (196.91)

#42 Total defense (302.18)

#40 Scoring defense (22.55)

#35 Rushing defense (127.36)

#67 Passing defense (226.82)

#9 Total defense (290.62)

#3 Scoring defense (14.8)

#26 Rushing defense (118.92)

#12 Passing defense (171.62)

Anyone want to speculate on how many games we would win with the same offense and 'only' the 2000 defensive numbers? I would take that next year.

Anyone want to speculate on how many games we would win with the same offense and 'only' the 2000 defensive numbers? I would take that next year.

A DeLoach defense in '07 -

Smut - Toast!

FAU - ?

ULL - Toast!

Navy - Toast!

ASU - Toast!

FIU - They wished they had never messed with the Green Curtain! Toast!

Edited by DeepGreen