Firefightn Rick On Channel 8 Interview

Harry

I had to do a double take! He and some other Fort Worth firefighters saved a truckdriver whose truck was hit by a crane! They cut him out of the cab and eased him out saving his life. Awesome job Rick and great interview on the front end of channel 8 news!

Our guys undernieth the crane did an incredible job today. There was so little room they couldn't wear their protective gear even though the ground was covered in diesel fuel and hydralic fluid. 6 inches either way and this would have been a body recovery as usual when dealing with similar heavy equipment accidents but luckily this time it turned out with a happy ending for the victim.

Rick

Our guys undernieth the crane did an incredible job today. There was so little room they couldn't wear their protective gear even though the ground was covered in diesel fuel and hydralic fluid. 6 inches either way and this would have been a body recovery as usual when dealing with similar heavy equipment accidents but luckily this time it turned out with a happy ending for the victim.

Rick

Great job to all those involved!

Is this a new service provided by the city of Fort Worth? :D

Kudos to Rick and all the firefighters for everything they do. Athletes may get all the credit, but firefighters are the real heroes in this country IMO.

Thank a firefighter and police officer every time you meet one. One may save your bacon or that of one of your loved ones someday.

Way to go FFR! I will have to remind all on GMG.com which Texas county FFR & family reside, of course. :rolleyes:

My hat is off to all our public servants on this board like FFF, Emmitt, the Houston MG firefigher (moniker?) and I'm sure others on GMG.com as well.

Hey, so we don't always agree with the methods we'd like our alma mater to use to rise to the top (sooner than later) athletically, but that is most immaterial to what these guys (and gals) lay down on the line every hour of the day to give us all safer living environments.

My Mean Green Hat Is Off To You All!

PS: Rick, I'll be off Mineral Wells Hwy (and your abode) tonight at Willow Gardens dee-jaying Brock ISD's Faculty & Staff Christmas party tonight. If the music gets too loud, you've got my mobile phone number! :lol:

• 3 months later...

There's gonna be a follow up to this rescue tonight on channel 8 at 10 p.m. The victim wanted to meet and thank the rescuers and introduce his family to us and channel 8 covered it. He's doing great, goes to rehab three times a week for his leg and is looking forward to going back to work. Hard to believe it's been 4 months since this happened.

Rick

Guest 97and03

There's gonna be a follow up to this rescue tonight on channel 8 at 10 p.m. The victim wanted to meet and thank the rescuers and introduce his family to us and channel 8 covered it. He's doing great, goes to rehab three times a week for his leg and is looking forward to going back to work. Hard to believe it's been 4 months since this happened.

Rick

I certainly hope you managed to get a plug in for the new stadium.