TCU wins...

CMJ

CD looked better in the second half. I think he may be out of his slump. We can hope.

They caught fire as they hit shots that were defended like they should. You could not defend it any better, but it still looked easy.

These two teams are very even. The difference was the guard play as they were bigger and played a more physical game.

For some reason, the stripes wouldn't let us play as physical as them. I don't know why...maybe we were actually fouling, but I do know that what I felt were the worst calls came at the most inopportune time. But, I guess that is how it happens.

I thought we would win until 33 for TCU got hurt. It was innocent, but it charged them. I still felt we had a shot, but was uneasy the rest...apparently for good reason.

[*]The foul calling by the refs seemed a little lop sided. I noticed one of the refs was the same we had at SMU. <_<

[*]We also got mauled under the basket.

[*]Need more offensive rebounds!!!

[*]TCU just made some good shots while we didn't. sad.gif

[*]We seemed to be a little banged up, since a couple of our players got little or no minutes. (Justin Barnett, angle?, 0 minutes @ Center)

But the new floor looks sweet. They also are working on a new lighting system, which should (strictly my opinion) be completed in before the start of next semester.

Crowd looked nice, but was hushed several times (see refs) when things started clicking. Hopefully, they weren't scared off because of one bad game.

well its just great... now we are the worst team in the metroplex..

sorry, i am just alittle disappointed... I truly believe we have better skill then both teams but we just don't have that edge that others have...

in my opinion, what killed us more than anything was the fact that we could put down our lay ups.... freakin' lay ups.. we couldn't capitalize..

and, i must say, those refs suck.. that one from the smu game is out to get us or something...

CUSA officials, hard to believe that we play 3 or 4 times straight in Fort Worth and then don't get to chose officials. I wonder who from UNT signed that contract.

Disappointing game. TCU definitely outplayed UNT in the second half. There were some goods signs for UNT including Chris Davis offense comming alive in the second half and UNT out rebounding the Frogs.

Crowd was also very disappointing. First home game against a metroplex rival and only an announced crowd of about 3,000 including maybe 50 fans from TCU. I guess the only consolation is that our announced 3000 crowd was significantly larger that the UNT at SMU annouced crowd of 4,000.

I really did not have a problem with the officiating. You could say that they let them play for the first 5-10 minutes, and then decided to start calling everything thereafter.

I echo the frustration with last night's game. I think we still have point guard problems. We bog down sometimes in dribbling displays at the three point line, rather than moving the ball around with confidence.

To sum it up, I think TCU just has better shot makers than we do.

Question: What did Will Smith do to move so far down the depth chart? Why is Unjel starting?

My Observations From the Game:

1) We lost 8-10 points in the second half because of missed lay-ups!

2) "ticky tack" BS fould in the first half put our best players in a foul crunch down the line, when actual fouls were occuring. My close friend from UT who attended the game with me, actually thought a ref blew his whistle before any contact had occured. (Use the force ref, anticipate the foul, see into the future)

3) Blount from TCU was absolutely HOT in the 2nd half. Every time he touched the ball, it was money. He single handedly brought that lead for them.

4)Unjel Masters has come a long way. Looks strong under the hoop, and played hard defense. Degrate, and Smith also played tough.

5) These were two very equal teams, that played a very physical game. Mental mistakes and missed layups cost us this one.

6) The band was great! Really helped the atmosphere of the game.

7) BRING THE FOOTBALL TEAM TO EVERY GAME!!!!

I can't tell you the number of times we were laughing because of the football team heckling TCU. They were sitting right behind me, and next to Talons, and were actually having a good time. "Bring in Harry Potter" (he knows who he was) and other one liners made the night great. And who better to heckle with.....What? you don't like it? Here's my friend Booger...now leave me alone!

All for now, See ya'll in Nawlins!

Tough one to a local rival.  *87-80*

I'm sure even more painful for those in attendance.  A positive...Davis appears to be out of his slump.

If Davis was out of his slump (and at one point hit 3 three pointers in a row) why didn't he shoot more when we needed it?

I drove up and yelled like a mad man ... I was dissappointed by the outcome.

TCU had the shots though. Great shooting on their part.

The officials were VERY inconsistent.

The refs did suck, but they made bad calls against both teams.

The only difference in the game was the little run TCU made in the second half. Every time down the court in that run they jacked up a three and it went in. We should have been expecting that, that's what TCU does.

The thing that was the most frustrating was the same as the SMU game. Our offense sucks. Our passes around the perimeter have no purpose. We never swung the ball around quickly to the backside for an open look. Everything seemed so tentative on the offensive end.

The game was 10 minutes old before Barnett came out of the locker room and took his place on the bench.

According to his dad, Justin had just finished taking a final.

Academics should be placed above athletics, but still, it looks like in this case an exception should have been made and the test given at some other time. This would never have happened at Kentucky or Indiana or many other universities.