Radio Show

UNT Mean Green

1) The refs for last Saturday's game....were from the ACC.

2) Coach talked about how well some of our redshirted players are doing. He mentioned quite a few. But the one that he seemed to talk about the most was WR Sam Roberson. He mentioned that the staff had considered pulling the redshirt off of Sam......but at this late date....decided against it.

3) Coach mentioned that he and his staff had decided that the team would go over (after the game) for the Navy alma mater....as their way of paying tribute to guys who are willing to put their lives on the line for all of us. After they did that....Navy reciprocated by going over for our alma mater.

4) Drex nailed the trivial question.

Good show, good crowd.

Edited by SUMG

1) The refs for last Saturday's game....were from the ACC.

2) Coach talked about how well some of our redshirted players are doing. He mentioned quite a few. But the one that he seemed to talk about the most was WR Sam Roberson. He mentioned that the staff had considered pulling the redshirt off of Sam......but at this late date....decided against it.

3) Coach mentioned that he and his staff had decided that the team would go over (after the game) for the Navy alma mater....as their way of paying tribute to guys who are willing to put their lives on the line for all of us. After they did that....Navy reciprocated by going over for our alma mater.

4) Drex nailed the trivial question.

Good show, good crowd.

Thanks SMUG....as usual, another great recap.

There was no good explanation regarding the celebration calls. What Dibrell did was nothing these refs don't see in the ACC each week when someone scores in the open field. Dodge said he asked the official about it and said '#19 was drawing attention to himself'. Take that for what it's worth.

Only holding penalty call all day results in a safety! YIKES.

I've been excited about Roberson since we signed him, as there were some BIG time schools coming after him.

I also love the respect and just overall attitude that Dodge is bringing to this team.

Seems to me, by making a catch and running with the ball, he was drawing attention to himself... :blink:

Navy8.jpg

He threw up the Claw before he crossed the goal line and in the officials judgement he was attempting to draw unrequired attention.

Guest JohnDenver

He threw up the Claw before he crossed the goal line and in the officials judgement he was attempting to draw unrequired attention.

It is such a worthless call.

"Excessive Celebration" ..

It isn't excessive to put your fingers in the air. Maybe the penalty should be "Celebration", since it seems that any amount of celebrating would have drawn a penalty.

As far as I can tell, celebrating isn't against any rule in the NCAA. It is when it is organized, using props or involving teammates that aren't already on the play field.

It makes my conspiracy mind think because we were playing a service academy and it wasn't "respectful" to them. Worthless.

So the penalty on Dibrell was for showing the claw? Not taunting other players or pointing at himself? But the UNT equivilent of Hook'em or Gig'em?

Sorry but give me a 105 UNT players like this and I will be just fine - thank you very much!

I was told by another fan that any time you hold your hand up during a play and are not calling for a fair catch it is an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct. First time I've ever seen it called. The holding in the end zone for a safety really turned the momentum of the game IMHO.

I was told by another fan that any time you hold your hand up during a play and are not calling for a fair catch it is an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct. First time I've ever seen it called. The holding in the end zone for a safety really turned the momentum of the game IMHO.

nice to see the college refs are preparing the players for the No Fun League. <_<

So the penalty on Dibrell was for showing the claw? Not taunting other players or pointing at himself? But the UNT equivilent of Hook'em or Gig'em?

Sorry but give me a 105 UNT players like this and I will be just fine - thank you very much!

Going into this year's Georgia-Florida game, which is the Texas-OU of those states, Georgia had only won twice in 17 years. When Georgia scored its first touchdown, the entire Dawgs bench ran to the end zone and went crazy. Of course, it cost them 15 on the kickoff. Going in at halftime, UGA coach Mark Richt was asked about it. He said: "I told them if we didn't get an excessive celebration penalty on our first touchdown, I was going to be mad at them."

The Gators never recovered psychologically, and the result was that Georgia beat Florida for the first time since about the first Charlemagne administration.

I'm not saying anybody should routinely draw intentional penalties, or that the Bulldogs were showing the delicate sportsmanlike propriety once expected of tennis players. I'm just sayin'.