Honest Question

El Paso Eagle

Pretty sure I agree.

We are not the worst in I-A though. I think we are the best of the zero, one, and two win teams. Sounds bad, but really, put us against any of the others right now and I bet we win. I agree our D is about as bad as I've seen (except maybe the home game against UNLV, what was that, 97? 98?), but against the others in the L-column (0-10, 1-9, 2-8, etc), I think we're tops, so that at least puts us, what, #85-ish?

Pretty sure I agree.

We are not the worst in I-A though. I think we are the best of the zero, one, and two win teams. Sounds bad, but really, put us against any of the others right now and I bet we win. I agree our D is about as bad as I've seen (except maybe the home game against UNLV, what was that, 97? 98?), but against the others in the L-column (0-10, 1-9, 2-8, etc), I think we're tops, so that at least puts us, what, #85-ish?

No way we beat Syracuse, N Illinois, or Notre Dame, at this rate we will not be close against WKU and now FIU is a toss-up, compared a sure win a week or more ago.

Okay, considering the instability of those you mentioned, let me append herein:

If there was a round-robin or something of all of them, we'd still come out on top, because most of the teams in that range still lose to each other. We'd still be the best-looking in the field, I think. If not, our offense would still be #1...wow, that still sounds depressing!

No way we are not the worst Division 1 football team.

Here's how I look at it:

OVERALL we are in a total rebuilding of a program from the ground floor up.

New staff, new system heading into the year.

We get demolished in Norman...so what...they are a team with a shot at the National Title.

We lose to SMU in Dallas. There were a ton of positives from that one. We were up 14-3 (Positive) at one point. 601 yards passing from our backup QB...not bad. We just self destructed late in the game.

We lost to Lafayette. Tough one to swallow. Couldn't stop the QB/TB rushing combo and did a good job offensively (Positive).

We lose to Arkansas...got run off the field. They're a good football team that significantly outathleted us and had us beat before it even started.

Against FAU we were up 17-3 again (Positive). Same team that took #6 South Florida to the buzzer. Much better athletes than us and we should have beaten them.

We defeat Monroe (Positive). Defense plays great against a good rushing team (Positive).

We lose to Troy (who should be in the Top 25). Defense creates 7 turnovers (Positive). Offense can't put the ball in the paint (negative). Out-athleted again.

We lost to MUTS. Gave this one away. It was a positive night in the fact that this was a Blue Raider team that almost beat Louisville when they were ranked #5 in the country, and took #21 Virginia to the buzzer as well.

We lose to Navy. I thought 2/3 of the game was well played by UNT. Offensively speaking, we were extremely explosive, and our staff did a great job of exploiting some weaknesses in their defensive schemes. Coach Dodge showed us a glimpse of 'Dodgeball' early on. Score on first drive, BOOM, onside kick, score BOOM. Showed Navy that we are coming to play! Defensively speaking, it was a tough night. Navy ran the ball at will and shoved it down our throats. That Option game is something else. It is executed perfectly! (several Positives from tonight!)

This thing is headed in a good direction in many ways! It's going to be very exciting in a few years! Even if we have an average defense (#50-80) we'll be able to beat most people.