The Race Card

RamoneArchie

I bow to you. You are a true expert in all things Pibb. I accidentally tried some and didn't really get a good look at the bottle. I'm a little suspicious now that I know they've dropped "Mr." Sounds too PC.

Anyway, I've moved Pibb Xtra into my Top 5 soft drinks:

(1) Pepsi - Red, White, and Blue...obviously the drink, then, for Americans and Texans (you Communists and Marxists go ahead with your Coca-Cola and its Red theme)

(2) Root Beer - it don't care which brand, just give me one

(3) RC

(4) Fanta Orange

(5) Pibb Xtra

curious, what got bumped from the 5 spot Pibb Xtra now enjoys?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I bow to you. You are a true expert in all things Pibb. I accidentally tried some and didn't really get a good look at the bottle. I'm a little suspicious now that I know they've dropped "Mr." Sounds too PC.

(1) Pepsi - Red, White, and Blue...obviously the drink, then, for Americans and Texans (you Communists and Marxists go ahead with your Coca-Cola and its Red theme)

(3) RC

(4) Fanta Orange

(5) Pibb Xtra

I want to point out, that even if you see a fountain that has the old 'Mr. Pibb' on it, my understanding is that it is now really dispensing Pibb Xtra. This tarnishing of a proud legacy is a malicious insult to the already painful injury.

Though in this case your tastes run into the strange and grotesque, I respect your right to choose.

I'm gonna need a little help here because I haven't been following this story closely.

"I am suspended indefinitely for saying, 'We are from the hood,' on the sideline," Green said."

Nobody's gonna get suspended just for saying "We are from the hood." Has the coaching staff or admin. commented on the suspension? It just seems like there's a huge puzzle piece missing here.

I'm gonna need a little help here because I haven't been following this story closely.

"I am suspended indefinitely for saying, 'We are from the hood,' on the sideline," Green said."

Nobody's gonna get suspended just for saying "We are from the hood." Has the coaching staff or admin. commented on the suspension? It just seems like there's a huge puzzle piece missing here.

Dodge does not comment on such things. And that's a mistake. Dodge should state plainly why Green was suspended and not let him define the issue.

(3) RC

(4) Fanta Orange

(5) Pibb Xtra

We're that bad? Yeah, we're that bad...

For those who are newbies or just trolling GoMeanGreen.com, it should be pointed out that Ramone Archie is an African American, a former (very talented) Mean Green football player and also a former UNT assistant football coach pre-Todd Dodge era in Mean Green Country.

And for your posting of this thread and your thoughts, Coach Archie...........a hearty and most sincere appreciation from your fellow alums and the Mean Green Nation. We all hope all is well for you in all your endeavors because after all........you are one of us who gives a d@mn about our alma mater and specifically, its football program.

Thank you sir for the kind words. Now let's go beat Navy!!

Dodge does not comment on such things. And that's a mistake. Dodge should state plainly why Green was suspended and not let him define the issue.

It has now grown to become the #2 story on the Ch. 8 news in DFW at 5pm today, complete with video of current practice and an on-camera interview with Mr. Green and later RV. Not much new info, just that Green says he doesn't want to play for the coaches again and may file a law suit. Dodge needs to do some damage control on this before it's out of control and tell their side of things. Not good media for the program or school. Can we counter-sue for slander, back tuition and fees, and damages to the program? :angry:

It has now grown to become the #2 story on the Ch. 8 news in DFW at 5pm today, complete with video of current practice and an on-camera interview with Mr. Green and later RV. Not much new info, just that Green says he doesn't want to play for the coaches again and may file a law suit. Dodge needs to do some damage control on this before it's out of control and tell their side of things. Not good media for the program or school. Can we counter-sue for slander, back tuition and fees, and damages to the program? :angry:

I watched the report by NT ex Debbie Denmon and thought it was a fair story. But Dominque showed what he did, and he flexed his muscles and said "We Hood," not 'We are from the hood.'

Coach George might have just taken offense at Green's butchering of the English Language. If the NAACP looks into this, really looks, into this and finds that Coach Dodge and Coach George acted out of racism, then some action needs to be taken. Do I think that there is anything to this? I hope not, but I've been wrong before.

I marched @ UTEP as a fresh/soph. 1 of maybe 6 - 8 caucasians (Gary? /The Dude) in a 180+ person band.

I got all kinds of nicknames back then. Cracker. Whitey. Hell, even the white profs called me whitey. It was all in jest, and they are my friends.

I learned upon transfer to Denton that you have to be much more careful around here with the racial slurs. El Paso was so...how shall I say? "loose".

Different backgrounds. Different takes.

psst. 2,000

Edited by greenminer