Greeting From The Blueraiderzone.com

KAjunRaider

El Gaupo's has the best mexican food in Denton, maybe in DFW. It's right off Elm St. by the square. But just the sqaure in general has a lot to do. Usually good bands playing at Andy's Bar. Great ice cream at Beth Marie's.

I have never been to Denton, and it looks like a very good possibility we'll be driving out this weekend.

Well it's about damn time. Of course you would come when I'm spending my entire game day afternoon over at the kids zone. Emmitt still sets up on the south end of the Blue lot though, that is if Lera let him have his man card back after their trip to New York two weeks ago to attend a wedding. Tell him to call me if and when y'all get over there.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

El Guapo (the man, not the restaurant) has been a frequent poster here on GOMEANGREEN.COM. I appreciate what he (the restaurant) does for North Texas. El Guapo's is just a block or so south of the historic Denton Square.

Also near the Square, Sweetwater, site of the Coach's show Monday nights, and Burgundy's, more upscale dining, next to the Campus Theater one block West of the Square.

I prefer Mazatlan's for my Mexican food, but El Matador is a good close second.

BBQ - Smokehouse just off I-35 on 377

Italian - Guisseppe's Locust street just north of the square

Bugers - Denton Independent Hamburger on the square, but is not open late. I think it closes at 7 pm on weekdays and 2 or 3 pm on Saturday.

Well it's about damn time. Of course you would come when I'm spending my entire game day afternoon over at the kids zone. Emmitt still sets up on the south end of the Blue lot though, that is if Lera let him have his man card back after their trip to New York two weeks ago to attend a wedding. Tell him to call me if and when y'all get over there.

Rick

It is not "official" yet. Still waiting on a couple of things to happen. But, you are right, it's about time I got my arse to Denton. I have not missed a helluva lot up until last year-- from MT's point of view.

Is "Soundman" still around?

I will 2nd you on Mazatlan's for Mexican food. If you want a BIG burrito go to Hooyas! It is right by the campus.

I have heard, do not know for a fact, that Denton and Murfreesboro are similar cities.......both with a nice downtown area and county square, both with big racetracks nearby, both being near large metro areas, both fighting to get pub over the BC$ programs in their respective states, both growing areas, etc.

Edited by KAjunRaider

I have started a thread on our message board HERE asking for things to do, places to see, etc.

I have never been to Denton, and it looks like a very good possibility we'll be driving out this weekend.

There should be several of us coming.

Thanks in advance !

Taco Cabana. They have great margaritas and after a few she wont even realize how cheap you are.

LEB Forever!

If you are looking for the best in fine authentic Mexican dining, try Pancho's Mexican Buffet just south of the stadium.

Raise the flag!

(DISCLAIMER: By "best", UNTFlyer actually means "worst". As in, "Pancho's Mexican Buffet is the worst Mexican food ever, and if you eat there you will have explosive diarrhea, projectile vomiting, and severe vertigo for 72 hours. Do not eat there!")

Guest JohnDenver

Raise the flag!

(DISCLAIMER: By "best", UNTFlyer actually means "worst". As in, "Pancho's Mexican Buffet is the worst Mexican food ever, and if you eat there you will have explosive diarrhea, projectile vomiting, and severe vertigo for 72 hours. Do not eat there!")

Unless you are just looking to support a UNT alum that bought the chain and trying to turn it around ...

Unless you are just looking to support a UNT alum that bought the chain and trying to turn it around ...

Hey, here in Euless, we're supposed to be sitting on top of that gas field called the "Barnett Shale". But, I don't think it's any coincidence that there's a Pancho's right in the middle of where that "natural gas" is supposed to be.

Sometimes you need that to make you feel alive!

If you are looking for the best in fine authentic Mexican dining, try Pancho's Mexican Buffet just south of the stadium.

Raise the flag!

Pure hilarity.