Going Into Game # 6

Charlie NT 73

I know the sign says 0-5 at this point in the season, but I am still

confident this team can win. The team appears to be improving

each week. Even with the 2 conference losses, what combination

of wins and losses by the other SBC teams can improve our chance

at the NOB or any other bowl game? If this team runs the board

and finishes 7-5, do we have a chance?

Yes, but we would have to run the table. We have enough good teams left on the schedule that a 7 - 0 run with good wins after the 0 - 5 start would be a great TV storyline and actually make us attractive to some minor bowl. I think the NOB is beyond reach this season unless Troy does an "el foldo".

How quickly some forget. I'm right there with you...it is possible. In 2000 we were 0-5 coming into the game against MUTS. We were also 21 point dogs. We won. Then ran the table. If anyone can tell me who we will be 21 point dogs to this year then I'll believe it is impossible.

Team........................... SBC / Overall

Troy............................... 3-0, 4-2

Florida Atlantic............... 2-0, 3-3

ULM............................... 1-1, 1-4

Louisiana-Lafayette....... 1-1, 1-5

Middle Tennessee.......... 1-1, 1-5

Arkansas State.............. 0-1, 2-3

Florida International...... 0-2, 0-6

North Texas................... 0-2, 0-5

First, we would need immediate help with 3 teams. We control our destiny against ULM, Muts, ASU, and FIU. We need someone else to beat Troy, FAU and ULL 2 times. Not impossible odds, but not easy either.

How quickly some forget. I'm right there with you...it is possible. In 2000 we were 0-5 coming into the game against MUTS. We were also 21 point dogs. We won. Then ran the table. If anyone can tell me who we will be 21 point dogs to this year then I'll believe it is impossible.

Sorry Emmitt, you are referring to 2001. In 2000, I think we were still in the Big? West.

Threads like this just keep setting us up for a fall.....lets just support the team and the coaches and let them know if we lose it's ok because we know better things are ahead. Let's face facts, we are NOT going to a bowl game this year.

Team........................... SBC / Overall

Troy............................... 3-0, 4-2

Florida Atlantic............... 2-0, 3-3

ULM............................... 1-1, 1-4

Louisiana-Lafayette....... 1-1, 1-5

Middle Tennessee.......... 1-1, 1-5

Arkansas State.............. 0-1, 2-3

Florida International...... 0-2, 0-6

North Texas................... 0-2, 0-5

First, we would need immediate help with 3 teams. We control our destiny against ULM, Muts, ASU, and FIU. We need someone else to beat Troy, FAU and ULL 2 times. Not impossible odds, but not easy either.

I think FAU would have to lose 3 conference games. If UNT and FAU both finish with two losses, FAU has a tie-breaker advantage by virtue of its win over North Texas. So UNT would have to finish ahead of FAU, not tied.

ULL would have to lose two more.

UNT would need Troy to lose just one more game, because UNT could hand Troy its second loss and at the same time gain a tie-breaker edge.

Threads like this just keep setting us up for a fall.....lets just support the team and the coaches and let them know if we lose it's ok because we know better things are ahead. Let's face facts, we are NOT going to a bowl game this year.

does your ability to foretell the future work on everything, or is it limited to UNT football games? Cause Im thinking if you can get us the winning megamillion #s, we could get that alleged new stadium started this weekend. :D

Cause Im thinking if you can get us the winning megamillion #s, we could get that alleged new stadium started this weekend. :D

The lottery is not a game, it is a tax on those who are bad at math :)

0.00000000569114597006% or so.

Countdown to someone posting "So, you're saying there's a chance?" in 3...2...1...

does your ability to foretell the future work on everything, or is it limited to UNT football games? Cause Im thinking if you can get us the winning megamillion #s, we could get that alleged new stadium started this weekend. :D

lol....you don't need to be a gypsy or have a crystal ball to know we are NOT going to a bowl game this year....but all you need to be to think we are is an eternal optimist :D and thats not a bad thing. I just don't want to hear from these same people who think we have that chance to go to a bowl game to start whining about the coaches when we don't....we got to give these guys all our support and give them time to get new people for their system

Edited by soonerdon