Schedule Finalized

UNTLifer

I like the schedule.....but I'm not a fan of day games. (the 2 p.m. tipoffs).

And, if they're going to have the Cameron game, after our Navy football game.....they ought to move the b-ball game back to 7:30. Because, with Dodge Ball our football games are going to last longer......and folks might have to rush straight from the football game to the b-ball game....because I can easily see the football game going to 6:30 or later.

I like the schedule.....but I'm not a fan of day games. (the 2 p.m. tipoffs).

And, if they're going to have the Cameron game, after our Navy football game.....they ought to move the b-ball game back to 7:30. Because, with Dodge Ball our football games are going to last longer......and folks might have to rush straight from the football game to the b-ball game....because I can easily see the football game going to 6:30 or later.

Wait... you're worried about people leaving a home football game against Navy to see the basketball team play Cameron?

:unsure:

Wait... you're worried about people leaving a home football game against Navy to see the basketball team play Cameron?

:unsure:

I never said, that folks would leave the football game early. I just said, they might want to consider giving more time between the events. And yes, I do hope as many folks as possible will go to BOTH GAMES.

Better than last year's schedule, but hardly stellar with home games against Cameron, Hartford, Centenary, and Texas A&M International. The one home against Oklahoma State is the only thing that saves this OC schedule from being as bad as last years. Not to say that most teams are not using the same scheduling philosophy which is to get as weak a home schedule as possible with 1 or 2 games against teams that are better or about equal. NT should be at 5-3 and maybe 6-2 oc with this schedule.

I do take exception to the write up which states that last year was the best season ever for NT basketball. No way. There were 11 loses that went with those 23 victories and only finishing 5th seed in the conference does not support a best season ever even at NT. One of the better seasons for sure, but does not compare with Blakeley's 22-4 season or Spika's 18-10 in the best conference in BB at the time.

I do take exception to the write up which states that last year was the best season ever for NT basketball. No way. There were 11 loses that went with those 23 victories and only finishing 5th seed in the conference does not support a best season ever even at NT. One of the better seasons for sure, but does not compare with Blakeley's 22-4 season or Spika's 18-10 in the best conference in BB at the time.

I do agree with this wholeheartdely. The 22-4 season when we were ranked(but got hosed by the NCAA and NIT) was our best team of all time. And I wasn't even around yet. :lol:

What a tease!!!! I damn near jumped out of my seat when I saw Hartford on the schedule until I realized it was a home game!!! Does anyone have any information on that game as to whether or not its a home and home (or possibly a typo and its actually a road game :thumbsup: )? It'd be nice to be able to see a game.

I just checked the Hartford site (hoping UNT got it wrong...they didn't) but they have a kid from Fort Worth...David Bookman, a 6'7" forward who went to Southwest H.S...could be a large Hartford contingent in attendance.

Boy, they sure do have a tough schedule...especially the OOC schedule.

- The Cameron game really should be moved back, especially if there's a banner-raising ceremony. Those that supported the team throughout the season and in New Orleans will still be at the Navy game.

- I hate that the UTA game is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Whatever student turnout there could have been between Talons, SGA, RHA, Pit Crew, etc. is killed. Most students start to head home Tuesday, and the dorms close Wednesday evening.

- I hate that the UTA game is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Whatever student turnout there could have been between Talons, SGA, RHA, Pit Crew, etc. is killed. Most students start to head home Tuesday, and the dorms close Wednesday evening.

A lot of fans will be in the Metroplex during the Thanksgiving holidays. Hopefully some will head to UTA for the game Wednesday evening.

A lot of fans will be in the Metroplex during the Thanksgiving holidays. Hopefully some will head to UTA for the game Wednesday evening.

Yeah, hopefully so. I was in town last year for Thanksgiving and REALLY enjoyed the Tulsa game. I like the regional opponents, just wish we would play some in the Mid-Atlantic as well! :(