Tackling

Dodge2007

Food for thought...How would things been different is Woody Wilson would have stayed on the team and converted to a defensive back? Thoughts?

He would have done nothing to help, how much did Byerly help? I can not trust players who do not get their act together in the classroom or chnage for the best of the program. Wilson quit the team because he was not going to be in the QB hunt. So no reason to even speculate.

I do not trust Gilmore or Banks this year even though they got eligible.

Edited by untbowler

He pulled them out of his arse as he was trying to make a point.

Not exactly. What made you jump to this conclusion? A little defensive, are we? Scroll up. It took a few posts for someone else to find out what I was referring to. Don't get the tone here.

I stand by what I said. Don't know what I've said to cause such animosity and scrutiny from you. Never said I don't have confidence in the staff or that I'm excited as ever It's okay to be critical and have opinions, especially when you have concrete things to point to. You don't think Dodge is more critical than any one of us???

GMG - Beat SMU. Please.

Currently we do not have the athletes to play with the big boys and maybe the SunBelt. I hope Mendoza was playing a base defense knowing that any adjustments would not make a difference in the outcome and only help SMU prepare for this weekend. We will be able to tell more about the staff this week. However, we are still a couple of years away before DD and the boys have the athletes and players he needs to make his system work.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

You're both right. Roman was overmatched and should've had help. But, he wasn't the only problem by far. Linebackers were a disappointment as well. Most of their tackles were in or near the middle of the field. They killed us when they were able to get outside. I noticed that even the redoubtable Joshua Chapman kept pinching in toward the middle and they would simply run around the spot that he vacated and take it to the sidelines. Also, we had a couple of starters that didn't make a single tackle.

As long as we could keep them inside we seemed to do okay. Murray gained 87 yards on 17 carries but half of that came on one play where he was able to take it to the outside.

These are not meant to be criticisms of our defensive staff but observations that I hope can be corrected by Saturday. SMU has two pretty good receivers although not the quality of Murray or Iglesias. They can still hurt a pass defense and I hope that we are not relying on one person to cover each without at least part-time help.

My last observation is that I didn't see Green, Chatman or Warren on the sidelines. I hope that nothing has happened to them. I don't know if Gordon played either but I did record the game and will go back and try to find out if he played.

A play that should've been called back.