Oklahoma, Oklahoma

Oklahoma, Oklahoma

Oklahoma, Oklahoma

Oklahoma, OK U!

I'm a Sooner born and Sooner bred

and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead

Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma

Rah Oklahoma, OK U!

Not everyone can have an adverb for a mascot.

---True, and who else can you think of that adopted a school mascot that is named for and honoring a group of cheaters. Even SMU was smarter than that.

I'm a Sooner born and Sooner bred

and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead

Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma

Rah Oklahoma, OK U!

Sooner born and bred.????? Why are so many of their players from Texas... They are very confused people with a very **"knock-off" song.

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner, OK U!

Oklahoma, Oklahoma

Oklahoma, Oklahoma

Oklahoma, Oklahoma

Oklahoma, OK U!

**21 of the first 25 words are selected from THREE words. ..... I suppose is so their students will not have a lot of trouble reading them.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Very funny...got to hand it to those Okies! Keep it simple...hey, and they don't change "traditions" colors and logos every other year either. Go figure...I guess they have put a little more time into building a winning athletic program than in worrying about their school fight song. I'm not an OU fan, but they do seem to be doing the "winning" thing right these days on the football field at least. I'll be in Norman for the game Saturday...my guess, the place will be packed with a ton of Okies! O.K., maybe some Texans too....but, year in and year out, they pack 'em in.

I am looking forward to the day when UNT tickets will be as hard to come by on a regular basis as OU tickets. Folks, keep it going and that day will come sooner than you might think...and in a bigger and better stadium too. GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT OU...I Hope!