Two Deep Out--a Few Surprises

island eagle

The two-deep for the OU game is now official. Here is the lineup: QB-Meager, Vizza; RB-Thomas, Mosley; WR-B. Jackson, Dibrell; WR-Stickler, Roderick Johnson; WR-Washington; B.J. Lewis; WR-Fitzgerald, Breece Johnson; RT-Peachey, Venegas; RG-Santiago; Venegas; C-Drake, Glass; LG-Bailey, Rose; LT-Menard, Gill

Defense: DE-Buruss, Davenport; DT-Thomas, Miller; DT-Stevenson, Stewart; DE-Chapman, Owusu-Heming; OLB-Monroe, Robertson; MLB-Mendoza, Nwigwe; OLB-Holman, Mahan; CB-Nurudeen, Oubre; CB-Bush, Roman; S-Agbottah, Cotton; S-Weathers, Higgs.

A Quoneresque observation: we're going to play without Cox? :o

Cox is a helluva ballcarrier! Moseley must be special to be backing up Thomas; I look forward to seeing him in action. I remember reading his name from posts in the past but I don't have a mental picture of him as a runner. Did he play in the Spring game?

I answered my own question! I did my homework by going to the athletics website and looking at his bio. Mosley is a true freshman but is a bigger back than Cox. His pedigree and the level of his high school competition are both quite impressive.

Edited by EagleMBA

I answered my own question! I did my homework by going to the athletics website and looking at his bio. Mosley is a true freshman but is a bigger back than Cox. His pedigree and the level of his high school competition are both quite impressive.

On Dodge's radio show Dodge said: "Mosley is one heck of a football playing dude. He will see his indoctrination against OU." He also said Cam has suffered some injuries which have hindered his transition.

Suprises! There are several I see--

Sam Owusu-Hemeng at # 2 DE, listed at 6-1,230lbs. I though he was a LB.

Rexrode is still recovering from a injury.

Wasn't Owusu-Hemeng a star in one of the "all-star" HS games?

Davenport at # 2 DE. Lets see, he played LB, WR, and now DE! I was pulling

for Charley Brown to earn play time at DE. I still think he will play this year.

Craig Robertson, # 2 OLB, kind of expected this. Mahan also # 2-but look who

is ahead of him, Holman.

Glass at # 2 center, I thought JJ Johnson had this position locked up.

WR's- several new fresh WR's made the # 2 position, B. Johnson, Dibrell, BJ Lewis.

Top 8 WR's play, so these # 2 WR's might as well be starters also.

S--Agbottah, not really a suprise, he has been improving since day one.

OT--Victor Gill behind Menard? Is Gill that good, or is there not a better back up?

Several names missing- Gillmore, D. Green, B. Carlson, D. Cox, C Montgomery

to name a few.

Also- Has Christain Davidson locked down the Deep Snaper position?

Suprises! There are several I see--

Sam Owusu-Hemeng at # 2 DE, listed at 6-1,230lbs. I though he was a LB.

Rexrode is still recovering from a injury.

Wasn't Owusu-Hemeng a star in one of the "all-star" HS games?

Davenport at # 2 DE. Lets see, he played LB, WR, and now DE! I was pulling

for Charley Brown to earn play time at DE. I still think he will play this year.

Craig Robertson, # 2 OLB, kind of expected this. Mahan also # 2-but look who

is ahead of him, Holman.

Glass at # 2 center, I thought JJ Johnson had this position locked up.

WR's- several new fresh WR's made the # 2 position, B. Johnson, Dibrell, BJ Lewis.

Top 8 WR's play, so these # 2 WR's might as well be starters also.

S--Agbottah, not really a suprise, he has been improving since day one.

OT--Victor Gill behind Menard? Is Gill that good, or is there not a better back up?

Several names missing- Gillmore, D. Green, B. Carlson, D. Cox, C Montgomery

to name a few.

Also- Has Christain Davidson locked down the Deep Snaper position?

Yes, Owusu-Hemeng looked very good in the Texas High School All-Star Football game a couple of years ago, playing DE. In fact, he thought he should have been named defensive MVP, but it went to somebody else.

Gilmour seems to be the only notable M.I.A. from the travel roster...I believe both Draylon Ross and Tye Rexrode are out with injuries. Brian Carlson is also on the travel squad but I'm kinda disappointed he's not in the 2-deep...forcing Adam Venegas, who may be our best lineman, to provide depth at tackle...and it seems Papa Todd may be bringing the freshmen linemen along a bit slower than some of the specialty positions.

Why ? Kaiser is a true freshman. Don't see any true freshmen OL in the 2 deep. Matt Tomlinson isn't there either.

Why? Kaiser is a true OL and Gill is a converted TE that is not heavy enough to play this position yet. My concerns about Kaiser may be coming true. His speed times were horrendous, and he may end up too slow to contribute.

Why? Kaiser is a true OL and Gill is a converted TE that is not heavy enough to play this position yet. My concerns about Kaiser may be coming true. His speed times were horrendous, and he may end up too slow to contribute.

So, are you concerned about Tomlinson also ? He's a freshman and didn't make the two deep either. Bet TD wants to redshirt his incoming OL freshmen if possible.

Edited by MeanGreen61

So, are you concerned about Tomlinson also ? He's a freshman and didn't make the two deep either. Bet TD wants to redshirt his incoming OL freshmen if possible.

Guess I should be. I see your point, but it is just surprising to me that Gill is moved from TE just a few days ago and now he is a backup tackle at 235lbs-255lbs when Kaiser and Tomlinson have been OL's and have the size to play there now.