Any One Watching The All Star Game?

OldTimer

Dribell couldn't catch a couple of passes, Pension missed one tackle, looks like the North center was doing OK, Is anyway as hacked as I am on the TV announcing....interviews in the stands and on the sidelines...missed plays coverage , when the plays were shown during interviews the viewing screen was so small you couldn't tell who was doing what....of course we were watching the game to see a player interviewed on the sidelines quoting poetry. Why don't the TV people understand we are not watching to see them....but the game.

Dribell couldn't catch a couple of passes, Pension missed one tackle, looks like the North center was doing OK, Is anyway as hacked as I am on the TV announcing....interviews in the stands and on the sidelines...missed plays coverage , when the plays were shown during interviews the viewing screen was so small you couldn't tell who was doing what....of course we were watching the game to see a player interviewed on the sidelines quoting poetry. Why don't the TV people understand we are not watching to see them....but the game.

You had to read lips to know whatthe soft spoken Russell athletics spokesman was saying. He was mentioning the greatness of the North's black uniforms. The guy was Dickey in disguise.

I wish they'd involve Dibrell more, he has looked good at times. Dropped a gimme, though

JJ has been the most consistent. He's not dominant, but the DTs aren't getting any leverage on him. I didn't notice until halftime, but one of the guys he's lining up against is a UT signee. I'll keep an eye on that.

Penson has been okay, but a lot of plays haven't gone his way.

Oh yeah, I agree with your statements concerning the coverage.

Edited by greenminer

Don't forget the announcers totally dropping the ball on mentioning North Texas when talking about the top ten high schools teams for next season. Okay, so maybe I'm a North Texas homer, but it seems just natural to mention that although Southlake Carroll is in the number one spot, they've got a new coach due to their former coach of note taking the head position at NORTH TEXAS.

*sigh* When does the season start?

My take on the game...

-North Texas mentioned early on when our recruits were discussed

-Dibrell had an off night; just a couple of passes thrown his way and he couldn't handle them

-Penson is going to be a good one

-JJ Johnson seemed very solid to me

-From what I could see, all three recruits played the entire game

I've got it on Tivo and just finished watching the first half. Yes, the announcers suck big time. He kept calling Dibrell Gamble and I don't even see a Gamble listed on the roster. Dibrell recovered the fumble and not Gamble...whoever the heck Gamble is. Dibrell dropped two passes that he should have easily caught. I saw Penson's missed tackle but he did slow the guy down enough for the rest of the D to stop. I also Penson make several big plays. I believe he was in the first clip of the highlights in the first half where he dropped back in pass coverage, made the read that the ball was going to his receiver, and then tackled the receiver just about the same time the ball reached him.

****I just found Gambill...not only did the announcer get the name wrong, but he got the position and the team wrong...Gambill was a CB on the North team :rolleyes: ****

Edited by gangrene

Dibrell was getting open every time he was in. He caught at least one pass, and then dropped a first down pass that hit him in the hands. But in the second half he nearly came down with a tough one behind him. I thought he looked good, size and speed wise. I'll think he will be just fine.

JJ Johnson played very well and was in there during the North's best drive early in the second half. He wasn't the largest on the O line but he looked very quick for his size.

AJ Penson looked very good. He was in on a lot of plays and was around the ball seemingly on every play. I don't remember him coming out of the game all night.

What I would like to know is how is it that the North only could get ONE QB to come play, Logan Turner(smu) of Springtown? Seemed the South had an unfair advantage in the QB category, and the game didn't have nearly the QB talent as last years game. Also, what was with the North's offense running the ball all night? Even though they had those two monsters on the right side of the line, both going to Texas and A&M, they couldn't move the South's D at all on any consistent basis. TCU's "Tank" Carder, the left DE was in my oppinion the MVP of the game as he disrupted the North's timing all night.

Rick

Pinson was wearing #10. He was around the ball the entire night, had several tackles and caused a fumble. I don't recall but one series that he wasn't in at middle linebacker.

Rick

Pinson played all if not most of the game. I remember him in on maybe 3 tackles not a high total for an inside linebacker. He did seem to be around a lot of plays but not in on them. It just shows I guess that two people can watch the game and see different things. I did just watch on tv so if you went to the game you would have a more accurate assessment. Actually I didn't see many players other than the TCU bound linebacker (Tank) that really stood out.

Don't get me wrong because I didn't think Pinson had better than an average game. I am elated that NT signed him and he may have as much raw talent as NT has seen at LB. As I stated I though Johnson had by far the best game of any of the NT players. He may give Drake a run for his money at center if not this year next. Not that Drake is not going to start at some line position, he is probably NT's best lineman.

Pinson was wearing #10. He was around the ball the entire night, had several tackles and caused a fumble. I don't recall but one series that he wasn't in at middle linebacker.

Rick

I thought the same thing Rick. While the announcers only mentioned Penson's name a few times, I saw #10 all over the field. If he wasn't in on the tackle, he was there just after the tackle had been made. On a few pass plays I would see him on the screen when the camera was focusing on the QB passing, then the pass would be completed 10-15 yards down the field and I'd see #10 enter the screen again just as the tackle was being made.