An Absurdly Premature Assessment Of: North Texas

Guest JohnDenver

Yep, title says it all. It is an absurdly premature assessment. B)

Well, he does have CNU (NSFW BTW) and some videos by some JohnDenver02 dude.

Looks like everything he states and points out, is from the past.

The guy does not know Coach Dodge and what Coach Dodge can do and will do.

The guy does not know NT has talent and the will to win!

Only the 2007 season will prove to all these so called "football experts" that North

Texas is back, and will not be pushed around!

Wow? That was written from a unique perspective? I'm not sure if he is giving us 5-7 because we are that bad, or that good? I do think he touched on a note or two that was accurate.

First, he's right about this much... Danny Meager did look better in the spring game than he did all of last year. I attribute that to the new offense, which appears to be tailor-made for Danny's strengths. Second, the article does address the dissention on the sidelines during Darrell Dickey's last season as head coach (black jerseys and assist. coaches fighting). These occurrences are not possible with Coach Dodge. The man is in complete control, and the word "discipline" is tattooed on every forehead that takes the field these days in Denton. I say dont worry about the early predictions. The jury will be out on the spread offense and Coach Dodge until next season is over. Personally, I am hoping for 7-5, but expect to win about half. The offense will be much improved, but we have some issues remaining on defense.

Let's check this yahoo's read on the team and Coach Dodge half way through the season. NT really cant be judged by what happens in Norman, but SMU will have a revenge factor going for their game against us... which makes it a true test of how Danny Meager and company are executing the offense under pressure. I also have a feeling the sports writers will be following Coach Dodge's progress with this program. If the last two seasons are any indication of how bad things can get, then we only really have one way to go now...and that's up.

Forget the pre-mature assessments. This team needed a change of vision and a new mind-set. It appears we got both.

GMG!!!

IMHO, the main issue for our football program will not be measured by the number of wins for Todd Dodge and his staff's first season; but rather the upside we will get (and are now getting) from this new staff which is:

(1) A solid foundation that is already being laid as to build a football program that will (ultimately) land us in the Top 25 stratisphere of NCAA D1-A football, a la our former conference-mate Boise State U with their almost annual Top 25 co-existance that landed them in a BCS Championship bowl this last January.

(2) A football coaching staff that will develop many Rival's rated 2 star recruits that many schools not in the Big 6 BCS conferences harvest each recruiting season, but with Dodge and Company "developing" many of those ** recruits into *** and **** collegiate level type talent.

And with a true NCAA D1-A sized football stadium being built on the land already reserved at the Mean Green Village for our future new football palace, the main campus of the UNT System will put the final piece of the puzzle in place that will allow our football program to attain heights many of our elect as well as most of our critics will not have ever believed possible in Denton, Texas, America.

So as FFR says............It's All Good & It's All Green!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Wow? That was written from a unique perspective? I'm not sure if he is giving us 5-7 because we are that bad, or that good? I do think he touched on a note or two that was accurate.

First, he's right about this much... Danny Meager did look better in the spring game than he did all of last year. I attribute that to the new offense, which appears to be tailor-made for Danny's strengths. Second, the article does address the dissention on the sidelines during Darrell Dickey's last season as head coach (black jerseys and assist. coaches fighting). These occurrences are not possible with Coach Dodge. The man is in complete control, and the word "discipline" is tattooed on every forehead that takes the field these days in Denton. I say dont worry about the early predictions. The jury will be out on the spread offense and Coach Dodge until next season is over. Personally, I am hoping for 7-5, but expect to win about half. The offense will be much improved, but we have some issues remaining on defense.

Let's check this yahoo's read on the team and Coach Dodge half way through the season. NT really cant be judged by what happens in Norman, but SMU will have a revenge factor going for their game against us... which makes it a true test of how Danny Meager and company are executing the offense under pressure. I also have a feeling the sports writers will be following Coach Dodge's progress with this program. If the last two seasons are any indication of how bad things can get, then we only really have one way to go now...and that's up.

Forget the pre-mature assessments. This team needed a change of vision and a new mind-set. It appears we got both.

GMG!!!

If Danny looked better in the spring than he did all of last year, (IMHO) it's not because of the offense, it's because he now has a REAL coach.